• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Has anyone encountered a "clicking noise" coming from front or rear wheel area?

drugman92

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT& Model 3
I hear a "clicking noise" coming from the front left and right wheel area while accelerating and decelerating at low speed with the windows down. Sound is faint or non-existent if windows are up or music playing. I have attached very short video of what I am hearing. Any thoughts?

I hear a "clicking noise" coming from the front left and right wheel area while accelerating and decelerating at low speed with the windows down. Sound is faint or non-existent if windows are up or music playing. I have attached very short video of what I am hearing. Any thoughts?
View attachment 12842
oh wow that's loud, sounds like it's coming from inside the cabin, maybe the pedals? But you should still take it to the service center.
I had to take mine for a rattling noise (sounded like shaking a box of nails) on the right wheel area whenever I turned left and they found: "During the tightening on inspection of left suspension found left outer tie rod nut loose and not even touching tie-rod". They resolved the noise.

View attachment 12842
That sounds exactly like when they had to reapply lubricant to the suspension.

That sounds exactly like when they had to reapply lubricant to the suspension.
That's what I think too. "Clicking noise" getting more frequent and louder as the days go by. Wonder if all that rain we had in SoCal diluted lubricant? Have service appt at Costa Mesa on 6/17/23 to isolate and rectify problem. Will update site with further news.

That's what I think too. "Clicking noise" getting more frequent and louder as the days go by. Wonder if all that rain we had in SoCal diluted lubricant? Have service appt at Costa Mesa on 6/17/23 to isolate and rectify problem. Will update site with further news.
If it's any consolation, I had this done 6 months ago and hasn't been an issue since.

Back