• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Got my frunk mat and sunscreens today

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
I ordered both and here are my impressions. The frunk mat fits perfectly, is heavy gauge plastic and is about 4 inches deep so if you want to add some ( relatively shallow)ice, drinks and go tailgating this should hold up well. It’s got a lip toward the front and a bear logo imprint on the far side, a nice touch.
The sunscreens fit well -although the clips for the rear one kept falling off while I was installing it. It comes in a nice pouch for storage when not in use. I’ll evaluate for effectiveness over the next few days
IMG_6264.jpeg
IMG_6261.jpeg
IMG_6260.jpeg
IMG_6263.jpeg

I ordered both and here are my impressions. The frunk mat fits perfectly, is heavy gauge plastic and is about 4 inches deep so if you want to add some ( relatively shallow)ice, drinks and go tailgating this should hold up well. It’s got a lip toward the front and a bear logo imprint on the far side, a nice touch.
The sunscreens fit well -although the clips for the rear one kept falling off while I was installing it. It comes in a nice pouch for storage when not in use. I’ll evaluate for effectiveness over the next few daysView attachment 14299
It'd be great to use it for tailgating but I can't think of an easy to empty the ice/water after unless I'm missing something. And, I don't see myself taking it to a football game or rowdy concert lol. Is tailgating allowed for kids' soccer games? 🤔 😂

It'd be great to use it for tailgating but I can't think of an easy to empty the ice/water after unless I'm missing something. And, I don't see myself taking it to a football game or rowdy concert lol. Is tailgating allowed for kids' soccer games? 🤔 😂
No there is no drain hole or anything like that. It does have a lip in the front and if you remove your leftover cans of brew I would imagine a couple inches of water and ice could be lifted out but obviously not tested yet for practicality.

I hope there's a video associated with that test!

I'll probably just look for a cooler that fits in there nicely in the meantime. If I find one, I'll link it

I hope there's a video associated with that test!

I'll probably just look for a cooler that fits in there nicely in the meantime. If I find one, I'll link it
Coleman Portable Rolling Cooler | 50 Quart Xtreme 5 Day Cooler with Wheels | Wheeled Hard Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 5 Days https://a.co/d/cWCS3eV

Fits in the frunk perfectly

Back