Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW i n the past, other Grand Tourings that have come and gone were never covered or ever seen in the lot. They may have, it was just never documented via Bear's Workshop. Given their earnings call in two weeks, it would make sense to squeeze out some Grand Touring deliveries to customers.
It would be suicide to deliver a Grand Touring to a customer before all the Dreams are delivered imo.

It would be suicide to deliver a Grand Touring to a customer before all the Dreams are delivered imo.

If a Grand Touring is done and the Dreams are waiting for a date to sync up to deliver, it would be stupid for them to wait in my opinion. Especially with an impending earnings call that will undoubtedly deliver under expectations/goals.

If a lot of them are bound for Saudi Arabia (hadn't really thought about that until someone mentioned it), then yes, I think they could deliver GTs before DEs. How many on the board do we still have waiting on DEs?

If a lot of them are bound for Saudi Arabia (hadn't really thought about that until someone mentioned it), then yes, I think they could deliver GTs before DEs. How many on the board do we still have waiting on DEs?
That's a good point if they are Saudi bound.

YOU STOLE MY PENCILS!!!! :p

What gives Lucid! I ordered before you, confirmed on the same date and no pencils. No fair! lol
does location help?? I’m in Sonoma County California. I was surprised to receive them when I did.

Great news. Assume they will be delivering to your home? That's what my DA is planning assuming mine isn't ready by the time I leave Florida in mid
April and head back to Westport.
Yes- to my home in Darien. Will go to Chicago first for final inspection, then shipped to Connecticut. Don't know why that is.

My guess is that they will try to deliver one Air GT by the 28th of February before the earnings phone call so that they can say, while we missed the Q4 delivery target we have now produced all the Dream editions AND we are now delivering Air GTs to customers, and quietly say but we will only produce 15,000 for this year due to supply chain issues. blah, blah, blah

My guess is that they will try to deliver one Air GT by the 28th of February before the earnings phone call so that they can say, while we missed the Q4 delivery target we have now produced all the Dream editions AND we are now delivering Air GTs to customers, and quietly say but we will only produce 15,000 for this year due to supply chain issues. blah, blah, blah
I would love for them to say 15,000 for this year but that’s gotta be a stretch. If they delivered all 520 DEs plus single digits of AGTs, they would need to average 1200-1500 per month going forward. That ‘s actual deliveries, not placed in parking lots. I seriously doubt that.

I would love for them to say 15,000 for this year but that’s gotta be a stretch. If they delivered all 520 DEs plus single digits of AGTs, they would need to average 1200-1500 per month going forward. That ‘s actual deliveries, not placed in parking lots. I seriously doubt that.
Production isn’t linear though. The rate can increase pretty steeply as they add more shifts, more lines and improve throughput. Even if they backload production into H2 they can still hit 15k (though I still consider that a stretch).

I think 20k vehicles is looking very tough at the moment. Yes, production can ramp rapidly if it goes according to plan. Depending on how many AGT’s there are, it may be a stretch to think too many of the Touring’s make it this year, let alone the Pure’s. I have fingers crossed it will happen, and the 28th will say a decent amount about progress. I’m selfish and just hope to receive my AGT this year (definitely should).

The current talking point by Lucid is "we anticipate beginning deliveries of Tourings in the second quarter of 2022", which may be an indication of how many Grand Touring reservations there are.

I think they will be able to produce at the rate of 20k/year towards the end of the year, but don't think they will hit 20,000 produced vehicles. If they do, I think they will struggle to keep up with the support and maintenance of all those cars given the nascency of their geographic dispersion. That will negatively impact the brand.

Yes- to my home in Darien. Will go to Chicago first for final inspection, then shipped to Connecticut. Don't know why that is.

Chicago seems to be the final inspection service center for the mid and east coast. Chicago is the largest Lucid service center currently built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back