Faster Chip Available for Retrofitting in the Air?

If they have the hardware and appetite to support it, it will save a ton on software headaches while offsetting costs to customers. They should do it and seems like they will.
If i read your post correctly, that's hold water only if everybody does it.

The oldest cars are 3 model years old. Time to move those owners to a new vehicle, Gravity or Air. If the new vehicle does not offer more why would they buy another.

Aaq
That's very interesting. It's helpful to hear from someone who lives with two different versions of the car.

Rocklin, CA studio got ‘25 models in the other day. They were very nice and allowed me to check out the new infotainment chip. I can tell a big difference with every aspect in the navigation. It immediately pulled up rather than taking a few seconds to load. Maneuvering around the map, again was immediate with no lagginess. Inputting an address into the nav, the keyboard popped up immediately vs taking a few seconds. The auto zooming was smooth vs jerky. You get the idea. The other aspects of maneuvering through the various menus, music and hvac there wasn’t much of a difference. I personally hope Lucid does offer a paid chip upgrade at some point. I know some will respond back, I don’t use the nav, CarPlay or die, that’s fine and great but I have to figure Lucid is going to continue adding features to the car, so it has the potential of taxing the infotainment even more. I will not complain if Lucid does end up offering an unprecedented chip upgrade. As for the motor mounts, I didn’t get a chance to test drive the ‘25. I’m in the camp that likes the motor noise.
For the community, scratch that as i hate that word.
For our dear members, I'm williing to make a few short vids comparing old chip, vs the new one.
Tell me what vids should i do.

For our dear members, I'm williing to make a few short vids comparing old chip, vs the new one.
Would suggest entering a faraway address into the navigation and having it calculate the route, as well as panning and zooming the map. Then as a negative control, switching through the regular menus (HVAC etc). Should result in a minute or two of footage max for each car.

(Wish I had tried out your nav when I had the chance to sit in your car!)

Aaq

I would try switching profiles and see how fast the profiles load.

I am OK with the performance of the current chip.

Aaq

Switch songs on a Dolby Atmos playlist on Tidal over and over; I wonder if the buffering is faster due to the processor speed.

Initial load of the navigation from car start

Zoom around the 360 view and see if it lags at all

Switch profiles

Add a few stops to a long road trip in nav

No performance complaints currently (other than profiles) but curious to see what the performance difference will be in the Air with old vs new chips when they release the new UI experience shown in the Gravity videos (3.0?). Looking forward to hearing from those that get a preview.

Also curious if there will be different functional capabilities for those with the new chip, vs. just better performance.

I'm not gonna bore you with lengthy vids.
Just two. Obviously, the new chip is faster that the old one.
Roughly 1:30 vs 0:57.

Attachments

• VID-20240902-WA0001(1).mp4
    12.8 MB
  • VID-20240902-WA0000(1).mp4
    13.7 MB
I can’t play for some reason

Tried playing video(s). No Joy.

I see no problem from my side. Mods, can you help?
Maybe I'll upload one by one?

I see no problem from my side. Mods, can you help?
Maybe I'll upload one by one?

Tried playing video(s). No Joy.
You have to download the video, not try to stream it. I’m not sure why it isn’t working, but on mobile that was how I solved it.

Perhaps @Joe or @hydbob can take a look.

The oldest cars are 3 model years old. Time to move those owners to a new vehicle, Gravity or Air. If the new vehicle does not offer more why would they buy another.
I've only had my 2023 Lucid Air 1 year and 1 month so I have no intention of 'upgrading' or changing to another car at this time. My original intent was to get at least 5 years before considering a change actually.

RM-S8 - many thanks for posting this (and any future ones you share).

All - viewing the video in Safari is an issue. However, if you copy/paste the video links into a google browser it works.

I purchased 9 months ago and have 13,000 miles. Also no intention of getting rid of it anytime soon. But I believe Lucid will not offer this upgrade because any improvement in the car - quieter front motor, heat pump, faster processor, improved efficiency, plants the seed in current owners head that it is time to upgrade to either a newer Air or the Gravity. The more of these upgrades the better chance of a new sale.

The company needs both new and repeat customers to increase sales.

Back