• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gravity Launch

Does anyone know whether Gravity prototypes will be on display in Design Studios at (or soon after) the reveal in November?

Does anyone know whether Gravity prototypes will be on display in Design Studios at (or soon after) the reveal in November?
Lucid air prototypes, to my knowledge, were even though production was limited. However, lucid stated that gravity production would be in 2024.

Maybe they were only talking about production models and not prototypes?

What's with those hood gaps on both cars? I've noticed them on other shots of Gravity prototypes, too.
They really are terrible. It seems lucid is testing a new type of frunk, with one section flipping down and the other flipping up.

What I dont understand is, are you even allowed to put lights on a movable piece of body work? I know that for the rear you cant(lucid put lights when the trunk is open), but what about the frunk? Other users have hypothesized other ways that the frunk works, neverthless it seems lucid is trying to do something new with the frunk. This most likely explains the terrible gaps.

Why is this panel raised? In previous pictures, it wasnt.. that must prove it is movable!

But why does it flip UP instead of down? I wonder what function that would have…

Obviously to make the car cheaper too, they can't have redundant things like rear brake lights. Just adds to the cost and complexity.

They need to figure a better way for future models for clamshell trunk I think

At least suv may be easier.

Lucid air prototypes, to my knowledge, were even though production was limited. However, lucid stated that gravity production would be in 2024.

Maybe they were only talking about production models and not prototypes?

I'm sure Lucid will be building quite a few pre-production Gravities, just as they did with the Air. The Airs that were in the Design Studios well ahead of production were from those builds and were a mishmash of features that didn't always comport with eventual production trims. For instance, at the West Palm Beach studio we saw a Eureka Gold Air with Santo Monica interior (both unique to the Dream Edition) but with a small battery pack -- a configuration that never made it to market.

I'm hoping Lucid will put some of those pre-production Gravity units in the showrooms at the outset of reservations.

My DA just sent me a photo of my Air being prepped for delivery in a couple of days, and parked right behind my car is a fully-built, uncamoflaged Gravity. Can't be too much longer now.

Sorry all - I messaged my DA and they clarified it was just an Air. The rear looked flat with an elongated roofline, but it was an optical illusion based on the way the photo was taken. I tried to delete my post but I guess that option is restricted after a period of time has elapsed.

Sorry all - I messaged my DA and they clarified it was just an Air. The rear looked flat with an elongated roofline, but it was an optical illusion based on the way the photo was taken. I tried to delete my post but I guess that option is restricted after a period of time has elapsed.
With that post of yours, you are officially sentenced, by the highest court (me) to a fine of a 6-pack of e-beer for a every member you teased so harshly :)

With that post of yours, you are officially sentenced, by the highest court (me) to a fine of a 6-pack of e-beer for a every member you teased so harshly :)
Except for me. That might get you and me in some trouble..

Post it anyways!

Yes, please post the picture anyway.

Back