Gravity Launch

do we know what day during the LA auto show the gravity will be launched? never been and would be interested in going just to see the unveil. so trying to figure out what type of ticket i should be buying

do we know what day during the LA auto show the gravity will be launched? never been and would be interested in going just to see the unveil. so trying to figure out what type of ticket i should be buying
I imagine it'll be there the whole time, but that's just a guess.

I imagine it'll be there the whole time, but that's just a guess.
i thought they were gonna have a time slot on the schedule to do an actual unveiling with presentations, panels, and stuff. and after the unveiling, it'll be there the rest of the convention. maybe ill just wait for the official auto show schedule announcement

Usually the new product launches happen on day 1/2. So I would assume the Gravity will launch on Nov 17th or 18th. Then the rest of the week it will be on display at the show.

i thought they were gonna have a time slot on the schedule to do an actual unveiling with presentations, panels, and stuff. and after the unveiling, it'll be there the rest of the convention. maybe ill just wait for the official auto show schedule announcement
I would imagine that the unveiling is a prerecorded video like all of lucids reveals so far if that matters.. which is a shame. I always love live events, they have more charisma!

I hope the Gravity gives us something to wow about such actual high power bi-directional charging.

Under "Vehicle Debuts" the LA Auto Show website is showing a blank with nothing but the phrase "2023 Vehicle Debuts Coming Soon". I find it odd that little over three weeks from the opening, they still don't know what vehicles will be debuted at the show.

Under "Vehicle Debuts" the LA Auto Show website is showing a blank with nothing but the phrase "2023 Vehicle Debuts Coming Soon". I find it odd that little over three weeks from the opening, they still don't know what vehicles will be debuted at the show.
Well, the gravity is confirmed. Likely a case of lazy website updates or manufacturers wanting to keep their reveals secret.

Well Lucid has already announced it whether or not the Auto show updates their website

Lucid says that reveal will be on November 16th, 1 day before the official start. They clearly want to have the whole Convention center to themselves for the reveal.

Lucid says that reveal will be on November 16th, 1 day before the official start. They clearly want to have the whole Convention center to themselves for the reveal.
What they mean by that is the Gravity will be revealed to the world via the press. Many car companies do reveals and have private parties on the day before the public part of the auto show.

What they mean by that is the Gravity will be revealed to the world via the press. Many car companies do reveals and have private parties on the day before the public part of the auto show.

Was gunna mention this. Press day is the 16th.

But anyone can buy a ticket for $150.

Was gunna mention this. Press day is the 16th.

But anyone can buy a ticket for $150.
I'm not sure about that. From the link Bobby posted:
AutoMobility LA is intended for automotive analysts, automakers, dealers, designers, developers, government, investors, media, startups, and tech companies. An invitation to register or proper credentials will be required to attend this very special one day event.

Members of the general public are invited to register for the Los Angeles Auto Show which takes place November 17-26, 2023.

I'm not sure about that. From the link Bobby posted:
I'm sure of it, because Automobility use to be free and a few of my friends would go every year. We were just discussing going this year, for $75 a person and suddenly the tickets jumped to $150.

Anyone believe that Gravity might launch with CarPlay 2.0? I feel like I’ve seen rumors from late last year into earlier this year about Apple working with Lucid on bringing this. There hasn’t been a lot of talk since they announced CarPlay 2.0 since WWDC in 2022. I just think with Gravity and potentially the opportunity of introducing UX 3.0 there’s another option as well with CarPlay 2.0.

I’m sure it’s just wishful thinking on my part.

Anyone believe that Gravity might launch with CarPlay 2.0? I feel like I’ve seen rumors from late last year into earlier this year about Apple working with Lucid on bringing this. There hasn’t been a lot of talk since they announced CarPlay 2.0 since WWDC in 2022. I just think with Gravity and potentially the opportunity of introducing UX 3.0 there’s another option as well with CarPlay 2.0.

Yes, yes, yes. I am 99% convinced that CarPlay 2.0 will feature in Gravity reveal on November 16th. We’ve all heard Peter say that he wants to outsource the Software/UI to an already established company. This recent article indicates that CarPlay 2.0 will be revealed in November. I don’t think that this is a coincidence. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...The iPhone 15 is now,track for a 2023 release.

I have no doubt in my mind Lucid will eventually incorporate CarPlay 2.

The problem of showing off CarPlay 2 with Gravity is that Gravity won’t actually ship for another year. Why push to finish up a difficult integration when it won’t even make it into customer hands for that long? And why would Apple consider that a good marketing opportunity?

Announcing they plan to support CarPlay 2? Maybe? There has been no official word on that. Otherwise, the only way to claim they were first to market with CarPlay 2 would be to ship it on the existing Air.

Yes, along with ux 3. I feel they have been hinting it for a long time…

...We’ve all heard Peter say that he wants to outsource the Software/UI to an already established company. ...
I pay a lot of attention, and have not heard that. Seems extremely unlikely. Can you cite a source?

Back