Faster Chip Available for Retrofitting in the Air?

Hummmm..... Does anyone know where the SOC is? I would bet that Lucid was using a Orion Nano and the upgrade is just a Orion NX or AGX. If that is the case, the whole SOC is just on a SO-DIMM and swapping them will take a whole 10 seconds providing you can get to it easily. All of the Orion's are the same architecture with different ARM core, cuda and tensor cores and more RAM. So it should be plug in and play. A Orion NX 8GB will cost $500 while the 16GB will be $700. Compute difference is 70 vs 100 TOPs while the Nano was was up to 40 TOPs. I have a Orion NX 16GB I could test with if someone could point me in the direction of where it is in the car. With that being said, I only have dream drive and do not have the extra cameras, so the drag on the SOC from all the inferencing is not happening on my car, thus even if I did the upgrade, I probably would not be able to notice the difference.
Infotainment and ADAS are separate computers. The discussion is of replacing the infotainment computer, that’s why it really has no effect on ADAS. Just UI speed.

The Lucid uses the DRIVE Orin chip which maxes out at 254 TOPS:

More info at
Makes sense, but that begs the question of what the upgrade could and would be. Orin was based on Ampere, the Lovelace SOC was canceled and Blackwell will not be out until next year at the earliest. Dream drive is probably on the single Orion board, DDP needs to be on the dual Orion Board. The only upgrade option I am seeing is Quad Orion by linking two Dual boards together. If you have nVidia developer access there is a old on demand webinar called DRIVE AGX Hardware Update with NVIDIA Orin that walks through the options and what you get.

Back