Grand Touring vs Touring Features

This is true - I've asked a few times over the months about what comes standard on the T and they didn't know yet. I asked last month about the sound system config and they didn't know. They just found out last month about the cooling ventilated seats on T. They knew pretty early that massaging seats weren't on T and P and seats would have heat but they didn't know about cooling. You got a lot of info that hadn't been available before. Thanks for posting it.
I went spoke to the salesperson less than a week ago for the first time. Had it been months ago I would be less upset.

The 19.2kW charging is for Level 2 charging (240V@80A AC). It's not the same as the Level 3 CCS1 DC charging, which is 900V.
Yes it is fast charging and the quote comes from Tom Moloughney from Nov 2020. It may be possible to achieve 300+ kW charging at 700 V but I am skeptical.

"Additionally, Lucid is including the same ultra-high-speed charging on the Lucid Air Pure as is included on the top trim Dream Edition. We like that they are making all versions of the Air charge at the same 300+ kW so the least expensive version still accepts the same amount of power as the most expensive Air does."

Full article here: https://insideevs.com/news/456415/lucid-air-pure-base-model/

Yes it is fast charging and the quote comes from Tom Moloughney from Nov 2020. It may be possible to achieve 300+ kW charging at 700 V but I am skeptical.

"Additionally, Lucid is including the same ultra-high-speed charging on the Lucid Air Pure as is included on the top trim Dream Edition. We like that they are making all versions of the Air charge at the same 300+ kW so the least expensive version still accepts the same amount of power as the most expensive Air does."

Full article here: https://insideevs.com/news/456415/lucid-air-pure-base-model/
I wonder how valid this article still is since it's from 2020.

I wonder how valid this article still is since it's from 2020.
The architecture for the all 4 trims has been baked in from before this article. The date of the information does not concern me. It is really a question of the accuracy of the information and how well either Tom Moloughney or the sales advisors are connected to the engineering team. Tom does have contacts in the engineering team but likley those have improved recently with charging demo and 70 mph range test. Tom has not commented on the Touring or Pure trims lately. I do not know how good Tom's orginal information was. On the other hand, I have been told some grossly inaccurate information from the sales advisors. Many on this forum have reported the same. I expect as better information is distributed from enginering and the sales advisors gain experience, their accuracy will improve. Especially regarding Touring and Pure trims. Your 700 V architecture information is recent so that is an advantage. It also comes from a source with a mixed track record.

I'm trying to rationalize the additional $45,000 but I just don't see the massage feature and DreamDrive Pro being $45k.
Agree. The only way to rationalize it is the range. Even if you added drive drive pro, the sound system, the glass roof, the larger wheels, and the paint, you would still be at least $25k below the GT.

The only way to rationalize it is the range.

There is also a power reduction between the Touring and the Grand Touring due to the smaller battery pack's current output being lower. The advertised power difference is 620 hp vs 800 hp. However, remember that, at least for the Grand Touring, the 800 hp only comes when the car is set in Sprint mode, which reduces the range. (Smooth mode is the setting that produces the longest range.) Power in the Smooth and Swift modes is 670 hp and, if this tracks the Dream Edition approach, torque is also reduced in the Smooth mode below that of the Swift mode. Thus, the Grand Touring has two power output levels and three torque output levels.

If this approach holds with the Touring, to get maximum range you're probably going to get considerably less than the 620 advertised horsepower. It'll still be plenty fast, but there will be a noticeable difference between it and the Grand Touring in terms of accelerative punch.

There is also a power reduction between the Touring and the Grand Touring due to the smaller battery pack's current output being lower. The advertised power difference is 620 hp vs 800 hp. However, remember that, at least for the Grand Touring, the 800 hp only comes when the car is set in Sprint mode, which reduces the range. (Smooth mode is the setting that produces the longest range.) Power in the Smooth and Swift modes is 670 hp and, if this tracks the Dream Edition approach, torque is also reduced in the Smooth mode below that of the Swift mode. Thus, the Grand Touring has two power output levels and three torque output levels.

If this approach holds with the Touring, to get maximum range you're probably going to get considerably less than the 620 advertised horsepower. It'll still be plenty fast, but there will be a noticeable difference between it and the Grand Touring in terms of accelerative punch.
Agreed. I think most of the price difference will come due to the different experiences between the two in range and power. Neither one of them may be significant enough to justify the expense for some, but certainly for some it will. Overall though, it's in Lucid's best interests to have lots of people very satisfied with cars at the lower level as opposed to thinking the higher trim is too expensive, but choosing a different car bc the lower trim is not particularly exceptional.

Overall though, it's in Lucid's best interests to have lots of people very satisfied with cars at the lower level as opposed to thinking the higher trim is too expensive, but choosing a different car bc the lower trim is not particularly exceptional.

I think that's right. However, I would argue that the lower trim is still pretty exceptional. With the smaller battery pack you'll get easily the roomiest rear seating in the EV world. You'll get a very well-thought-out array of screens. You'll get some manual controls that are a welcome relief from the everything-on-the-screen approach that other EV manufacturers are taking. You'll get world-class handling for a sedan. You'll get a rock solid chassis and body.

Updated original post with new pricing figures I received
Been waiting to see options pricing on the T. Thanks!

So the differences between a fully specced Touring vs Grand Touring are:
  • Bigger battery with higher charging voltage (as there are more cells)
  • More power to wheels
  • Better leather, and leather in more places
  • Massage seats
As the GT is presumably a heavier car with the extra battery cells, I wonder if it has a different suspension setup or bigger brakes?

• More power to wheels
  • Massage seats
As the GT is presumably a heavier car with the extra battery cells, I wonder if it has a different suspension setup or bigger brakes?

And a sooner production date. Is that worth $26,100 to you?

And a sooner production date. Is that worth $26,100 to you?
To me, absolutely not. I can certainly see how it would be to some though.

You could argue that the differences between a Mercedes E53 and E63 are in the same order of magnitude in price and HP, even with similar options lists. So I can see why Lucid has designed their pricing this way.

• More power to wheels
  • Massage seats
and the extra 110miles, no?

I had a discussion with someone these forums about features and came to a conclusion that during my "sales pitch" I was told about the fact the trim I had chosen at the beginning would not have these features. I reached out to my SA and got a full list of features available on Grand Touring that will not be available or will cost an added feature for Touring and Pure trims:
  • Massage seats only available on Grand Touring and above
  • Cooling seats only available on Touring trims and above
  • The 21 speaker Dolby Atmos stereo (Touring comes standard with a 12-speaker stereo)
  • Leather dashboard trim
  • Glass Canopy (it is an add-on option for the touring)
  • 900 volt charging system (vs a 700 volt in the Touring)
  • Grand Touring has additional horsepower and range
  • Grand Touring comes standard with Dream Drive Pro where Touring has Dream Drive and you would need to pay for Dream Drive Pro
  • Wheel options. The Touring comes standard with 20-inch wheels and the Grand Touring comes standard with 21-inch wheels
  • Paint selection. The touring comes standard with Stellar White or Infinite Black. If you want Cosmos Silver, Zenith red or Quantum Grey that will be $800 additional. The Grand Touring comes with any of those paint options included.
Interesting he included the price, something I hadn't seen yet.

Additional pricing I received:
  • Cost for Dream Drive Pro option will be $9,000 for the touring. This is included on the Grand Touring.
  • Cost for Glass canopy option on the touring will be $4,000
  • Cost for the surreal Sound System option will be $2,900
  • Cost for 19” Aero Range wheels w/ all season will be included in the cost of the Touring and Grand Touring. The 21” Aero Blade wheel with summer tires will be $1,500.
Did you get the price of a motor, which is an option on the Pure? I might be interested to get the Pure with all of its possible options.

Did you get the price of a motor, which is an option on the Pure? I might be interested to get the Pure with all of its possible options.
I did not since I have a Touring reservation which comes standard with the dual, you should be able to ask your DA about it. Mine was very upfront about the costs.

Looks like Lucid has updated their online configurator with the same pricing as in this thread.

Looks like Lucid has updated their online configurator with the same pricing as in this thread.
For the Touring. On the Pure, the options just say that with no pricing.

The configurator is not listing a dual motor as an option on the Pure so my guess is if you want that, you mist upgrade to the Touring

Back