Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Works on all four door handles too!
REALLY?!?! Now I'm just mindblown! No, in all seriousness I have just gone with the obsessively checking over my shoulder multiple times. Trying to remember how many times to tap the fob doesn't seem fun, so I'd rather just look like a lunatic trying to get whiplash checking on my car every five seconds, and then sometimes having to walk back towards the car because I think "Is that mirror folded in, or?" Also, in my defense I have not driven it very long or far, so still trying to get used to all of it's tricks. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have thought to manually push the door handle down for fear of breaking something. This is exactly why the forum is AMAZING!!

You can also press the handle in for an immediate lock if you do not trust that it will lock or you won't be able to see the car when you look back.
I do this 100% of the time.

I have been keeping a list of possible bugs and/or suggestions since taking possession of the car end of December and really getting to know it on some longer drives -- sometimes hard to tell the difference. Not sure if there is an appropriate email to send them to or if this is the right place. Anyway, here they are, but let me know if there is a way I should send them directly to Lucid or if anyone has experienced the same issues and figured out the fixes to any or all of these.

- Mobile key is usually not recognized unless app is opened and phone is unlocked. When it is recognized, it is taking way too long to do so -- sometimes have to stand right next to the car for at least 30-45 seconds for it to recognize. Individual bug or known issue ?
- When in navigation mode, can't see the radio stations without exiting navigation.
- Regardless of which media selection you are in, the favorites list should be governed by the arrows on steering wheel, but when in RADIO mode, they only act like SEEK and tunes to the next numerical station rather than the next saved favorite station. How many people use seek regularly ?
- There should be a general favorites screen with mix and match radio and streaming favorites in one place so not having to switch between media screens.
- Is there a place to install USB stick with music files. Have a whole USB stick from my old Tesla that I created and would love to have this in the Lucid ?
- Parking sensors are not activating and notifying proximity tones and/or activating cameras in time when pulling into a parking spot. There is also too long a delay and often not activating at all when close to another car/object.
- 3D surround and rear view cameras taking too long to engage in reverse and sometimes don't load at all
- Major delay in cell phone connectivity for text messages and contact lists when first starting up
- Profile settings should retain auto high beam preference and drive mode preference (Swift, Smooth, etc).
- When manually adjusting seats with side buttons, SEATS screen should pop open to allow saving the changes to my profile.
- In CLIMATE screen, the auto condition seats and steering wheel feature not working and doesn't stay illuminated when activated.
- Homelink screen needs to stay up over reverse cameras so I can close the garage without putting the car in park or manually closing the video screens.
- Need Homelink auto-activation (open and close) on approach and departure
- Advanced Cruise Control -- no RESUME function. When cancelling and restarting, it reverts back to the posted speed limit rather than my previous set speed. Very annoying !
- Lucid Charger: I have a previous NEMA 10-30 outlet for my Tesla and honestly, the Tesla charger with Lectron adapter has been working fine. I wanted to switch over to the Lucid charger that came with the car and purchased a NEMA 14-50 to 10-30 adapter cable, but the Lucid won't charge. Car shows "Preparing to Charge" but the light on the lucid charger stays red and the car actually never starts charging. Is there a trick to this ?

Sorry if some of these are redundant.

I’m not sure where this post should go, but I’m a newer owner and want to comment that aside from several things which I hope will be better though out in the software’s maturity process, I have reached 600 miles today and my GT has not malfunctioned in any way, everything, every feature, every accessory has worked perfectly from day one through today. I know that making this statement could come back to haunt me and tomorrow everything could change, but for now I’ve had nothing but a positive experience and I’m a little surprised. Are there lots of others who have little to no problems who would like to say anything?

I’m not sure where this post should go, but I’m a newer owner and want to comment that aside from several things which I hope will be better though out in the software’s maturity process, I have reached 600 miles today and my GT has not malfunctioned in any way, everything, every feature, every accessory has worked perfectly from day one through today. I know that making this statement could come back to haunt me and tomorrow everything could change, but for now I’ve had nothing but a positive experience and I’m a little surprised. Are there lots of others who have little to no problems who would like to say anything?
I imagine most are in the same category as you. They just don’t come to the forum to say it as often as the questions or the complaints. We tried having a thread that was a “ran errands today and everything was perfect” type of title, but then some of us got accused of being like “fan boys “

I’m glad you are loving it so far! Keep updating :)

I feel the same way about mine. I have about 1100 miles on it. Aside from XM radio sometimes being iffy, everything has worked perfectly. We've only found two defects with the car, and they're both very minor things that do not affect the driving experience.

I imagine most are in the same category as you. They just don’t come to the forum to say it as often as the questions or the complaints. We tried having a thread that was a “ran errands today and everything was perfect” type of title, but then some of us got accused of being like “fan boys “

I’m glad you are loving it so far! Keep updating :)
Thanks, not 30 minutes after I posted I got the .48 update, it was all automatic and finished within 10 minutes, I’ll see tomorrow if everything still works…

I’m about to write up my first 1,000 mile report, and the TLDR is basically what you said. Very few things to complain about. I love my car.

.. Lucid Charger: I have a previous NEMA 10-30 outlet for my Tesla and honestly, the Tesla charger with Lectron adapter has been working fine. I wanted to switch over to the Lucid charger that came with the car and purchased a NEMA 14-50 to 10-30 adapter cable, but the Lucid won't charge. Car shows "Preparing to Charge" but the light on the lucid charger stays red and the car actually never starts charging. Is there a trick to this ?
Except for the Lucid charger issue, your concerns describe the current operation of the car's software. Just have to wait for OTA improvements and bug fixes. I'm guessing we'll see about one update a month this year.

About Lucid's mobile charger: The car will attempt to draw 40 amps from the mobile charger if you use the 14-50 plug that came with it. This will trip the 30-amp circuit breaker supplying your 10-30 outlet. But the reason the Lucid mobile charger is flashing red is that it requires a ground conductor, which a 10-30 outlet does not have. This is why 10-30 outlets were obsoleted in the 1990's - they're not a safe way to connect a clothes dryer etc. If the dryer's neutral connection goes open, the entire dryer could be at 120V relative to ground (your cold water pipe). You could have an electrician convert your 10-30 outlet to a modern 14-30 by adding a ground conductor, and buy Lucid's new 14-30 cable for its mobile charger ($65), and charge just fine, if a bit slowly at about 5.6kW.

Last edited:
I have 12,500 miles on my Air GT built in April. The only issues I’ve had have mostly been trim related, and the navigation needed service to reset it once. For software maybe one out of every 10 times my rear/front camera doesn’t come up but if I close it and reopen it it works. My frunk has done the thing where it won’t close properly sometimes but if you push down on it then it’s fine, I’d say it works 90% of the time. My soft close door quit working but then started working again a week later. My left rear passenger window control wasn’t working so service fixed that. The climate system is an enigma, if you set the climate in the app it’s AMAZING and heats the car up to perfect temperature really fast, but then if you want the car to stay at that temp after driving for awhile you have to raise it several degrees. But that’s it, just some goofy glitches. Really there’s been no problems with the car I found myself getting pissed off about, aside from not being able to get one electron off my local EA site since October, which I don’t hold Lucid entirely responsible for since other EA sites work ok so it can’t be completely Lucid’s fault (and 2 other Lucid owners cannot charge at this site either). And all interactions with service have been excellent, better than any other car ownership experience I’ve had. I’m happy. Am I nervous the car will get a HV/turtle failure on a road trip and make my life hell? Sure, but not enough to dissuade me from taking the car and enjoying every mile of the drive.

Can frunk opening be disabled when the car is in Drive?
Valid question, as of now, if the car starts moving, the screen is grayed out.
In my opinion the frunk should be operational if in park mode only.

Valid question, as of now, if the car starts moving, the screen is grayed out.
In my opinion the frunk should be operational if in park mode only.
The frunk opened unexpectedly while I was at a red light. I don't know how this came about, but since I was touching the screen, I'd attribute this to myself.
I agree with you. This is a safety issue and I hope Lucid will add this feature soon.

Disable the Park button when over a certain speed.

PSA: Don't accidentally hit Park button on right stalk instead of Wiper button on left stalk while driving on first day of delivery...it's not a pleasant sound.

The frunk opened unexpectedly while I was at a red light. I don't know how this came about, but since I was touching the screen, I'd attribute this to myself.
I agree with you. This is a safety issue and I hope Lucid will add this feature soon.
I have had the frunk unexpectedly open when shifting from drive to reverse to pull into a parking spot. I had service check it but they were unable to reproduce it. I agree, the frunk should not open unless the car is in park. The old manual actually stated it that way but the new manual says that is will not open when the car is in motion and no longer says anything about being in park.

Back