Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

The ordering of deliveries is a bit odd. Unless folks are not updating, there appears to be little rhyme or reason on ordering. I have seen people with my options and color (also Zenith Red w/ Tahoe) within days of my confirmation with a car delivered.

In my case, I want the delay with late December being just fine for me. However, there are folks like you who definitely want their car sooner rather than later. A real head scratcher...
Yeah I’m guessing they’ve got some revenue maximizing algorithm in play here. People who ordered after the price increase AND can pick up their car at a Lucid location provide the most revenue per unit. Those of us who ordered before the price increase AND live far from a Lucid location (requiring home delivery) are the lowest revenue per unit.

I took delivery of my QG/Tahoe/21” at the Boston studio on 9/28. It has some panel alignment issues near the front, an alignment problem with the trunk, and a few door trim pieces that don’t quite line up. It’s all pretty minor stuff and I’m confident it can get fixed by mobile service.

I took the car up to Vermont for the weekend. It’s a lot of fun on long trips. The ACC is very good at its job. It’s very easy to control the car at highway speed. I think one of my tires came misbalanced from the factory though.

I’m very happy with the car. Anyone on the fence should get on the correct side of it :)

Could you let us know what interior color you chose?
Santa Cruz
In the tracker there are newer Silver orders than mine so I’m not sure that changed my timing.

Reactions: Joe
My silver car was not on the tracker list despite several attempts and posts with my March 30, 2022, confirmed order for a CS/SC, 19" wheels. I got my VIN a week ago and my DA told me today to expect home delivery this weekend. I am in NH. My DA has been very informative and responsive.

My silver car was not on the tracker list despite several attempts and posts with my March 30, 2022, confirmed order for a CS/SC, 19" wheels. I got my VIN a week ago and my DA told me today to expect home delivery this weekend. I am in NH. My DA has been very informative and responsive.
That's a fast delivery. I got my Vin late last week and they only said the car would get to Chicago sometime this week. I am in Virginia and they had no guess as to when it would get here. I would not say the DA has been informative or responsive. I didn't get any communication from Lucid until the Vin call and I tried to post a message on their site but they never responded. Even now I have no contact info for the DA other than callerid from the one time he called.

March 23, confirm
Aug 9, VIN
Sep 20, New VIN
Oct 5, Delivery

Attachments

• PXL_20221005_195338290.jpg
    PXL_20221005_195338290.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 80
Your on the tracker now!

Took delivery of the car on 9/29. Yay!

We got you added. Could you provide the date your VIN was assigned? I put September 28 for now.

May 31, 2022Red@smartebizSeptember 16, 2022

My Interior Tahoe it was not updated in the tracker. Appreciate if it gets updated.
9/27/2022 - Purchase agreement singed
9/28/2022- Payment has been done
as per DA expected delivery to Houston next week of Oct 3rd Actual Delivery date yet to receive.
Thanks all owner here for helping and providing valuable information and sharing your experience.
Update 10/05 - Car reached at Houston Delivery Center
Delivery date yet to get however it could be tomorrow 10/06 or 10/07

Order confirmed May 31 , 2022
GT Gray, Santa Cruz 21"
DA called Monday. Said car entering production first of this week and should be complete completed by the end of the week.VIN not mentioned. Should receive by end of month or very early Nov. As no center within several hundred miles of Nashville, didnt know if would be delivered from FL or TX. Perhaps VIN by Friday-hopefully.

We got you added. Could you provide the date your VIN was assigned? I put September 28 for now.
Sept 26

Have been lurking for a while but figured I should also get my car into the tracker. My DA has not only been non-responsive but really has no clue what is going on. Said my car was on the ground in West Palm Beach, only to do a "hold on" and then says "My mistake, your car is not out of production", this was over a week ago. Really hoping the angst goes away when I finally get "The Call".

AGT - Zenith Red, Tahoe, 21"
Reserved: April 2, 2022
Confirmed: April 12. 2022
VIN Assigned: September 9, 2022
PAID: September 26, 2022 (Backwards - Didn't even get the PA yet though they asked for payment)
Purchase Agreement signed: 9/27

Just drove by the West Palm Beach depot last night and there have to be at least 100 cars in the lot. Waiting... though not as patiently.

Have been lurking for a while but figured I should also get my car into the tracker. My DA has not only been non-responsive but really has no clue what is going on. Said my car was on the ground in West Palm Beach, only to do a "hold on" and then says "My mistake, your car is not out of production", this was over a week ago. Really hoping the angst goes away when I finally get "The Call".

AGT - Zenith Red, Tahoe, 21"
Reserved: April 2, 2022
Confirmed: April 12. 2022
VIN Assigned: September 9, 2022
PAID: September 26, 2022 (Backwards - Didn't even get the PA yet though they asked for payment)
Purchase Agreement signed: 9/27

Just drove by the West Palm Beach depot last night and there have to be at least 100 cars in the lot. Waiting... though not as patiently.
Riviera Beach 10/5/22, Note, GTP up front

Attachments

• PXL_20221005_195404342_2.jpg
    PXL_20221005_195404342_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 110
Yeah I’m guessing they’ve got some revenue maximizing algorithm in play here. People who ordered after the price increase AND can pick up their car at a Lucid location provide the most revenue per unit. Those of us who ordered before the price increase AND live far from a Lucid location (requiring home delivery) are the lowest revenue per unit.
Really!

Back