Is there a parking / emergency brake?

lucidity96

This a totally eV noob question, but does Lucid have a parking brake or emergency brake? I checked the O&M manual and could not find anything.

Following is what I found online for a Tesla:
Like all cars, when parking on a hill it is advised to turn your steering wheel so if your car was to accidentally roll, it would roll away from traffic and not into traffic. It is also advised to enable your Emergency Brake. When you put your car in Park, it stops the rear wheels from turning. That may not be good enough on snow and ice or an incline. When you push on the end of the PRND stock, you put your car in Park. If you push and hold, it will also engage the Emergency Brakes making it even harder for your car to roll. When the Emergency Brakes are applied the ((P)) icon will be displayed. When ready to drive, just do as normal and put car in “R” or “D”.

I tried push and hold on the P button for my AT, but nothing happened. For now, I'm just avoiding having to park on a slope.

You might check the Owner's Manual. "When you have finished driving and selected P (Park), the parking brake will engage and all systems will remain operational. Note: If the vehicle is not in 'Park' and is stationary, when the driver door is opened, the vehicle will automatically shift to P (Park)."
See the thread "User Manual" for a link.

When you push in on the selector's silver end button you should see on the center dash panel, just right of center a green P (park) button. The vehicle is now in Park w/ brakes on. You might also want to engage under driver settings the anti roll or Hold. It will lock the wheels to hold the car so one need not use the brake and as soon as you start to depress the throttle you will hear it disengage as the car drives off with no roll. You will again see the same green Park icon. I have tried it on some very strong San Francisco area hills and it works very well. If you can not find it call Customer care and have them talk you through it.

Back