Gravity Testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1682430384629.png

1682430391652.png

Takeways: The hood isnt as short as originally thought.
Car is really wide and it looks planted.
This is probably the sapphire thanks to the massive spoiler and the tire widths

Man is it even high enough off the ground to be considered a suv? Haha

1682430758282.png

I also think that the legroom will be fantastically good.
The red ones are where the headrests are around, and the third row cant be seen but I am assuming it will be where blue is. This is going after LWB range rovers and maybachs.

Man is it even high enough off the ground to be considered a suv? Haha
They could have lowered it with the air suspension... after all this is track testing. I dig the low look though.
Also, it could just look "planted" to the ground because of its wide wheel arches. This design choice is shown in the GLE(merc) and it looks super sporty and low thanks to it.
I really dont understand how the frunk is going to work, because the US mandates that headlight objects cannot move with a body panel.(the reason lucid has to have two break lights on the trunk of the air) I think that it could be like a trucks "multipro" tailgate, with that bottom part that says "follow us lucidmotors" flipping down, and the hood flipping up.
1682431020831.png

I really dont understand how the frunk is going to work, because the US mandates that headlight objects cannot move with a body panel.(the reason lucid has to have two break lights on the trunk of the air) I think that it could be like a trucks "multipro" tailgate, with that bottom part that says "follow us lucidmotors" flipping down, and the hood flipping up.
View attachment 11735
I think that's unlikely. 1. massive cost for not much benefit, and it doesn't really make sense on a luxury car. 2. It would require moving the lidar sensor in some way, which will end up with alignment issues or calibration tolerances that will inevitably come up if somebody accidentally knocks that piece a few millimetres out of place.

I think its just a design thing, probably for a visual break up to stop the front of the car looking too slabby. I don't think that cutline looks good though, its almost 100% going to be the new version of "i don't like the lucid air's trunk cutline".

I think that's unlikely. 1. massive cost for not much benefit, and it doesn't really make sense on a luxury car. 2. It would require moving the lidar sensor in some way, which will end up with alignment issues or calibration tolerances that will inevitably come up if somebody accidentally knocks that piece a few millimetres out of place.

I think its just a design thing, probably for a visual break up to stop the front of the car looking too slabby. I don't think that cutline looks good though, its almost 100% going to be the new version of "i don't like the lucid air's trunk cutline".
I really wouldnt understand how that cutout is coherent with any other design feature in the gravity. Could be an enclosure for the lidar as you said, but calibration would be weird.

I really wouldnt understand how that cutout is coherent with any other design feature in the gravity. Could be an enclosure for the lidar as you said, but calibration would be weird.
You can see the lidar in the image. It's in the same spot as it is in the Air. Derek Jenkins and the design team pulled off a masterpiece with the Air's exterior (IMO), so i have full trust that they know what they're doing adding an extra line there.

Interestingly, the wrap for the car is stars. I wonder if that's a clue for the names of their next cars...

Gotta have the lip somewhere, it's like the f150 frunk instead of the rivian frunk, easier loading is good.

Gotta have the lip somewhere, it's like the f150 frunk instead of the rivian frunk, easier loading is good.
But that brings me to my next point. If that was the case, the headlights would also have to move, which im sure is illegal in US regulations.

You can see the lidar in the image. It's in the same spot as it is in the Air. Derek Jenkins and the design team pulled off a masterpiece with the Air's exterior (IMO), so i have full trust that they know what they're doing adding an extra line there.

Interestingly, the wrap for the car is stars. I wonder if that's a clue for the names of their next cars...
No, stars have been used in many gravity promo materials.

Also apparently, its being driven on PUBLIC roads. Matter of time before somebody sees it.

But that brings me to my next point. If that was the case, the headlights would also have to move, which im sure is illegal in US regulations.
The whole frunk piece probably is just inside the headlights where the seam can't be seen because of the black trim. Best guess following the lines up.

If that's how theyre going to open the frunk, it will look pretty stupid; it'll probably look like half of the front of the car fell off when you open the frunk. It won't be consistent with Lucid's design language. If that is all a one piece frunk, it will also make replacing the silver 'eyebrow' piece basically impossible, and it will probably be fused with the front.

I also just realised, it looks like Lucid moved the high beam module to just above the vertical DRLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back