Question to DreamDrivePro owners about PPF

phantomias

Hi Everyone,

I received my Lucid Air Touring last Friday and I was thinking to do full front PPF and Ceramic coating on top PPF and rest of the car. When i was picking up my car, I had a chance to talk with a service technician and I had asked him about the location of the LIDAR sensors. He told me 2 out of 4 of front sensors are behind the front bumper.

He said if I do ceramic coating it should not be a problem, but if I do PPF to the front bumper area there is a chance that these LIDAR sensors cannot read properly. Same things happens if I need to paint the front bumper for any reason since the paint thickness will be more than factory thickness.

My question is, did any of you see any problem at DDP (especially warning about oncoming traffic, distance, collusion alert etc.) after applying PPF? Did anyone notice any difference at the behavior before and after applying PPF? I was confused now if I should really do PPF to the car.

Thanks
phantomias

Last edited:
I have full body PPF and I have not had any issues with LIDAR sensors.

As for snow and slush.....

No issues with mine (have full PPF and ceramic) other than what I’ve posted on another thread about light rain/mists affecting the sensors.

There is only 1 lidar sensor (between the headlights), the rest are short range radar and ultrasonic sensors. Just make sure the shop cuts out the circles in the ppf where the sensors are in the bumper. If they don't know to do that, take it somewhere else.

I had mine PPFed full front. No issues so far

Back