Faster Chip Available for Retrofitting in the Air?

I'm not gonna bore you with lengthy vids.
Just two. Obviously, the new chip is faster that the old one.
Roughly 1:30 vs 0:57.
Wow, that is a pretty dramatic difference. Thanks! And ...thanks... Lol

It looks like the videos aren’t working on Safari, but they play fine on all other browsers.

It looks like the videos aren’t working on Safari, but they play fine on all other browsers.
On mobile, it doesn't work in either Chrome or Safari.

Ok I copied link and opened in Chrome. I agree that is quite an improvement. I guess I'm wondering what other benefits the faster chip will deliver.

Yes, performing a reboot is unquestionably faster, but I’d need to see significant, meaningful improvements in day to day operations before I’d be interested (if it became available) in a new chip. I certainly don’t reboot daily, let alone weekly, to make this the sole reason for the chip swap.

Yes, performing a reboot is unquestionably faster, but I’d need to see significant, meaningful improvements in day to day operations before I’d be interested (if it became available) in a new chip. I certainly don’t reboot daily, let alone weekly, to make this the sole reason for the chip swap.
I think, to be clear, the point is that *everything* is just a little bit faster and without lag. In addition, fewer freezes.

That’s it. That’s the benefit. Not everyone cares. I do.

For many people the old chip is just fine. There aren’t going to be any magical features enabled by the new chip. Sadly it doesn’t give you a third motor. :)

I think the benefit will potentially be more obvious and larger once we move to 3.0, with the assumption that Lucid moves the Air to the same 3.0 interface as the Gravity (which might not be the case). 3.0 will almost certainly push he new chip more than 2.0

I think, to be clear, the point is that *everything* is just a little bit faster and without lag. In addition, fewer freezes.

For many people the old chip is just fine. There aren’t going to be any magical features enabled by the new chip. Sadly it doesn’t give you a third motor. :)
Even a newer chip, give it 2+ years and you’ll experience “lag” again. If it gives you new features then a different story.

Agreed. The only thing that I do weekly that really needs a speed boost is switching profiles. I'll have to see how much it costs and how easy it is to get it installed.

Even a newer chip, give it 2+ years and you’ll experience “lag” again. If it gives you new features then a different story.
Absolutely. The caveat to your statement is that while I bought my car in 2022, they did not buy my chip in 2022. :) It is many years older than that.

So the relative difference, for me, between now and a new chip, vs a new chip and two years from then, is more significant.

Like I said, not everyone would care. Plenty of people also buy a phone and hang on to it for a decade. I’m not that guy. :)

Absolutely. The caveat to your statement is that while I bought my car in 2022, they did not buy my chip in 2022. :) It is many years older than that.

So the relative difference, for me, between now and a new chip, vs a new chip and two years from then, is more significant.

Like I said, not everyone would care. Plenty of people also buy a phone and hang on to it for a decade. I’m not that guy. :)
I would spend on a new chip that will give me more hp! From 600ish to 1000ish hp! More bragging rights is worth the money. Please take my money if such a thing exists. Or is it called a sapphire chip?!

I would spend on a new chip that will give me more hp! From 600ish to 1000ish hp! More bragging rights is worth the money. Please take my money if such a thing exists. Or is it called a sapphire chip?!
There is an upgrade available. Cost is $250k.

I’ve certainly had to reboot several times in my 1+ years of ownership, but I can’t recall ever having anything freeze. Interesting.

Aaq

For the community, scratch that as i hate that word.
For our dear members, I'm williing to make a few short vids comparing old chip, vs the new one.
Tell me what vids should i do.
No, No, No! As you know, Sapphire #65 will forever hold special place in my heart. So with that said, let me take this heavy burden off your shoulders. Meet me at KOP and 'll gladly take Sapphire #65 off your hands for a few days and run chip comparisons! 😂😂

Switch songs on a Dolby Atmos playlist on Tidal over and over; I wonder if the buffering is faster due to the processor speed.

Initial load of the navigation from car start

Zoom around the 360 view and see if it lags at all

Switch profiles

Add a few stops to a long road trip in nav
@RM-S8, I'll run all these plus the Air logo reset and key fob responsiveness tests. 😉😉

Enough Lucids get on the road or drop low enough in price and folks will most definitely start tinkering like they do with other vehicles and performance tuning.

Hmm, I find the in-car nav to be extremely laggy. Especially compared to carplay.
For me the technically challenged I have never used it. I find it totally inadequate or maybe it’s me 🤪. I don’t even think about using it.

Back