Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“You have to take the comparison to when both companies started producing cars and Rivian is off to a better start than Lucid there is no denying that. There was always going to be a 12+ month delay on the Rivian if you weren't an early reservation holder because they had 100K+ orders on a factory that could only output 50K a year. The delay is now longer because they cut the guidance by half so only 25K are coming out this year pushing everyone else down the line. Lucid never had reservations exceed the factory capacity of 34K so they were in a much better position to ramp up production and get ahead of the curve. Yet, Rivian is currently churning our cars faster than Lucid.”

I understand that Rivian is ramping faster. They are building cars half the price of Lucid, but that’s not the point. The point is that the very first ever GT orders are months behind, not years like Rivian. Lucid’s communication needs a lot of improvement, but if you have a confirmed order you can actually reach a DA. Pre-IPO Rivian made delivery promises that they knew they would never meet. In my opinion it was fraud to boost the IPO, of which I am still a holder due to my early order. I still have never spoken with a Rivian DA, although they were supposed to call by Thanksgiving of 2021 with a revised delivery window.

If my 2-4 window goes to 7, I’ll count myself lucky. We live in a world where we accept supply chain issues for everything from baby food to emergency medical supplies. I’m ok that a luxury car may take a few more months for delivery.

Don't forget about the delay from Spring of 2021 to "second half of 2021" to "get the car right" delay. When I ordered in January 2021, I expected my GT in Spring of 2021 only to have a delay announced in February. There were many others who ordered before I did that expected the same thing. So, from my original expectation, it has been over a year. I really don't care about Rivian. I am not getting my delivery estimation from Rivian. Actually, right now I have no delivery estimate or expectation from Lucid.

Last edited:
I think we might need a Rivian thread.....or maybe there already is one, don't know.

Mine arrived. JK. Today is the last day of the second multi-week window that my DA gave me for receiving a VIN. Although the day is not over, it would be nice to hear from my DA that the second window he gave me will not be met and to reset my expectations. However, I assume, like last time, that I will not hear from him, and instead will have to reach out to him myself. Even if Lucid does not have a decent CRM system to help their DAs keep track of their commitments, it seems like they could train them how to use some other other tickler system to do so.

Attachments

• Lucid Hot Wheels.jpg
    Lucid Hot Wheels.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 110
Mine arrived. JK. Today is the last day of the second multi-week window that my DA gave me for receiving a VIN. Although the day is not over, it would be nice to hear from my DA that the second window he gave me will not be met and to reset my expectations. However, I assume, like last time, that I will not hear from him, and instead will have to reach out to him myself. Even if Lucid does not have a decent CRM system to help their DAs keep track of their commitments, it seems like they could train them how to use some other other tickler system to do so.
This is their system...

post-it-notes-on-cubical.jpg

Yep, you see those little blue post-its in the sea of orange on the top row? Those have my name and @Sandvinsd 's name on them. I told you we were on a list someplace.;)

I wonder whose name is on that blue one under the shelf????

Went into the Millbrae sales center today. They must have had 30 cars waiting on pick up or going through final inspection. Saw my first 2 Grey’s that were getting ready for detailing. Color is exactly what i expected. They look amazing. It will be worth the wait for all us Grey orders. They mentioned they had not received any new deliveries from the factory this week. But were expecting that to change next week - we will see…

Saw my first 2 Grey’s that were getting ready for detailing. Color is exactly what i expected. They look amazing. It will be worth the wait for all us Grey orders.
So exciting!
They mentioned they had not received any new deliveries from the factory this week. But were expecting that to change next week - we will see…
Oh boy....

I received my VIN for a white / santa cruiz GT 2 weeks ago ( 5/4 ) and was told by my DA today that my car still hasn't left the factory. He also said that once it does and is at the service location it will be placed in queue for QC. It could take another 2 - 4 weeks from this point. My only issue is I locked in a good rate with my lender and don't want to apply again at a higher rate. Should I see if I could fund the car prior to delivery?

I received my VIN for a white / santa cruiz GT 2 weeks ago ( 5/4 ) and was told by my DA today that my car still hasn't left the factory. He also said that once it does and is at the service location it will be placed in queue for QC. It could take another 2 - 4 weeks from this point. My only issue is I locked in a good rate with my lender and don't want to apply again at a higher rate. Should I see if I could fund the car prior to delivery?
Good luck. I’m sure they will take your money. Don’t know if I would pay early, as who knows when you would get the car. You may make payments for months Before the car arrives. My VIN was assigned on 4/26 and is also still at the factory. My 30 day lock on the loan expires next week. Interest rates have increased since then. Unfortunately, since they have delayed so long, I am not going to be able to take delivery until Q3 at the earliest. Frustrated with the lack of communication In all of this.

Good luck. I’m sure they will take your money. Don’t know if I would pay early, as who knows when you would get the car. You may make payments for months Before the car arrives. My VIN was assigned on 4/26 and is also still at the factory. My 30 day lock on the loan expires next week. Interest rates have increased since then. Unfortunately, since they have delayed so long, I am not going to be able to take delivery until Q3 at the earliest. Frustrated with the lack of communication In all of this.
I agree! However, I feel the supply chain issues has caused major problems with Lucid delivery commitments. I've owned both the 90D model X from 2015 and a performance Model 3 2019. I do feel they are trying their best and have us customers in mind. I'm willing to pay as long as I can lock in the purchase at my 2.7% rate.

I agree! However, I feel the supply chain issues has caused major problems with Lucid delivery commitments. I've owned both the 90D model X from 2015 and a performance Model 3 2019. I do feel they are trying their best and have us customers in mind. I'm willing to pay as long as I can lock in the purchase at my 2.7% rate.
BOFA is way higher then - https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/ I went to them because they were who I used to purchase my Model X back in 2015

Currently it appears to be quality issues rather than supply chain.

I agree, these delays are all about quality/assembly and the changes to the inspection processes that resulted from those deficiencies. Customer frustration is compounded because of the lack of communication, clarity and transparency. Many of us with late April or May VINs have absolutely no clue when we might receive our cars and many of us have grey cars that they had just begun starting to produce. I was told 2-6 weeks after VIN. My car is still in production and will need to be shipped cross country to Riviera Beach to get in line for PDI and then be transported 600+ miles to Charlotte. I now see above that PDI is 2-4 weeks, minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back