• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gravity Launch

Your opinion of course.

The Rivian SUV looks amazing?
From a mile away, maybe.
It's not as hideous as, let's say, a Pontiac Aztek, or Glenfrome Facet (#1 by far), but amazing? It is not.
My opinion of course.

Sorry @Tesla2.0 , I know you like yours.

šŸ˜Š You are not offending me. I didnā€™t like at either at beginning. It later threw on me as acquired taste.

ED68850B-4B7B-4656-846D-7E67A0B6595A.jpeg

848AA63D-ACD3-42DD-8888-C6B8DEF20545.jpeg

A493ED88-2BBC-4AFD-99C9-72B2251F3516.jpeg

I have to second Tesla2.0ā€™s assessment. Weā€™ve had our AGT for nearly a year and a LE R1S since late Sprint. The Rivian is my daily driver and I love it. Its looks are distinctive, while still retaining some traditional aspects. The UX is very stable and well-sorted. And it does a straight line sprint to 60 just a heartbeat slower than the Lucid. But at its core, itā€™s still a truck. And Iā€™m fine with that. Manly vehicle <Tim Allen growlā€¦>!

Having said that, I also love driving the Lucid whenever I can. Best driving car Iā€™ve ever owned. Fast, stable and very fun! Amazing how it glides through turns. Nearly a year later, I still love the looks we get while driving. I have yet to see another one locally. UX 2.0 is leaps and bounds better than 1.0, but still a bit too glitchy for my complete satisfaction. CarPlay loads sometimes, canā€™t split functions between screens, needs restarts regularly. Keep those OTAs comingā€¦youā€™ll get there.

The pics of Gravity Iā€™ve seen are a bit too soccerMomvanish for me, but heyā€¦thereā€™s a market for that. Price them right and get that stock back in the green!

If it wasn't for those hideous headlights, I would have considered making a reservation.
Hahaha those are literally one of my favorite features on the exterior of the car. Just goes to show thereā€™s no accounting for preference šŸ˜‚

Hahaha those are literally one of my favorite features on the exterior of the car. Just goes to show thereā€™s no accounting for preference šŸ˜‚
I love them, makes the car more emotional like a NA miata!

šŸ˜‚ You try to get me in trouble! šŸ‘æ šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t want to bash Lucid Air. It is a fine specimen of hardware engineering marvel. However, as modern days things going into digital tech such PC, smart phone and internet, the Graphical User Interface (GUI) is also commonly tech part of luxury. Lucid is indeed still working in progress. Not to take away the milestones they did in the last 20 months of all the bugs fixes and features they ardently pushed out. The GUI aspect is still a bit behind in Rivian and Iā€™m sure will get caught up eventually.

But what I also do agree with @Drendino is on the business execution of Lucid management. Because of Lucid prematurely pushed out a product that had unstable software with many OTA update patches, it cascaded to marketing strategy deterioration and customer care team overwhelmed with bugs issues. Organization like Edmunds forked out $140k + tax thought that price tag should deserve better experience and thus gave bad publicity review. There are many early adopter owners also not as patient or forgiving as I am also shared same sentiment as Edmunds. I donā€™t blame them because those guys are the standard demographic of buying German highend luxury of ā€˜that just work!ā€™

Lucid UX2.0 has done justice to rectify the overwhelming noises of complaints, but stigma is already created. Todayā€™s Lucid GUI is much better than 2020 Dec GUI and will only get better from here. So whoever bought Pure trim actually are blessed donā€™t have to experience what early DE and GT owners went through.
Iā€™m sorry that I lit the match and ran! šŸ”„šŸ˜‚

While I am seriously considering buying an R1S, the drive train, traction inverter and battery technology is old. The 400 volt technology renders the R1S to permanatly slower charging and reduced drive train efficiency. No LiDAR will limit that capability for level 3 ADAS. OTAs will not fix the lack of ADAS and drive train tech. Your comments on software are spot on, but with OTAs for both, the differences are only true for this moment in time.
I have to admit, Lucidā€™s implementation of Lidar and the potential for L3 driving was a big reason why I purchased my GT. I actually talked my dad into buying one as well, using the argument that eventual L3 driving will keep him on the road longer. I hope Iā€™m wrong, but I donā€™t think that my car is ever going to see L3 and Iā€™ll be happy just to get a solid L2. Lots of other good reasons to own a Lucid, Iā€™m just not sure that assisted or self driving are any of the reasons and I wouldnā€™t bet on it with the Gravity either.

Iā€™m sure the Gravity will have better battery efficiency (I can hear Peter talk about it in my head already), but we have solar and Powerwalls and charge at home, so it didnā€™t factor as high. What has surprised me is that the 340 miles of range is real under normal driving conditions, so it will be our road tripping car once it is on the Supercharger Network. My goal is to not visit another EA if I can avoid it.

I can definitely see how this will have ample legroom in the back from that angle. The shape of it is definitely a minivan style so it may very well have the best 3rd row legroom of any EV so far out there.
It was stated to have the best third row legroom EVER(yes, including the suburban and stuff). If lucid pulls this off it will be a miracle.

Earlier I analyzed the headrest positions and found that 2nd row will be lwb range rover and therefore third row should have 39-40 inches of legroom.

It was stated to have the best third row legroom EVER(yes, including the suburban and stuff). If lucid pulls this off it will be a miracle.

Earlier I analyzed the headrest positions and found that 2nd row will be lwb range rover and therefore third row should have 39-40 inches of legroom.
I have high hopes.

I'm very excited to see it, suv or van, it looks like a hybrid and I can't wait to see the storage and space inside!

Back