General Impressions After 3 Weeks

Smitty5468

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Alright I took delivery in early June and I have been impressed with the car itself including the drive and how smooth of a ride it is. The car itself is amazing. The interior is state of the art. The outside is so sleek. I have the stealth package and I did wrap the car and tinted the windows. Really love the look and drive.

The AI functionality and Apple CarPlay integration I still think needs work.

Three major areas of improvement I think needed:

1. I cannot see what is playing on music and use navigation or CarPlay at the same time. This is an issue as in most high end vehicles you are able to do that. One fix would be where the 'Air' logo is since this is a rather useless waste of space on the digital dash is to put the 'now playing' music there. Or allow the main screen on the bottom to have the same features as the top screen and be detached and asynchronous. Meaning so navigation and music screens could be used simultaneously. It is rather annoying to not be able to navigate and see what music is being toggled.

2. The garage function takes too many clicks and is clunky. It doesn't trigger when I leave my garage and only is a very very small area to touch when I enter my drive. This needs adjustment. I think it should be a touch screen on the car screen on the lower touchscreen with openings for the vehicle.

3. Weather and time should be a constant resource on screens somewhere on the vehicle or driver dash area in my opinion. Strange the way it is allocated to such small areas on the 'Home' but not present on the other components of the AI.

Curious other people's thoughts on the AI functionality.

Alright I took delivery in early June and I have been impressed with the car itself including the drive and how smooth of a ride it is. The car itself is amazing. The interior is state of the art. The outside is so sleek. I have the stealth package and I did wrap the car and tinted the windows. Really love the look and drive.

The AI functionality and Apple CarPlay integration I still think needs work.

Three major areas of improvement I think needed:

1. I cannot see what is playing on music and use navigation or CarPlay at the same time. This is an issue as in most high end vehicles you are able to do that. One fix would be where the 'Air' logo is since this is a rather useless waste of space on the digital dash is to put the 'now playing' music there. Or allow the main screen on the bottom to have the same features as the top screen and be detached and asynchronous. Meaning so navigation and music screens could be used simultaneously. It is rather annoying to not be able to navigate and see what music is being toggled.

2. The garage function takes too many clicks and is clunky. It doesn't trigger when I leave my garage and only is a very very small area to touch when I enter my drive. This needs adjustment. I think it should be a touch screen on the car screen on the lower touchscreen with openings for the vehicle.

3. Weather and time should be a constant resource on screens somewhere on the vehicle or driver dash area in my opinion. Strange the way it is allocated to such small areas on the 'Home' but not present on the other components of the AI.

Curious other people's thoughts on the AI functionality.
All of these items have been mentioned repeatedly on the forum. You are correct, agree with them all. If you consult the wish list and bug list on www.lucidupdates.com you might find some other items at interest you

Back