Took Delivery Hardtop Touring

thepolock

Cars
23 Touring (Mar 23 build
Got my Hardtop Touring yesterday April 11. Great experience. Picked up at Scottsdale Service Center all the folks were great and patient with this newbie. They had 3 deliveries scheduled that day.

I picked up a Touring, Stellar White, hardtop, Platinum trim, 20" Aero Wheels, Santa Cruz interior, Dream Drive, and surreal sound ordered in May of 2022.

Delivery experience was great and I didn't notice any delivery defects. Kudos to all. I've got almost 190 miles on it already and did a charge thru EA at the Tucson Premium Outlets with no issues.

The biggest difference I hadn't seen noted yet, was they have switched to Micheln tires. A welcome change since i've read so much bad info on the Pirellies.

So far so good....with a problem I'll note later that is probably unique to me.

Attachments

• lucid.JPG
    lucid.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 196
Congratulations! I even see John in the background. He is great if you ever need service. Join the AZ thread here:

Got my Hardtop Touring yesterday April 11. Great experience. Picked up at Scottsdale Service Center all the folks were great and patient with this newbie. They had 3 deliveries scheduled that day.

I picked up a Touring, Stellar White, hardtop, Platinum trim, 20" Aero Wheels, Santa Cruz interior, Dream Drive, and surreal sound ordered in May of 2022.

Delivery experience was great and I didn't notice any delivery defects. Kudos to all. I've got almost 190 miles on it already and did a charge thru EA at the Tucson Premium Outlets with no issues.

The biggest difference I hadn't seen noted yet, was they have switched to Micheln tires. A welcome change since i've read so much bad info on the Pirellies.

what does the cabin volume feel like compared to the glass roof?

Congratulations. Looks great. which Michelin tires did it come with?

Since I haven't driven in the glass roof model yet, I'd have to suggest at least the same if not better. I've had many panoramic roofs and just didn't want another glass roof in Arizona. I've replaced two glass roof's (one BMW one Genesis) and just don't use them. Should be just a tad more headroom than glass.

I have a GT and have test driven the metal roof Pure from Scottsdale. The glass roof is more open but the metal roof feels like most other cars that I have had. It is not cramped or claustrophobic. I would probably miss the glass from the backseat more than from the driver's seat since it is hard to look up while driving. The metal roof is done nicely and is probably a little cooler than glass. I am not trading in my glass roof, but I can understand why people would select the metal.

I love my Alcantara roof

Attachments

• 20230404_090623.jpg
    20230404_090623.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 193
Other than the Michelin tag, I didn't check the model/style tire yet. I'll check and get back.
Here are photos of the tires. Previously mentioned that they had switched from Pirellies, I hadn't seen that. What I did notice was that the tire bulging was on all sizes that had Pirelli. Either way, glad to see the change.

Attachments

• Tire2.JPG
    Tire2.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 130
  • tire1.JPG
    tire1.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 132
Agree. The only problem may be availability if one needs to replace one. On Tire Rack it shows as being out of stock on back order with no expected due date.

Here are photos of the tires. Previously mentioned that they had switched from Pirellies, I hadn't seen that. What I did notice was that the tire bulging was on all sizes that had Pirelli. Either way, glad to see the change.
This is not a change. The 20 inch wheels have always come with Michelins. Its actually one of the reasons I went with the 20"

I am waiting for Michelin to make an all season tire with an EV designation on the sidewall although according to Michelin, the company says its Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire is EV compatible.

I am waiting for Michelin to make an all season tire with an EV designation on the sidewall although according to Michelin, the company says its Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire is EV compatible.

In my previous post, I included photos of my Michelin's, the sidewall does state EV.

Attachments

• tire1.JPG
    tire1.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 80
I am aware of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 EV summer tire supplied to Lucid Motors as OEM tire on Aero Lite wheels. Michelin also makes an All Season Pilot Sport 4 tire that is EV compatible but does not designate "EV" on the sidewall. The Pilot Sport EV summer tire has an acoustic sound absorbing inner foam core that reduces transmission of noise to the car's interior.

As far as I know, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season tire does not (as yet) have this acoustic sound absorbing technology.

Thanks for the photo.

Back