• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures don't make it look like "arrest me red", looks much less conspicuous. I am curious if the red changes with the lighting. Some dark reds get kind of brownish in the shade, which I don't care for.
Yes. The red really changes color based on the lighting. Much more of a red in the sun, but darker and almost black looking at night.

I originally reserved the Gray but switched to Red after seeing it in person. like others said, the red is not always 'red' if that makes sense. depending on the lighting, the red is more like a black or a maroon.

Speaking as someone who drives the red, it’s absolutely stunning and I’m not exaggerating when I say that every person who has seen it has commented on it. It’s definitely not “arrest me” firetruck red, but a burgundy/wine red which borders on black in the dark.

My DA told me about 4 weeks when I spoke to him last week, but some DE people can tell you how accurate that is...
My DA told me a few weeks to complete production and pass the factory quality gate so that the car is ready to ship. Is a few weeks 2-4 weeks or 2-5 weeks or more.

I love the Red, but once it's the Tourings turn - I don't know if I'm patient enough for it.

My DA told me a few weeks to complete production and pass the factory quality gate so that the car is ready to ship. Is a few weeks 2-4 weeks or 2-5 weeks or more.

You'll be our test to figure that out

Wow, what happened to the popularity of silver cars? The silver Lucid at the Manhattan studio is gorgeous.
I hope, haven't seen one in person but ordered it based on a Rep at Millbrae who said the same.

Maybe none of the silver cars were available to view outside of the Manhattan studio, so all you are going by is pictures.

Hard to do with what I assume is some yellow lighting inside the studios making it hard to visualize the exact color.

So far I am the lone silver GT. (Reminds me of the Lone Ranger-Hi Ho Silver-for those old enough to remember)
Make that two of us. Kimosabi

I guess I missed this thread

Reserved March 2021
Confirmed Dec. 28

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
19" with plan for 21" once home.

NO PENCILS, NO VIN no emails. I emailed DA, no response.

I ordered my Black with Tan Interior Lucid Grand Touring on 8/14. I confirmed my order on 11/30. I got my pencils today (no sharpener), but no other notice.

Thanks for all the input on the red. I won't change my order until after my visit to the Tyson Studio on 2/20. If I switch from grey to red, maybe somebody will get their grey a little sooner.

Look at the shipping label on the box the pencils came in. Mine says "Lucid Air GT 156." I got the pencils a few weeks ago. Was in first batch of confirmed on 11/3.

Anyone else's label numbered?

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 123
Look at the shipping label on the box the pencils came in. Mine says "Lucid Air GT 156." I got the pencils a few weeks ago. Was in first batch of confirmed on 11/3.

Anyone else's label numbered?
Mine is not. At the spot where you have “ Lucid Air GT 156”, mine says my order number followed by my name. Have no clue what that means

I ordered my Black with Tan Interior Lucid Grand Touring on 8/14. I confirmed my order on 11/30. I got my pencils today (no sharpener), but no other notice.
Ordered and confirmed with the same timeframe. No pencils but maybe soon or maybe red is holding me back.

Ordered and confirmed with the same timeframe. No pencils but maybe soon or maybe red is holding me back.

FWIW, there seems to be no consistency in who got pencils. @Sandvinsd (Nov 30 batch) and @Easyrider949 (December batch) are both in different batches. Yours may have been delayed or just takes a little longer to arrive.

Edit: Also - welcome @Mattlca!

They should be producing them in order of reservation date (at least that is what they have indicated). However I am sure there is some color batching going on as there was for the confirmation of orders. I would expect that they would throw the 11/2 orders that have confirmed together and it sounds like they combined it with the 11/16 batch and group them by color. Any changes for someone in those groups would push that person to a later batch, but should be at the front in the next batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back