Garage door opening/closing issues

I recall looking at the Chamberlain MyQ and specifically not picking it for...some reason? I think it's not compatible with Alexa or HomeKit? I got that from Wirecutter IIRC so I could definitely be wrong about that.

I recall looking at the Chamberlain MyQ and specifically not picking it for...some reason? I think it's not compatible with Alexa or HomeKit? I got that from Wirecutter IIRC so I could definitely be wrong about that.
Dno. Works with Alexa and Amazon key, and I use it with HomeKit 🤷‍♂️

I concur. The MyQ is top notch and I have it controlling all three (3) of my garage doors flawlessly. I also utilize a nightly 'close all doors' function to insure that I have all three (3) garage doors closed for the night. I have had my housecleaners exit through the garage and not close the garage door after exiting (understandable, as it would be difficult). Just an everyday evening safety check.

The MyQ is cheaper and works just as well.
I completely forgot I had this (the app and the function in the garage door opener), as I had stopped using it several years ago once my Model S could reliably auto open/close the garage door.
Dumb question: How do you set up MyQ to auto open/close the garage when you pull in/out? I quickly re-acquainted myself with the app, but was not immediately seeing that function.

I am not aware of MyQ having that capability. Mine 'auto-closes' based on a specific pre-set time (11:00 pm).

in the MyQ MyQ Home Control APP, to enable MyQ schedules the steps to accomplish the following:

(1) Log into the MyQ APP;
(2) Tap Schedules on the menu located at the bottom of the screen;
(3) Locate the Schedule that you want to enable or disable;
(4) Tap the slider to enable or disable the schedule.

That would be a nice/interesting function. We have all driven off and wondered, 'did I close that garage door?'

Fortunately, you can ascertain garage door status in the MyQ App and even close the doors remotely anywhere you have an Internet connection.

The very first day that I had mine installed, I was out shopping with my daughter. We were running late and my housecleaners were due to arrive before I could get home to let them in the residence. BINGO. I called my house cleaner and told her to call me when she arrived at the residence. When she called I gave her the alarm code for the unlocked garage entry door and proceeded to open the center garage door remotely. Worked like a charm. The same sequence of events when the house cleaners finished.

I love my MyQ as I also do not have to carry the remote garage door opener in my car or on my person when I go out for a walk. I just have to have my cell phone with me. Very slick!

That would be a nice/interesting function. We have all driven off and wondered, 'did I close that garage door?'

Fortunately, you can ascertain garage door status in the MyQ App and even close the doors remotely anywhere you have an Internet connection.

The very first day that I had mine installed, I was out shopping with my daughter. We were running late and my housecleaners were due to arrive before I could get home to let them in the residence. BINGO. I called my house cleaner and told her to call me when she arrived at the residence. When she called I gave her the alarm code for the unlocked garage entry door and proceeded to open the center garage door remotely. Worked like a charm. The same sequence of events when the house cleaners finished.

I love my MyQ as I also do not have to carry the remote garage door opener in my car or on my person when I go out for a walk. I just have to have my cell phone with me. Very slick!
Next level is to set up Apple TV or old iPAD as a Homekit hub, then get a homebridge device (I got HOOBS) and install a MyQ Homebridge, which then makes it work with Homekit and SIRI. So now Siri will open garage door when you say “hey Siri open garage door” and you can set routines, so for example if you have an Apple Watch and stray a certain distance from your house, it will pop up and ask if you want to close your garage door. Super helpful, has totally saved me several times from forgetting to close it. And if senses when you arrive before the Lucid does so you don’t have to press the HomeLink button in the car to open it when you’re approaching your house.

Dno. Works with Alexa and Amazon key, and I use it with HomeKit 🤷‍♂️
How did you integrate MyQ with Alexa? I would like to ask Alexa to close the garage from my car. I searched online and it seem you need a 3rd party app. Is that how you did it?

How did you integrate MyQ with Alexa? I would like to ask Alexa to close the garage from my car. I searched online and it seem you need a 3rd party app. Is that how you did it?
I think you need to create an IFTT routine? Not positive that works. If you want to do it using SIRI I can walk you through it (you need homebridge to Apple Homekit), but I think someone here got it to work via IFTT if you want to stay in the Alexa ecosystem.

You need to create an IFTT routine. It's been a while since i've done it but hopefully these instructions help. If you have your garage door linked to something like an ADT alarm system you can use the ADT alexa skill to control it that way also

Yup, IFTTT recipe + Alexa routine.

Attachments

• E5B661DE-D6E3-4628-81CF-6D4961B40CC3.jpeg
    E5B661DE-D6E3-4628-81CF-6D4961B40CC3.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 0E36F0F4-614F-44BD-859B-9CA6D7EA0DC8.png
    0E36F0F4-614F-44BD-859B-9CA6D7EA0DC8.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 7568CB9B-D8D9-4FC0-9DC6-808288D6C79F.png
    7568CB9B-D8D9-4FC0-9DC6-808288D6C79F.png
    664.2 KB · Views: 83
The day I received my lucid, my garage door started having issues. After pressing the garage door button (on my physical opener or using homelink), the garage door will often randomly stop (sometimes halfway, sometimes nearly all the way up, sometimes when nearly closed, etc.). It doesn’t happen when we use the garage door opener on my wife’s car. Wondering if it’s a coincidence (have googled and seen all the reasons why this may be the case….like logic board in garage door module having issues)…just seems weird it seems to only happen when I’m in my Lucid…whether using the actual garage door opener or homelink.

Hello, I am experiencing a similar type of issue...to add more fidelity, since I programmed my lucid with homelink to the garage door, I have driven away in our other car - lucid car still in the garage and come home multiple times to find the garage door open (never opened uncommanded before). Has anyone experienced issues with the lucid car opening the garage door after you leave? Is it something possibly associated with me leaving with the lucid key fob in pocket? Or something with the car sending signals that the garage door is interpreting as an open command?

Back