Gravity Testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what they mean by a new glass cockpit is actually moving to OLED. Peter Rawlinson said ages ago he wants to move to OLED displays, and there was a report of Lucid discussing ordering OLED displays from LG Display. That will help with reducing the screen blooming at night.

If that's how theyre going to open the frunk, it will look pretty stupid; it'll probably look like half of the front of the car fell off when you open the frunk. It won't be consistent with Lucid's design language. If that is all a one piece frunk, it will also make replacing the silver 'eyebrow' piece basically impossible, and it will probably be fused with the front.

I also just realised, it looks like Lucid moved the high beam module to just above the vertical DRLs.
It might look stupid open, but the utility and practicality of it is way better. Ask anyone who uses the Rivian frunk vs a Ford f150. Sometimes being practical is more important.

I like how the F150 frunk opens and it looks like the Gravity will be similar. There is a lot of utility with the lower lip.

Or if they dont do that it could even flip down like a truck, useful working surface.

This could end up being more incredible than than Air! They've developed this of late. I mean looking at the way they are pushing it a tri motor Sapphire has to be in the works right?🙂

Man is it even high enough off the ground to be considered a suv? Haha

Gosh, I hope not. No, really. I’d prefer a Gravity CUV than a Gravity SUV. I pulled up alongside a Kia Carnival today. It seems to sit higher than a Honda Odyssey minivan but lower than a Honda Pilot. The Kia Carnival’s door sill height would be ideal, if the priority is to have elderly people get in and out without too much difficulty.

Gosh, I hope not. No, really. I’d prefer a Gravity CUV than a Gravity SUV. I pulled up alongside a Kia Carnival today. It seems to sit higher than a Honda Odyssey minivan but lower than a Honda Pilot. The Kia Carnival’s door sill height would be ideal, if the priority is to have elderly people get in and out without too much difficulty.
Its the air suspension, you can adjust it however you want.

It looks like there has been a redesign of the rear area. Way better looking than the previous images from several years back. I personally thought this area of the car was hideous. I think I even made comments here or on YouTube videos where Jenkins was interviewed; hoping he would see it.

I can't quiet tell if they've reprofiled the wheel arches. They look really bad on the previous prototype too. It looks like it though.

Screenshot_20230425-163811.png
Screenshot_20230425-163937.png
Lucid-Gravity-SUV-2.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like there has been a redesign of the rear area. Way better looking than the previous images from several years back. I personally thought this area of the car was hideous. I think I even made comments here or on YouTube videos where Jenkins was interviewed; hoping he would see it.

I can't quiet tell if they've reprofiled the wheel arches. They look really bad on the previous prototype too. It looks like it though.

View attachment 11756View attachment 11757View attachment 11758
Looks much much better. Theres a divided opinion for some reason- some seem to think the other ones back looks better.

So the Gravity presented yesterday is the base model or maybe the Sapphire version of it? It looks so much better than the prototype.

No idea if its the Sapphire or not. I guess there is an assumption that it is a Sapphire because they took it to the track? In the video, that is Thunderhill West, in reverse; counter clockwise. I tried to peep the interior to see if there was a roll bar, it is too dark to tell. The biggest exterior give aways on the Air test car was the diffuser and widebody. I don't see any signs of a widebody on the Gravity in the video, and a diffuser that high of the ground is probably useless aerodynamically.

It's anyone's guess at this point.

No idea if its the Sapphire or not. I guess there is an assumption that it is a Sapphire because they took it to the track? In the video, that is Thunderhill West, in reverse; counter clockwise. I tried to peep the interior to see if there was a roll bar, it is too dark to tell. The biggest exterior give aways on the Air test car was the diffuser and widebody. I don't see any signs of a widebody on the Gravity in the video, and a diffuser that high of the ground is probably useless aerodynamically.

It's anyone's guess at this point.
The wing is what made me think it was a sapphire.

The wing is what made me think it was a sapphire.
I believe that's just the rear spoiler/diffuser. You can see it on their original promo.

Fingers crossed that you're right. The new side profile appears distinctly better than the old--tho I'm not crazy about the look of the spoiler.

Props to our members here who--in 24 hours--gave this video closer analysis than the Zapruder film!

My guess is that spoiler is not there to produce downforce. but instead probably there to help smooth the air coming off the rear of the hatch to reduce drag and improve efficiency.

I actually like how the R1S open its frunk than Lightning. Rivian has kneel mode can auto lower height when car enters park mode. It also has 2 layer magnetic divider which works in deep frunk like Air, and it has drain valve to hold ice or liquid in frunk in case something cracked opened or spilled.

The rear design from pictures look like magnified Air’s back and some crossover language. I’m not liking its back, but I do love the front. Need to see more angles and side profile.

I actually like how the R1S open its frunk than Lightning. Rivian has kneel mode can auto lower height when car enters park mode. It also has 2 layer magnetic divider which works in deep frunk like Air, and it has drain valve to hold ice or liquid in frunk in case something cracked opened or spilled.

The rear design from pictures look like magnified Air’s back and some crossover language. I’m not liking its back, but I do love the front. Need to see more angles and side profile.
If the gravitys is two piece and goes down like i think, then you would be able to keep the bottom one down I imagine.

I like the back profile of the Gravity, gives it kind of a porsche vibe from the promo.
It's definitely much more attractive with this profile than the prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back