Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for a bit of advice from the group. I'm very strongly leaning 'no', but I'll be driving to LA on Friday and wondering if a trip roughly a day after getting the car is a wise decision. If it were literally anywhere else, I might go for it. But since this is my first EV and trying to understand the vehicle, make sure I know where and how to charge, and navigating LA traffic, it's probably too much. But I figured I'd ask :).
Before picking up my car I would have been worried about leaving on trip so soon. In hindsight, you will be fine taking it. It will take 30 to 45 minutes of driving to become comfortable enough to take it on a trip. You will still be learning but having fun driving to LA at the same time. I would suggest asking the service center not to charge it and finding an EA station on Thursday before your trip to make sure that there are no fast charging issues. If someone is going with you, both of you should drive it before leaving. Then on Thursday night, top the battery to 100% and you are ready to enjoy on Friday. Go have fun.

The trend in the industry has been to average the delivery expense mark it up and share it. Theory being, it’s not right to penalize people who don’t live near the factory

Before picking up my car I would have been worried about leaving on trip so soon. In hindsight, you will be fine taking it. It will take 30 to 45 minutes of driving to become comfortable enough to take it on a trip. You will still be learning but having fun driving to LA at the same time. I would suggest asking the service center not to charge it and finding an EA station on Thursday before your trip to make sure that there are no fast charging issues. If someone is going with you, both of you should drive it before leaving. Then on Thursday night, top the battery to 100% and you are ready to enjoy on Friday. Go have fun.
Since I'll be picking up Wednesday instead of Thursday as I was originally thinking, I'll have Thurs to make the call. Looks like just over 400 miles so I'm definitely going to have to stop, but I think there's a station at the CA border. Good advice on testing out EA ahead of time. Hotel has 3 J1772 chargers. That's what I'm looking for, right m

Since I'll be picking up Wednesday instead of Thursday as I was originally thinking, I'll have Thurs to make the call. Looks like just over 400 miles so I'm definitely going to have to stop, but I think there's a station at the CA border. Good advice on testing out EA ahead of time. Hotel has 3 J1772 chargers. That's what I'm looking for, right m
Driving out, I'd say skip quartzite and either charge in Redlands or indio. I tend to stop by quartzite and if it's open I stop if not I leave. Good thing is with so much range it's not an issue.

Driving out, I'd say skip quartzite and either charge in Redlands or indio. I tend to stop by quartzite and if it's open I stop if not I leave. Good thing is with so much range it's not an issue.
Was just going to ask you about less busy spots. Thanks.

Was just going to ask you about less busy spots. Thanks.
Yea the alternative is to charge a little at Buckeye then just find something past indio, maybe Cabazon, depends on when you are driving through an area. On my last drive out, I made it from Pasadena to Buckeye, ended up at 3% SOC!

Yea the alternative is to charge a little at Buckeye then just find something past indio, maybe Cabazon, depends on when you are driving through an area. On my last drive out, I made it from Pasadena to Buckeye, ended up at 3% SOC!
I would not have the confidence to take it all the way to 3% SOC. I don't think there would be any problem going to Cabazon before charging.

All but three cars remain in the top sections of the lot.

MARCH 28TH 2022:

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.50.41 PM.png

MARCH 30TH 2022:

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.51.40 PM.png

TODAY, APRIL 2ND 2022:
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.49.28 PM.png

HARD TO SEE: The top section is fenced off from the bottom section:
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.54.16 PM.png

I've been following for awhile but finally placed my reservation and was able to test drive a GT yesterday. A GT would be a bit of a stretch for me but I am going to place an order on a touring as soon as I can get one. Still not sure what combo I want so I ran some totals on the orders in the GT user tracker. I was originally leaning towards a black tahoe but now can't decide between black, grey or red.

Gray31
Red47
Silver5
White11
Black16

Mojave36
Santa Cruz40
Tahoe34

GrayMojave12
GraySanta Cruz11
GrayTahoe8
RedMojave14
RedSanta Cruz15
RedTahoe18
SilverTahoe1
WhiteSanta Cruz6
WhiteTahoe2
BlackSanta Cruz6
SilverSanta Cruz2
BlackTahoe5
BlackMojave5
WhiteMojave3
SilverMojave2

To each their own. The Santa Monica interior was the sole reason I did not order a DE. Nothing against it for others, it just wasn’t for me. I have never owned a light interior.

Still not sure what combo I want so I ran some totals on the orders in the GT user tracker.
Damn - wish I hadn't seen this. I feel so common now going with the most ordered ext/int combo. Thought I was being bold going with red 😆 (OK, it's still bold for me).

Damn - wish I hadn't seen this. I feel so common now going with the most ordered ext/int combo. Thought I was being bold going with red 😆 (OK, it's still bold for me).
Lol! I think my wife has talked me into red now too.

To each their own. The Santa Monica interior was the sole reason I did not order a DE. Nothing against it for others, it just wasn’t for me. I have never owned a light interior.
I was on the waiting list for a DE but I had the same reservations. They should have had a signature interior AS WELL AS some of the other choices, much like the Eureka gold for the exterior.

Last edited:
I was on the waiting list for a DE but I had the same reservations. They should have had signature interior AS WELL AS some of the other choices, much like the Eureka gold for the exterior.
I also decided against the Dream and went for the Grand Touring because I was afraid of the light interior(keeping it clean) and I definitely preferred the GT wheels over the Dream wheels.

Wow, glad to see I wasn’t the only one who did not want that interior. As for VIN’s this week, I have learned not to be overly optimistic. They have managed to lower my expectations so much so that any progress on getting a car is more than I expect. I can hope though. Here’s to breaking the “grey delay”.

C3E704A9-324A-4903-B180-18839ECBA95A.jpeg

Just checked the configure tool today and it shows Q3 for Cosmos Silver. Not sure how long it has been showing that? Bummer for all the silver out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back