Emergency braking activating unnecessarily

Sula

Cars
AGT
Ok so I'm finishing up a 3-point turn and in D gear, when a car traveling in the opposite direction passes the rear of my car, and the emergency braking activates whilst also beeping red wildly. Needless to say this leaves me shaken up as I feel it is totally unnecessary for the brakes to be slammed down 100% (automatically) while I am going forward and have zero chance of hitting the passing car to my rear. If anything the emergency braking would cause an accident if i was not able to drive away from a moving object.

This has happened at least 2x; I'm in drive (going forward slowly) and a car passes behind me and the brakes are suddenly activated.

That's definitely not expected behavior; mine only does that when I'm in reverse. Did you report it to customer service?

That's definitely not expected behavior; mine only does that when I'm in reverse. Did you report it to customer service?
Did not yet, was wondering if this is a common software issue among the other owners. Will notify my Lucid CSR.

This has happened on my mercedez eqs 450+ 7x already and has caused an accident

Ok so I'm finishing up a 3-point turn and in D gear, when a car traveling in the opposite direction passes the rear of my car, and the emergency braking activates whilst also beeping red wildly. Needless to say this leaves me shaken up as I feel it is totally unnecessary for the brakes to be slammed down 100% (automatically) while I am going forward and have zero chance of hitting the passing car to my rear. If anything the emergency braking would cause an accident if i was not able to drive away from a moving object.

This has happened at least 2x; I'm in drive (going forward slowly) and a car passes behind me and the brakes are suddenly activated.

My Genesis GV60P does the same thing. Backing out of my driveway into the near (southbound) lane, if a car is passing in just the right spot in the northbound lane my ADAS system will bring my backup into the southbound lane to a halt. I suspect this is a common attribute (not feature) of current ADAS systems such as noted by Izzy above.

Back