CarPlay & Music Fade during turn-by-turn directions

LucidPez

Verified Owner
Cars
'23 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
QRLDUSC5
Anyone know if this is a Lucid thing or something but in my Audi and Genesis, my CarPlay would fade my music as it was giving me map navigation information (ie: Turn right on Main Street). On the Lucid it just completely stops the music and then starts it again after the navigation guidance is over.

I actually prefer it plays softly in the background as the navigation is happening because it feels like abrupt with a hard stop. Is this a setting or something I can adjust?

Turn Nav audio off. Even if Nav audio volume is at zero the turn by turn directions will still cut into the entertainment audio feed. There is a small icon to turn Nav audio off. I do it every time there is a OTA update.

Turn Nav audio off. Even if Nav audio volume is at zero the turn by turn directions will still cut into the entertainment audio feed. There is a small icon to turn Nav audio off. I do it every time there is a OTA update.
Have you been able to get it to stay muted or do you have to mute it each drive? It used to be stay muted but now I have to do it each time I set a destination

But I want Nav audio. I just want it to fade my music when it announces directions and not completely stop my music to replay it after it’s done.

I know it can do this as my last few cars just fade the music down and then brings it back up in volume when it’s done with the nav announcement

But I want Nav audio. I just want it to fade my music when it announces directions and not completely stop my music to replay it after it’s done.

I know it can do this as my last few cars just fade the music down and then brings it back up in volume when it’s done with the nav announcement
My last car was Audi and CarPlay was my nav and worked as described. When selecting Lucid nav, CarPlay doesn’t quiet down. Also, my experience has been either Lucid nav or Apple/Google/Waze nav. Not both. If you start the second nav, the first ends routing and vice versa. So to get nav with quieting, I’d use the phone nav and not Lucid nav. But I might be mistaken. Let the OGs chime in.

Both the Lucid Nav audio and carplay audio cause the music to completely stop. I find it quite startling. On both my BMW and Mercedes, the music volume simply fades down and the navigation volume speaks above the music volume level. Lucid does need to adjust these settings so that it is not so startling to drivers when your music simply cuts out a second or two before navigation / carplay audio starts.

Anyone know if this is a Lucid thing or something but in my Audi and Genesis, my CarPlay would fade my music as it was giving me map navigation information (ie: Turn right on Main Street). On the Lucid it just completely stops the music and then starts it again after the navigation guidance is over.

I actually prefer it plays softly in the background as the navigation is happening because it feels like abrupt with a hard stop. Is this a setting or something I can adjust?
For me, Tidal will lower volume while Waze on CarPlay announces directions. Tidal doesn’t stop playing.

I think there are two (or more) ways to design the system. Some choose to reduce the volume of the music while the directions are being given and some kill the music (making the directions clearer), It would be great if one could choose but either way is a reasonable design.

Back