Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Thanks. I was pushing it pretty hard but will try a mighty push when I get car back. Although I like use opening the app as I’m heading out to the car.
For what it is worth the service team told me to push on the portion of the handle closest to the front of the car.

I’ve been waiting as the fob has been consistent with 1.2.1. I wanted to enjoy the positive experience for awhile.

Note for new owners, the fob can go through a battery. If the fob does not seem to be working as expected after 2-3 months. Try a new battery. The low battery warning on the dash works, but the fob might underperform prior to the warning.
I have had the car for about two weeks and already have a low indicator light for the fob. Will be changing soon and hoping the next battery lasts a bit longer.

I’ve been waiting as the fob has been consistent with 1.2.1. I wanted to enjoy the positive experience for awhile.

Note for new owners, the fob can go through a battery. If the fob does not seem to be working as expected after 2-3 months. Try a new battery. The low battery warning on the dash works, but the fob might underperform prior to the warning.
Thanks for fob battery drain heads up.I suppose the fob doesnt come with a key or rather door has no lock. Does this mean, the best is, and simplest that always works, to have a magnetic lock box under the car with spare batteries or a 2nd fob and replace batteries on both in a staggered fashion? I already have two cell phones and bring both for redundancy when travel, but at the same time dont want to spend "hours" programing cell phone door lock.

Thanks for fob battery drain heads up.I suppose the fob doesnt come with a key or rather door has no lock. Does this mean, the best is, and simplest that always works, to have a magnetic lock box under the car with spare batteries or a 2nd fob and replace batteries on both in a staggered fashion? I already have two cell phones and bring both for redundancy when travel, but at the same time dont want to spend "hours" programing cell phone door lock.
It's "minutes" for the cell phone. But if you ever run out of battery on the fob, you can use it like the key card. Hold it to the pillar and the car will unlock.

It's "minutes" for the cell phone. But if you ever run out of battery on the fob, you can use it like the key card. Hold it to the pillar and the car will unlock.
Thanks .... good tip... didnt know. Also forgot about key card -- will always have it in my wallet. Im the guy who' s managed to lock in the fob in the rental car, hertz couldnt come out, had to go by cab to airport in person, and it took them an hour to find spare keys.

To unlock, you have to hold under the camera at the B-pillar and press the door handle. To lock you can just hold under the B-pillar camera – no need to press the handle.

Reactions: Bel
I didn’t see or read it on the consolidated list but how about auto precondition for battery when the destination is a charging station and you are 15-20 minutes out.

I didn’t see or read it on the consolidated list but how about auto precondition for battery when the destination is a charging station and you are 15-20 minutes out.
You can do this from the charging screen. Its not auto in nav yet though

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • Better route planning
  • Ability to filter for EA charging stations
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Remember settings and history
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
    • No volume control or voice prompt customization (on/off)
    • Is a reminder every time that I would rather be using an app on my phone
    • Improved offline nav
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
Add auto high beam to list

high beam turn off auto like all other cheaper models

Add auto high beam to list
WOW>>>>quite a list

At the risk of sounding like a crank, I have to double down on satellite radio: has a new car been released in the last five years without it?? (rhetorical Q....there might be ....one..?)

I, for one , rely in it...so be straight with us, Lucid--what happened? Why isn't it already onboard? Will it ever be? When?

If there's a plausible story with a happy ending, I'll hang in. But you need to be straight with the people who have committed to buy your product

Citizens of Lucidia....UNITE !

Seems like just about everything on the list comes from what Tesla has already done.

Why not use face recognition, or some unique hand sign on the pillar camera to unlock car if you don’t have your phone/fob? Why not auto start and prep vehicle settings when it “senses” you moving towards it after 90 minutes at a restaurant?
Why not tell you why it’s suggesting navigation that doesn’t make sense? “There’s an accident/construction on i95, taking exit 5 will save you 7 minutes”
Instead of saying “Alexa…” why not just look at the screen and say your command? “Skip song”.

Be leaders, be imaginative. Don’t just do what Tesla has already done.

Seems like just about everything on the list comes from what Tesla has already done.

Why not use face recognition, or some unique hand sign on the pillar camera to unlock car if you don’t have your phone/fob? Why not auto start and prep vehicle settings when it “senses” you moving towards it after 90 minutes at a restaurant?
Why not tell you why it’s suggesting navigation that doesn’t make sense? “There’s an accident/construction on i95, taking exit 5 will save you 7 minutes”
Instead of saying “Alexa…” why not just look at the screen and say your command? “Skip song”.

Couldn’t agree more. This is why Product Mgmt is hard because easy is copying
the balance is … “if it aint broke, don’t fix it” … looking at you Tesla and your windscreen wipers

The bigger challenge is so many on this list are personal. Take satellite radio. I have no interest. Absolutely zero. Where others it is a show stopper.
auto high beams… for my wife would never be used as she hates driving at night.

if we compare early apple iOS and early android. I think there are some lessons. Do whatever function REALLY well, and be consistent In the User experience.

I don’t envy the prod mgmt team sorting this list - everything is important (to somebody) but prioritizing it is going to upset many.

One thing I would appreciate is better release notes, and a roadmap (even if it is thematic).

I agree, Lucid should think bigger. But some of the things you suggest would be either next to impossible to implement or major security concerns.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't suggest them, though. Often, ideas expressed by those who aren't afraid of the technical limitations inspire developers to try other things that solve the same problem in a different way.

Not sure it's technically feasible to use the side camera for unlocking the doors, for instance. As far as I know, the side pillar camera is not pointed at you, for one thing. Nor is there any infrared sensor there, like we have on iPhones, etc. Your phone isn't taking a picture of your face in order to unlock.

The camera behind the screen seems to be optimized for this. But it can safely assume that you've gotten into the car securely before "recognizing" you. Which lowers the stakes significantly if it's wrong.

But using NFT in your phone to not only unlock, but automatically set your profile, even if another key holder's phone is present, would certainly be a huge improvement over Tesla's implementation. (Elon hates all things Apple, so I doubt he'll ever bother to implement Apple car key. Or offer CarPlay, for that matter. Lucid doesn't have this ego issue.)

Not having to say "Alexa" might be easier to implement. The cameras in the car can tell where your eyes are pointed. But you'd have to be looking in a certain direction before talking (presumably on the road), which isn't necessarily natural while you're sitting parked, or at a red light. And your passengers would not get this benefit. Still, interesting idea. I hate having to say "Hey Siri" or "Alexa" all the time. I usually use the steering wheel button for this sort of thing.

One thing I really want Lucid to remember as they move forward to to make everything they ship work as expected. Sounds logical, but this is exactly where Tesla went off the rails. They check off boxes when they "ship" something, and then they never bother to go back and polish it. "Auto park? Check. Auto windshield wipers? Check." Meanwhile, neither of these features work 90% of the time. And worse, because they are "checked" the software team feels free to hide the manual controls of many of these functions, since you "no longer need them." (I want to kick Elon in the nuts every time it rains here.)

Lucid can kick Tesla's ass very easily just by following up and sweating the details. It's easy to buy into the Tesla sales pitch, but owning the car is another thing altogether. Or, as I like to say, "There may still be a lot of first-time Tesla buyers out there for them to grab, but a shrinking number of second-time Tesla buyers."

Lucid chose the hardest people to please as their initial customers. (Luxury buyers.) Hopefully that means they will hone their skills at delivering an experience sufficiently when they reach more of a mass market audience.

Add warning only to Lane Departure Protection System. And make the warning less annoying.

I think it does that, isn’t there an option to make it warning only?

“When enabled, press INTERVENTION ONLY (default) or WARNING AND INTERVENTION if you wish to receive haptic vibrations of the steering wheel when a steering correction is recommended.” From the manual.

Back