• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Electric static type sound above 70-75 mph

dsc33

Cars
Grand Air Touring
I've noticed that ever since I've had my car that when I accelerate to above 70-75mph, that there is a constant electric static sound coming from the front dashboard. Even if I turn the music/radio off I still hear the sound. Does anyone know what this is due to?

I've noticed that ever since I've had my car that when I accelerate to above 70-75mph, that there is a constant electric static sound coming from the front dashboard. Even if I turn the music/radio off I still hear the sound. Does anyone know what this is due to?

No. At least I don’t. But I don’t believe you should be hearing that sound. One of Lucid’s calling cards is swift, hushed and unruffled high speed cruising. I encourage you to text Lucid Service and have it examined right away.

Post Script. I had the benefit of keeping a Lucid Air GT loaner for ten days in May. I was then able to compare the driving experience of two Air GTs, mine and the loaner. I can assure that there was no electric static sound coming from either car, at highway speeds.

I don’t hear any such thing. Try a logo reset and if it’s unsuccessful call for service.

My car is so quiet I never realize I'm going 90+ until I look down at my speedometer.

So i'd say get it checked after doing any of the soft reset methods, doesn't sound normal

Have you tried adjusting the brightness level of your pilot panel?

Is it definitely electric static? I ask I've been getting a fluttering sound in the same location at higher speeds.

Back