Garage door opening/closing issues

Cars
Air Grand Touring
The day I received my lucid, my garage door started having issues. After pressing the garage door button (on my physical opener or using homelink), the garage door will often randomly stop (sometimes halfway, sometimes nearly all the way up, sometimes when nearly closed, etc.). It doesn’t happen when we use the garage door opener on my wife’s car. Wondering if it’s a coincidence (have googled and seen all the reasons why this may be the case….like logic board in garage door module having issues)…just seems weird it seems to only happen when I’m in my Lucid…whether using the actual garage door opener or homelink.

The day I received my lucid, my garage door started having issues. After pressing the garage door button (on my physical opener or using homelink), the garage door will often randomly stop (sometimes halfway, sometimes nearly all the way up, sometimes when nearly closed, etc.). It doesn’t happen when we use the garage door opener on my wife’s car. Wondering if it’s a coincidence (have googled and seen all the reasons why this may be the case….like logic board in garage door module having issues)…just seems weird it seems to only happen when I’m in my Lucid…whether using the actual garage door opener or homelink.
I’ve never seen that reported by anyone on this forum or anywhere else, heh. I’ve definitely had it happen though, just unrelated to my Lucid.

Someone did report that here. It turned out to be the lidar on the Lucid interfered with the garage door sensor that avoids closing the door on anything.

Happen to me sometimes.

My assumption is just make sure you are being stationary when using Lucid HomeLink as moving vehicle may possible trigger signal disruption as multiple clicks.

I came home twice found my garage door wide open. Ever since that, I would make sure garage door is completely close before I drive away.

I experienced this with my Lucid after one of the OTAs. For a while I "solved" it by moving the garage door's sensors higher up. But even when it does work, I do find using Homelink to close the door while backing up to be an unnecessary PITA (1. Close camera. 2. Click profile. 3. Click Home button. 4. Click Homelink button. 5. Reopen camera.)
So over the weekend I installed Tailwind (https://gotailwind.com/) and the early results suggest it's $100 well spent. I now have geofencing for my Lucid (i.e., the garage door automatically opens and closes for me). And I can also use Siri or Alexa to control the doors, or use the Tailwind app to confirm the doors are closed regardless of where I'm at.

I experienced this with my Lucid after one of the OTAs. For a while I "solved" it by moving the garage door's sensors higher up. But even when it does work, I do find using Homelink to close the door while backing up to be an unnecessary PITA (1. Close camera. 2. Click profile. 3. Click Home button. 4. Click Homelink button. 5. Reopen camera.)
So over the weekend I installed Tailwind (https://gotailwind.com/) and the early results suggest it's $100 well spent. I now have geofencing for my Lucid (i.e., the garage door automatically opens and closes for me). And I can also use Siri or Alexa to control the doors, or use the Tailwind app to confirm the doors are closed regardless of where I'm at.
Interesting. I think I'm going to check this out too.

Re: the steps you described above, that's pretty much what I do now every time (except I didn't move the sensors higher up yet). It's super inconvenient to first make sure my car is not directly facing the garage (so the lidar doesn't interfere w/the garage door's sensors), then I close the cameras, then I click on the homelink button, and then I reopen the camera. It makes me feel unsafe given all the button pressing and coordination that needs to happen.

Thank you so much for this!!! I installed it on my garage and all is well with the world again. Now...to install it on my gate....

Larry - thank you for the information on what appears to be an awesome product. I will definitely be adding this to my list when my Touring arrives.

So perhaps on the same lines...I programmed my Homelink to the Lucid but it doesn't automatically open..I have to hit that Home icon and then select my house which then appears with a WiFi icon next to it. Is that right?

So perhaps on the same lines...I programmed my Homelink to the Lucid but it doesn't automatically open..I have to hit that Home icon and then select my house which then appears with a WiFi icon next to it. Is that right?
It does not automatically open st this time. Supposedly coming in a future OTA.

The tailwind does work great though if you can't wait.

right right...something to think about...also I thought the Lucid had an auxillary input in the car somewhere..really thought Id read it somewhere
Trunk, passenger side, under the flap

@hydbob ..just went to the car and couldn't find that AUX input...just the 12V / cigarette charger outlet?!
Oh, crap, sorry I read your message wrong. Sorry for sending you on that wild Goose chase! I don't think there is an AUX input.

Larry,
Thanks for the recommendation. I noticed you paid $100 which indicates that you bought the sensor also. I am thinking of buying the sensor also since my wife if "bluethooth challenged". She just uses her phone to call and text people and play games. Go figure! Anyway, if you did get the sensor, where did you mount it? Thanks.

Yeah, I paid $120 total, I think. I bought the IQ3 Smart Automatic Garage Controller Pro, another pro kit for my second garage door, and then a single sensor. You only need the sensor if you have an iPhone and don't want to use Homekit (i.e., Android does geofencing with Tailwind without a sensor; Homekit can do geofencing with Tailwind without a sensor but then the geofencing is tied to your phone, not the car).
I just installed the sensor on the sticker on the back of the driver's side visor, to the side of the mirror. If I don't want the garage door to automatically open and close (e.g., when running a quick errand), I turn off the sensor for that excursion. I haven't yet installed the Tailwind app on my wife's phone, so I'm the lone beneficiary at the moment.
I have noticed the sensor doesn't work quite as well when my iPhone is in my pocket, but other than that I've been pretty pleased with the result. And it was cheap enough--and has benefits enough--that I won't regret buying it when the Lucid does geofencing for me (in 2035 ;) )

Reactions: DJL
The MyQ is cheaper and works just as well.

Back