Got my frunk mat and sunscreens today

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
I ordered both and here are my impressions. The frunk mat fits perfectly, is heavy gauge plastic and is about 4 inches deep so if you want to add some ( relatively shallow)ice, drinks and go tailgating this should hold up well. It’s got a lip toward the front and a bear logo imprint on the far side, a nice touch.
The sunscreens fit well -although the clips for the rear one kept falling off while I was installing it. It comes in a nice pouch for storage when not in use. I’ll evaluate for effectiveness over the next few days
IMG_6264.jpeg
IMG_6261.jpeg
IMG_6260.jpeg
IMG_6263.jpeg

I ordered both and here are my impressions. The frunk mat fits perfectly, is heavy gauge plastic and is about 4 inches deep so if you want to add some ( relatively shallow)ice, drinks and go tailgating this should hold up well. It’s got a lip toward the front and a bear logo imprint on the far side, a nice touch.
The sunscreens fit well -although the clips for the rear one kept falling off while I was installing it. It comes in a nice pouch for storage when not in use. I’ll evaluate for effectiveness over the next few daysView attachment 14299
It'd be great to use it for tailgating but I can't think of an easy to empty the ice/water after unless I'm missing something. And, I don't see myself taking it to a football game or rowdy concert lol. Is tailgating allowed for kids' soccer games? 🤔 😂

It'd be great to use it for tailgating but I can't think of an easy to empty the ice/water after unless I'm missing something. And, I don't see myself taking it to a football game or rowdy concert lol. Is tailgating allowed for kids' soccer games? 🤔 😂
No there is no drain hole or anything like that. It does have a lip in the front and if you remove your leftover cans of brew I would imagine a couple inches of water and ice could be lifted out but obviously not tested yet for practicality.

I hope there's a video associated with that test!

I'll probably just look for a cooler that fits in there nicely in the meantime. If I find one, I'll link it

I hope there's a video associated with that test!

I'll probably just look for a cooler that fits in there nicely in the meantime. If I find one, I'll link it
Coleman Portable Rolling Cooler | 50 Quart Xtreme 5 Day Cooler with Wheels | Wheeled Hard Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 5 Days https://a.co/d/cWCS3eV

Fits in the frunk perfectly

Back