Homelink Failed

Negan1000

Verified Owner
Cars
S550, Touring
Referral Code
5CQ2CRCI
Touring Homelink stopped working after 10 months. Homelink no longer opens or closes my garage door. The Homelink transmit icon appears when I press Homelink but nothing happens. It still geo-locates – homelink window appears when I get home. I have 2.1.33. This problem appeared around the time of the last software update. Has anyone experienced the same problem? If yes, what was the fix?

Touring Homelink stopped working after 10 months. Homelink no longer opens or closes my garage door. The Homelink transmit icon appears when I press Homelink but nothing happens. It still geo-locates – homelink window appears when I get home. I have 2.1.33. This problem appeared around the time of the last software update. Has anyone experienced the same problem? If yes, what was the fix?
Had the same thing happen to 1 of 3 profiles. The car even failed to learn the signal with the remote when I tried reprogramming. I had to reinstall with a new name for the garage door.

Had the same thing happen to 1 of 3 profiles. The car even failed to learn the signal with the remote when I tried reprogramming. I had to reinstall with a new name for the garage door.
So you were not able to reprogram the original homelink? After you created a new homelink were you able to delete the original? Thanks.

So you were not able to reprogram the original homelink? After you created a new homelink were you able to delete the original? Thanks.
No, I couldn't reprogram using the original name. I just added a new name and programmed as usual.
Deleting the original is vey easy.
My car is in service right now so I can't check on the exact steps. But I think you hit connectivity and then make the selection to delete.

Thanks. Programmed new homelink and deleted old one. Back to using homelink when I get home. Use mini genie remote when I exit garage. No idea why it went brain dead. Looking forward to update that provides homelink when I exit garage.

I had to reset my garage opener and the homelink profile stopped working. I couldn't get reprogram the original profile so I created a new one. Now I can't get rid of the old profile no matter how many times I have tried to delete it. Has anyone else had this issue?

I had to reset my garage opener and the homelink profile stopped working. I couldn't get reprogram the original profile so I created a new one. Now I can't get rid of the old profile no matter how many times I have tried to delete it. Has anyone else had this issue?
I think @TakeDuo did, but a Air reset allowed it to happen?

Yes I cannot delete either. I sent a note to customer care as it seems to be a software related glitch.

My homelink stopped working for the 2nd time in about a month. I had to reprogram my Genie remote using the opener "learning" button. Then homelink failed.. What did you do to reset your garage opener? I'm wondering if the opener "learning" to reprogram the genie remote caused the Homelink failure. The car does recognized when I get home and presents the Homelink button but it will not open or close the garage door.

I sent screenshots and video of persistent HomeLink errors I’m having. They transferred it to the software team. I’m guessing the car hasn’t been around long enough to have folks change/move/rename HomeLinks yet. I mentioned this thread and others having similar issues. Fingers crossed for a future update to address. However, I can’t imagine it’s priority with Gravity and robustness forthcoming 😎

Today I tried to program a new Homelink. I have a Genie door opener with the rolling codes (Learn button). 3 programming attempts failed. Programming never asked to press the learning button. Called customer care number on Homelink programming screen. I was told to delete the Failed Home Homelink before programming a new one. Added a new Home homelink. After pressing the garage remote to initiate the programming, I was told to press on the learning button. Then tried the 3 test sequences. and it worked. This homelink programming was different than my previous programming and different than the instructions on the Pilot Panel. Hopefully this program will keep. I double checked that the Genie remotes were still working. Customer care said they would report my issues to the software team.

Does homelink do anything that just pressing my normal garage door opener clipped onto the sunshade thing wouldn't do?

Does homelink do anything that just pressing my normal garage door opener clipped onto the sunshade thing wouldn't do?
Not particularly. Other than a cleaner interior without the door opener clipped it. It could be argued that it’s more secure though since someone could smash your window and steal the opener when you are away from the house. They would need your car to be on to access HomeLink.

I have never been able to get HomeLink to work. Adding to my list of things for my mobile visit.

I have never had a problem with my two garage doors set up via homelink. It works perfect.

Back