• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Getting into Lucid Family

Nephron

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT, MX 18 , MY23
Hi Guys ,
So after much thinking , I have put a deposit for Air GT , I drive like 100 to ~150 miles a day . My wife have Model Y ( so no ICE car as back up ) . Do you guys think it's better to get Touring or Pure instead ? What are after sales issues , Think nearest service center they are going to open is in Atlanta ~130 miles from here . Should I go with Lucid or Model S?

Hi Guys ,
So after much thinking , I have put a deposit for Air GT , I drive like 100 to ~150 miles a day . My wife have Model Y ( so no ICE car as back up ) . Do you guys think it's better to get Touring or Pure instead ? What are after sales issues , Think nearest service center they are going to open is in Atlanta ~130 miles from here . Should I go with Lucid or Model S?
Love my GT.

Hi Guys ,

Have a GT, no regrets at all. It’s a fantastic car and I look forward to driving it everyday. It’s become much more than a vehicle; it’s a bit of an obsession. You will love any model you decide on.
I appreciate the extra range, but not everyone needs it.
I have had minor issues that were taken care of promptly by mobile service, which has been stellar.

A touring will have a similar range to a Model S. That is plenty for most people and it will save you $10k+ over a GT. Unless you really need the extra range, a Touring is hard to beat.

The Pure loses a lot of standard features so it will feel less premium. If you don't care about some of the upgrades, they definitely consider the Pure as it essentially has the same range of the Touring.

Go test drive one. That is the best way to decide.

There are a number of Model S and former Model S customers here who can give you some more background there. Only you can make this choice, of course. But I’d definitely go with the Lucid if it were me.

I'd say a GT is a good choice for you. If you're driving that much every day, you'll like the extra range. I'm with @stratus on this. Driving has gone from something I have to do to something I want to do every day. I love this car.
I've never owned an S, but we have friends who do. Every single one of them that has ridden in my GT or that we let drive it has said they wished they could trade.

Hi Guys ,
I came from a Model S to the Air Touring and the Air feels like a different (better) class of vehicle. The handling, ride, comfort, and refinement are just amazing. Touring is a great option because it has the features of the GT, but with a smaller battery, which allows the extra leg room in the back. With the range of the Touring, 150 miles a day of driving is still no problem at all. While the Touring is technically less powerful than the GT, there’s no way you’d be disappointed with the Touring’s speed. It still feels as though it’s jet-powered.

Last edited:
I have a Touring. At the time, the GT was at Legacy pricing. If you can afford it, I'd go with a GT in a heartbeat and never look back. You've experienced what Tesla has to offer. Treat yourself to a GT and experience next level everything!

Lucid's mobile service will take care of you. I wouldn't worry too much about where the nearest service center is located. I have had mobile service out several times and even posted a video of my first mobile service appointment on my YouTube channel. No worries at all.

Good luck!

Thank you guys . I have decided to go with Lucid AGT. Do we still have 2022 inventory ? is there any major difference between 2022 and 2023 ?
There isn't much difference at all that the customer can actually see. There were some slight material changes but that's it.

GT owner of 13 months ~8000 miles. RE: reliability.

When I bought my Lucid GT I knew I was an early-adopter, and knew it was likely there would be issues
(it was built in the middle of the Covid plague).

There were supply-chain problems effecting everything, everywhere. Manufactures had to find alternate vendors. Some of the vendors weren't so good at quality/ reliability. The car was fine for a week or so, but one of the control modules wasn't up to spec. Mobile service came to my car and diagnosed the problem module, but because of the location of the defective module it needed to be taken to Mechanicsville, VA for replacement and re-programing. This took about a week.

It was fun to track the location of my car as it traveled, and spy on where the truck driver stopped for gas and lunch...( the mobile app. is so cool). The night my car came home it was on a flatbed with the headlights beaming right into the back window of the truck...because I had opened the mobile app to see where it was. I must have been flashing the poor driver all the way down and all the way back, every time I opened the app. I was doing this all week, while it was in the shop in VA. That must have been trippy for the mechanics.

Since that one problem (faulty control module) , the car has been not only flawless; the updates to the software have made it by far the finest, most dependable car I have experienced ~ 60 years of driving. I include the Lexus I had for 13yrs / 165k miles, that never needed anything but routine maint.

Biggest problem with owning a Lucid: after a few months you will begin to rationalize needing a Sapphire.

Back