Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not go for the 21's, buy the 20's when they arrive, then sell your others to another owner. Would speed up your delivery and I'm sure you could cover most of the 20's cost if the 21's are in good condition.
I’m asking for a separate price on the 20”’s, along with the primary question of whether the new Perelli 20” All season EV tires would fit on them.

I’m asking for a separate price on the 20”’s, along with the primary question of whether the new Perelli 20” All season EV tires would fit on them.
So far I've not gotten a price on the 20's for the accessories price tracker, but the 19's are quoted at $4100 and the 21's at $5500. I'd guess the 20" wheel+tire combo will be ~$4800.

Why not go for the 21's, buy the 20's when they arrive, then sell your others to another owner. Would speed up your delivery and I'm sure you could cover most of the 20's cost if the 21's are in good condition.

So far I've not gotten a price on the 20's for the accessories price tracker, but the 19's are quoted at $4100 and the 21's at $5500. I'd guess the 20" wheel+tire combo will be ~$4800.
That’s helpful. Thanks.

That's actually reasonable. I think the Dream 21" + tires got quoted around $9k for @Alex

I just received a phone call from my DA, who unfortunately notified me that production of my AGT (Cosmos Silver, Mojave, 19” wheels, order confirmed 14 Dec 2021, please add to your tracker if you like) would be delayed to the July timeframe. The reason he gave is that the factory is having difficulty with achieving the right paint mix to achieve the desired quality for Cosmos Silver. He also indicated that if I wanted to change the exterior color to any of the other choices, production would occur in late April or early May. I went ahead and opted for Quantum Grey. Glad to get a very courteous, honest and professional update like this.

He also confirmed that the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station would not be available until third quarter of this year. I had asked him earlier how soon a Charging Station spec chart would be available so my electrician can start work on installing a 100 amp line in my garage - the electrical permitting process in my part of Maryland requires such documentation- and he thought that would be ready in a few weeks.

I just received a phone call from my DA, who unfortunately notified me that production of my AGT (Cosmos Silver, Mojave, 19” wheels, order confirmed 14 Dec 2021, please add to your tracker if you like) would be delayed to the July timeframe. The reason he gave is that the factory is having difficulty with achieving the right paint mix to achieve the desired quality for Cosmos Silver. He also indicated that if I wanted to change the exterior color to any of the other choices, production would occur in late April or early May. I went ahead and opted for Quantum Grey. Glad to get a very courteous, honest and professional update like this.

He also confirmed that the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station would not be available until third quarter of this year. I had asked him earlier how soon a Charging Station spec chart would be available so my electrician can start work on installing a 100 amp line in my garage - the electrical permitting process in my part of Maryland requires such documentation- and he thought that would be ready in a few weeks.
Interesting details on the silver. Glad you got an update on your order.

I’m bummed about the charger, but my grizzl-e arrived today so it isn’t that big of a deal. The spec sheet is good news though because we can at least have our electrical ready.

I learned the same today also. Are you staying with the cosmos silver? I'm having the quandary of take a White earlier or wait for the silver (when some of the idiosyncrasies are worked out)

I learned the same today also. Are you staying with the cosmos silver? I'm having the quandary of take a White earlier or wait for the silver (when some of the idiosyncrasies are worked out)
I switched from silver to grey this evening in order to take earlier delivery. Not a really hard choice for me since I had strongly considered both colors for my original order.

Interesting details on the silver. Glad you got an update on your order.

I’m bummed about the charger, but my grizzl-e arrived today so it isn’t that big of a deal. The spec sheet is good news though because we can at least have our electrical ready.

This is depressing. Is getting a 14-50 to J-1772 cable a temporary option? I'm thinking of just having electrician install the 100A circuit and put a temporary 14-50 on it. Buy a cable to keep from plugging and unplugging the supplied Lucid one.

This is depressing. Is getting a 14-50 to J-1772 cable a temporary option? I'm thinking of just having electrician install the 100A circuit and put a temporary 14-50 on it. Buy a cable to keep from plugging and unplugging the supplied Lucid one.
wish I was in your boat, my electrician put in a 50A circuit - 2+ years ago - now I need a new truck roll to prep for the bi directional charging :(

wish I was in your boat, my electrician put in a 50A circuit - 2+ years ago - now I need a new truck roll to prep for the bi directional charging :(

I need to have a new circuit panel(s) installed and this is messing things up since I don't know how much space to leave for transfer switch. Not to mention doing it within code!

It has to go 100A breaker to transfer switch to sub panel. Our Kohler transfer switch is almost as large as the breaker panel

I never wanted the 21" since it has a lot less range. The 19" to me don't look that nice. The 20" looks great and will probably have 495-500 miles range.

A 14-50 is all you need. I have a Tesla Model X and it plugs into the 14-50 in my garage. The Lucid plugs into the same outlet and will charge faster than Tesla. I never considered the Chargijng Station. Its only needed if you really need super fast charging in your garage. Most people don't.

He also confirmed that the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station would not be available until third quarter of this year.
I added delays to the main post but I will also carry the table as posts come in with confirmed delays as well:

OptionIn Production?
Santa Cruz interior✅
Gray exterior color✅
Silver exterior colorDelayed till June/July (via two source)
20" Aero Lite WheelsDelayed till July (via one source)
Home Charging StationDelayed till Q3 (via many sources)

A 14-50 is all you need. I have a Tesla Model X and it plugs into the 14-50 in my garage. The Lucid plugs into the same outlet and will charge faster than Tesla. I never considered the Chargijng Station. Its only needed if you really need super fast charging in your garage. Most people don't.
Only reason to get the station is for the V2G capability.

Only reason to get the station is for the V2G capability.
V2G is too new. Plus Lucid's product isn't out yet, nor tested. I wouldn't consider it anyway at this point. I agree the only reason to consider the station is for V2G, not for normal car charging.

Just confirmed: Test drives for Touring models begin in April - not sure which locations yet.
They now have test drives in Tyson, VA. We plan to go next month even though we already have an order. Its a Grand Touring I'm told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back