Grand Touring Deliveries?

How soon after you got your VIN did you get the request for insurance and payment information?

I got my VIN on November 19. I have still received no request for insurance information or anything else other than the address to put on the vehicle registration.
In my case in Orlando, I got my vin on Nov 30th. I was asked to provide insurance at the same time which I did. I made the insurance effective Drc 7th since I figured there was no way I would get the car before that.
On Dec 7th I got the email with the invitation to pay and also the paperwork to sign (purchase agreement, 26 pages or so of jargon).
Since then zilch.

On Thursday, December 9th I received an email asking me to DocuSign some paperwork:
Purchase Agreement Configuration Summary
Purchase Agreement Final Price Sheet​
 Please review the detailed itemization of the purchase price, sales tax, fees, payments to government agencies, applicable credits, financing information (if applicable), the total amount due from the buyer, and terms and conditions. This document requires a signature from all Buyers/Lessees to finalize the purchase and delivery of your Lucid vehicle.​
Tire Chain Disclosure​
 Please sign the disclosure regarding the use of tire chains on Lucid vehicles.​
Lucid Vehicle Data Privacy Policy and Lucid Mobile End User License Agreement Acknowledgment​
 Please sign the acknowledgment regarding Lucid Vehicle Data Privacy Policy and Lucid Mobile End User License Agreement.​
Lemon Law Disclosure Acknowledgment​
 Please sign the acknowledgment regarding Lemon Laws.​
Arizona Department of Transportation Digital Odometer Statement​
 Please complete and sign this Arizona Department of Transportation Digital Odometer Statement​

The odometer statement showed 100 miles.
Soon after completing the signing, I was “invited“ to pay for my car. I‘ll be completing that on Monday, since I need to move the funds to one of the banks they support. After talking to my sales advisor, I found out that they have an AZ PDI location, but the Scottsdale sales center does not have the space/resources to do deliveries. They will be only doing home deliver for now. No firm time for my delivery, but it could be as soon as next week.
Alex, thanks for sharing this info. You mention banks they support for the ACH transaction? Do they not allow you to use any Bank or Credit Union to transfer your payment?

Jeezum crow. What would be involved other than swapping a set of wheels and maybe changing a setting in the software? Why would this take you out of the production queue?
No idea, and I still don't have a clear answer. It shouldn't adjust my queue at all but they are being very opaque at this point.

I do believe they still intend all cars by year end, but this is very frustrating.

I think one thing they could do to ease kinds is when customers ask for confirmation that it will be by years end confirm that yes, and if they miss it, not to worry about the credit.

In my case in Orlando, I got my vin on Nov 30th. I was asked to provide insurance at the same time which I did. I made the insurance effective Drc 7th since I figured there was no way I would get the car before that.
On Dec 7th I got the email with the invitation to pay and also the paperwork to sign (purchase agreement, 26 pages or so of jargon).
Since then zilch.

So about a week between getting your VIN and then all the purchase paperwork. I'm now over 3 weeks since getting the VIN with not even a request for the insurance information, much less the full paperwork packet. (I bound insurance the week after I got the VIN just so I'd have the documentation on hand to send Lucid as soon as they asked for it.)

A friend in Orlando got his VIN on November 4, and his car was available for delivery on November 13. In fact, it happened so quickly that he was unable to get down from New York in time and had to delay his delivery until November 20.

No idea, and I still don't have a clear answer. It shouldn't adjust my queue at all but they are being very opaque at this point.

I do believe they still intend all cars by year end, but this is very frustrating.

I think one thing they could do to ease kinds is when customers ask for confirmation that it will be by years end confirm that yes, and if they miss it, not to worry about the credit.
Is it possible that a QC issue they discovered on the car in the late stage of production necessitated them moving it to a demo rather than delivery to a customer? That would seem like an obvious reason for the change, but I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just say that.

for hmp10.… perhaps a similar story with the Zenith Red. That color is a more involved process and possibly Lucid is not satisfied with the product at this point. They have two things at odds with each other. They want to deliver a quality product to customers, but they don’t want to say in public that they are having QC issues that are affecting timelines.

So about a week between getting your VIN and then all the purchase paperwork. I'm now over 3 weeks since getting the VIN with not even a request for the insurance information, much less the full paperwork packet. (I bound insurance the week after I got the VIN just so I'd have the documentation on hand to send Lucid as soon as they asked for it.)

A friend in Orlando got his VIN on November 4, and his car was available for delivery on November 13. In fact, it happened so quickly that he was unable to get down from New York in time and had to delay his delivery until November 20.
At least you got your VIN.
I have no idea when I will receive mine for the Touring trim. Maybe not till late next year!

for hmp10.… perhaps a similar story with the Zenith Red. That color is a more involved process and possibly Lucid is not satisfied with the product at this point.

That has crossed my mind. However, in my initial call with my Delivery Advisor, she told me that VINs would not be issued until near the end of production of the car. I took that to mean that my car was already nearing the end of the assembly line when I got the VIN on November 19, which would indicate paint was not a holdup at that point. (Since my friend in Orlando saw only 9 days between getting his VIN and the delivery date, that seemed to be corroboration that VINs are not issued until near the end of production.)

I still haven't received a VIN for my Dream Edition. I have supplied driver's license copies and told them I don't want the front license plate bracket installed. No request for insurance info although in CA you are automatically covered on a new car for a few weeks anyway. Getting nervous about whether or not they will deliver before year end.

I still haven't received a VIN for my Dream Edition.

I'm trying to figure out what roles various factors play in production scheduling. Would you be willing to supply a little more information?

Reservation date?
First contact with Delivery Advisor?
Version (Performance or Range)?
Wheel choice?
Color?
Delivery location?

So I originally reserved a Grand Touring last May because the Dream Edition was sold out. I placed my name on the "Waiting List" and I was upgraded and confirmed my order on October 22nd. Spoke with my Delivery Advisor on the following Monday, October 25th. I ordered the Eureka Gold Performance with 21" wheels. Chose the Millbrae delivery location as that is also the repair location and I want to get to know all the technicians if possible. Also, it seemed like a better option for early deliver than having delivered to my home and I only live 40 miles from Millbrae. Actually they are opening the Millbrae location this weekend so planning to hop over there tomorrow.

Alex, thanks for sharing this info. You mention banks they support for the ACH transaction? Do they not allow you to use any Bank or Credit Union to transfer your payment?
Lucid uses Plaid for its payments processor, which pretty much covers every bank.

My ”bank” is TD Ameritrade (a brokerage firm), which they ”support”. But after I put in my credentials, they could not find my checking account. The bank portion of my account is through TD Bank, which they also support, but I don’t have direct access to that. In the end, I ACH transferred my money from TD Ameritrade to BofA where I have an account. Once the ACH transfer to BofA is complete on Monday, I’ll make the Lucid payment through BofA.

Lucid uses Plaid for its payments processor, which pretty much covers every bank.

My ”bank” is TD Ameritrade (a brokerage firm), which they ”support”. But after I put in my credentials, they could not find my checking account. The bank portion of my account is through TD Bank, which they also support, but I don’t have direct access to that. In the end, I ACH transferred my money from TD Ameritrade to BofA where I have an account. Once the ACH transfer to BofA is complete on Monday, I’ll make the Lucid payment through BofA.
I too use TD Ameritrade and will transfer to my Credit Union prior to needed. Thank you for the clarification and good luck with your deliver!

I too use TD Ameritrade and will transfer to my Credit Union prior to needed. Thank you for the clarification and good luck with your deliver!
You may want to try the Paid demo link and see if your CU is on the list (this is the UI that Lucid uses):

Hi folks - newbie here. Just put in a reservation for AGT today -- very excited! Anyone have an idea how long I might have to wait for the confirmation call?

They have confirmed reservations through early/mid September but the numbers have accelerated since then. I would imagine that it would be mid-January at the earliest before you hear something.

They have confirmed reservations through early/mid September but the numbers have accelerated since then. I would imagine that it would be mid-January at the earliest before you hear something.
Good to know — thanks!

Hi folks - newbie here. Just put in a reservation for AGT today -- very excited! Anyone have an idea how long I might have to wait for the confirmation call?
I put deposit down for AGT on 4/20/21, confirmed it immediately on 11/30/21, and had first call with delivery advisor yesterday. I’m guessing delivery is end of March or thereabouts.

You may want to try the Paid demo link and see if your CU is on the list (this is the UI that Lucid uses):

So why can't I just make a wire transfer from my Schwab account to the appropriate bank account for Lucid? Do I really have to go through Plaid?

So why can't I just make a wire transfer from my Schwab account to the appropriate bank account for Lucid? Do I really have to go through Plaid?
No. They give you wire transfer instructions also. I suppose I could have done that too. I was already down the ACH rabbit hole.

Back