Full disassembly in order to apply full PPF

Cars
Air Grand Touring
How do you guys feel about full disassembly of parts for full PPF? I looked over the Lucid warranties and didn't see anything that would automatically void any warranties for full disassembly related to PPF, but it still makes me a little uncomfortable. Anyone have experience with this? The place I'm looking to get full PPF said full disassembly is the "proper" way to do it. However, I don't think they have much experience with Lucids (who does?), which also scares me a bit as well.

How do you guys feel about full disassembly of parts for full PPF? I looked over the Lucid warranties and didn't see anything that would automatically void any warranties for full disassembly related to PPF, but it still makes me a little uncomfortable. Anyone have experience with this? The place I'm looking to get full PPF said full disassembly is the "proper" way to do it. However, I don't think they have much experience with Lucids (who does?), which also scares me a bit as well.
You do not need to fully disassemble the car to apply PPF. Many members here have had it done, custom cut, myself included, and it didn’t require taking the car apart. Get a second opinion.

You do not need to fully disassemble the car to apply PPF. Many members here have had it done, custom cut, myself included, and it didn’t require taking the car apart. Get a second opinion.
Agree with the above. I just got mine done here in Charlotte. It was the installer's first Lucid. He did not mention anything other than the door panels to get the tint done to his level of satisfaction. He also mentioned talking with others in the industry who have done several before starting on mine just to get some insight. He also said there were "instructions" out there for installers that were very good and easy to follow. He said that the hardest thing to do was to tint the windshield as it is one very large piece in a space that you do not want to get too wet.

Because many people here are looking to have PPF and window tinting done, does anyone else think it would be a good idea to start a thread of recommended PPF/Window tint installers across the US?
I think that might better be handled in the local community sub section.

Because many people here are looking to have PPF and window tinting done, does anyone else think it would be a good idea to start a thread of recommended PPF/Window tint installers across the US?
I started a thread some time ago asking for local recommendations in SoCal. I’m sure there are other threads where people have asked. Might be good to start a thread for other regions.

10 milk better protection

Back