• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gravity Launch

I pay a lot of attention, and have not heard that. Seems extremely unlikely. Can you cite a source?
I was not able to find the interview. However, I recall that when asked about software issues, before UX 2.0, part of his answer included Lucid's openness to partner with a "big" Silicon Valley company.

I pay a lot of attention, and have not heard that. Seems extremely unlikely. Can you cite a source?
I agree, I see absolutely no evidence that 3.0 is even in development, let alone ready for release. There was a lot of chatter from Lucid months before 2.0 was released.

I agree, I see absolutely no evidence that 3.0 is even in development, let alone ready for release. There was a lot of chatter from Lucid months before 2.0 was released.
In the gravity page of Lucid, it states that the gravity will have the 2nd gen glass cockpit and the next generation of lucid UX.

I was not able to find the interview. However, I recall that when asked about software issues, before UX 2.0, part of his answer included Lucid's openness to partner with a "big" Silicon Valley company.
Recent interview with Mike Bell, who is overseeing all of Lucid's software, suggests they are very proud of doing pretty much everything they can in house.

But he does get into the current integration of CarPlay and how much that work involved partnering with Apple.

Also, in that interview, which was a few weeks ago, he suggests something "big" is coming in "not many weeks."

Take that with a grain of salt. He could have been hinting at a preview of the 3.0 UX with the Gravity announcement. But something tells me he was talking about an Air update. Perhaps with new ADAS updates, since Dream Drive Pro is the most clearly behind bit of the software offering at the moment.

Also, in that interview, which was a few weeks ago, he suggests something "big" is coming in "not many weeks."

Take that with a grain of salt. He could have been hinting at a preview of the 3.0 UX with the Gravity announcement. But something tells me he was talking about an Air update. Perhaps with new ADAS updates, since Dream Drive Pro is the most clearly behind bit of the software offering at the moment.
Don't forget, it is highly likely they will have the same software, like ios/ipados rather than ios/macos. If something comes to the air, I expect it to come to the gravity, and vice versa unless it involves features the gravity physically has and the air doesn't.

Oh, I took that as the Gravity launch being something big, but see that “big” could refer to several different things. Ok, I’m choosing to get my hopes up for 3.0 or something 3.0ish. 😂

Don't forget, it is highly likely they will have the same software, like ios/ipados rather than ios/macos. If something comes to the air, I expect it to come to the gravity, and vice versa unless it involves features the gravity physically has and the air doesn't.
Unless CPU limitations in the Air, relative to the Gravity, prevent certain software features present in the Gravity from being implemented in the Air. I’d be surprised if the Gravity doesn’t have more advanced CPUs.

I really want a stealth Gravity. My fear is they will only offer the stealth package later and I'll need to delay my initial order until it becomes available.

I really want a stealth Gravity. My fear is they will only offer the stealth package later and I'll need to delay my initial order until it becomes available.
No problema, just have it wrapped exactly how you want it.

No problema, just have it wrapped exactly how you want it.

I don’t think wrapped trim would look as good as the stealth trim on our Air. Plus wrapped trim doesn’t hold up that well in my experience. We had the chrome trimmed blacked out on our Model X and it had a bunch of small nicks and damage after three years.

Unless CPU limitations in the Air, relative to the Gravity, prevent certain software features present in the Gravity from being implemented in the Air. I’d be surprised if the Gravity doesn’t have more advanced CPUs.
The Sapphire already has upgraded CPUs. I would be very surprised if they do not offer a retrofit/upgrade for the Air at some point in the next year, for purchase.

The Sapphire already has upgraded CPUs. I would be very surprised if they do not offer a retrofit/upgrade for the Air at some point in the next year, for purchase.
That would be nice, but if the history of other car manufacturers is any indicator, I’m not sure we’ll see this. The upgrade in features is sometimes more than just the result of a newer CPU. There is a discussion going on right now regarding the BMW i4 and the newer i4s with new head units with enhanced capabilities (minor as they may be). The consensus is it’s unlikely BMW will offer a paid retrofit for a new head unit.

So I’d imagine we’d have to see what features/software have been upgraded by Lucid and whether those new features were the result of a simple CPU change or something more than that.

I really hope they start accepting trade-ins when the Gravity launches. I pay 9% sales tax and get to offset the trade-in value. So even if they low ball for our Mercedes EQS, I would still need to get more than 10% more on the open market to make it a better deal financially, but I would need to deal with all of the selling shenanigans.

To become a mainstream automaker, they need a trade-in process.

Back