• Lucid Owners Notice: Text messaging to Customer Care unavailable for two weeks starting the week of July 8th. Click Here for further details.

Grand Touring vs Touring Features

Thank you everyone. It's a DE-R #489. I still am ready to buy either. The DE is significantly further away geographically, whereas the GT is an easy 4-5 hour drive/easy train ride away (if I don't want to subject my wife and daughter to the schlep). I'll update with which one ends up happening. Thank you again!
A DE-R is much rarer than a DE-P, and @borski is wrong, I care about the acceleration, but I don't know if it's worth $20k now =P

For those that are surprised about decontenting a GT beyond power/range, DD Pro, and surreal sound, you didn't really think those items amounted to $44k did you? I always assumed the T would have items missing that Lucid hadn't detailed. I've questioned this in a couple of older posts because Lucid wasn't releasing any information regarding what came standard on the T. This thread is the first to have a "official" list. Probably a few other items will come out later.
The failure to communicate decontenting is the reason I ended up cancelling my reservation for a RWD Pure and getting the Genesis GV60 Performance instead. First, Lucid reported that it was soon announcing the features and ordering information on the Pure. I thought, finally, after all these years I would find out what my Pure would be like and have. Instead, all that was announced was the AWD version. I waited a few months and still no information on what would be removed from the RWD Pure, what its power would be, etc. So I gave up.

Lucid must know that there are many, like me, who have had communications issues with it. I am guessing that the company has made a decision that it is better off ticking off some potential Pure buyers to get higher end models purchased in the early years. If that is what has been happening, I understand although it means that I and perhaps others, am not currently driving a Lucid.

A DE-R is much rarer than a DE-P, and @borski is wrong, I care about the acceleration, but I don't know if it's worth $20k now =P
It is much rarer, but also much less of a difference in terms of driving quality when compared to a GT than when comparing the GT against a DE-P. If it were me, I would go for the GT. The extra range and minimal horsepower bump is not worth $20k imho.

@hydbob noted, re: the acceleration. I don't know if I'd make the same choice if I hadn't had my DE-P or test driven one. Because I have it, though, you couldn't pry it from me. If all I'd ever had was a GT, I might also say $20k is too much.

But yeah, in this case, I'd get the GT.

The failure to communicate decontenting is the reason I ended up cancelling my reservation for a RWD Pure and getting the Genesis GV60 Performance instead. First, Lucid reported that it was soon announcing the features and ordering information on the Pure. I thought, finally, after all these years I would find out what my Pure would be like and have. Instead, all that was announced was the AWD version. I waited a few months and still no information on what would be removed from the RWD Pure, what its power would be, etc. So I gave up.

Lucid must know that there are many, like me, who have had communications issues with it. I am guessing that the company has made a decision that it is better off ticking off some potential Pure buyers to get higher end models purchased in the early years. If that is what has been happening, I understand although it means that I and perhaps others, am not currently driving a Lucid.
It’s a terrific car, best I ever owned! Never too late to switch. I get giddy driving my Touring, even now after 18 months. This reviewer sums it up perfectly….

At 1.28- “ one heck of car this is. ‘

Back