Edmunds Unboxing

This guy is definitely more nit-picky than I would be, and I found him a bit annoying at times (the smell, really?), but that's sort of the point of the video, so I'll grant them that.

All-in-all, I didn't think Lucid came off looking too bad. And there was nothing said that was unfair, ultimately. Lucid is definitely not perfect at this point, as anyone on the forum can see.

It'll be interesting to see how the car fares over the course of the year as they make more videos.
I felt the same, I rolled my eyes at the smell part. Overall it was fair with a slight bias/too critical tilt.

It'll be interesting to see how the car fares over the course of the year as they make more videos.

Yes, it will. Our fairly early car (#154) had several hardware / panel fit issues at delivery, but that's all long since been corrected by Lucid Service. We're at 8 months and 10,000 miles, and nothing about the car's hardware seems to have deteriorated. Even the dreaded off-white floor mats have remained almost pristine with only light cleaning. The car remans solid, tight, and free of creaks, squeaks, and rattles . . . unlike our Model S Plaid which has been beset in the past couple of months with noticeable groans and noises in the rear quarters.

As we've said ad nauseum, the software still has a way to go. But there is nothing we've seen in the build of the car that would put us off from buying another one.

Are you sure it’s not that whine of the motors which is more audible at lower speeds? I have seen this horrendous noise I reported from my back seat happens on this one small stretch of Highway I-35 and has to do with the road surface.
Check if what you hear only happens on a certain street etc.
No, I like the motor whine. This is definitely wind noise on the drivers side

Interesting. I've had this happen as well. comes and goes though and it's not at high speeds either. I've had it happen doing 45mph on a road but travel down the same road often when it doesn't happen.
Yes. That’s exactly what I’m experiencing as well.

I noticed that I was grinding my teeth watching and listening to this guy. His rather "put off "personality takes away from the issues he was raising. It was difficult to watch because of his rather unusal personality. If it hadn't been for the Lucid he was talking about, I would have turned it off well before the end of the video. Have any of you watched him evaluate other cars. Does he always present himself this way? He spent a lot of time talking down the Lucid yet ended up praising it. I am confused in understanding if he likes the car or not. Is he this way with all of his reviews. I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

I noticed that I was grinding my teeth watching and listening to this guy. His rather "put off "personality takes away from the issues he was raising. It was difficult to watch because of his rather unusal personality. If it hadn't been for the Lucid he was talking about, I would have turned it off well before the end of the video. Have any of you watched him evaluate other cars. Does he always present himself this way? He spent a lot of time talking down the Lucid yet ended up praising it. I am confused in understanding if he likes the car or not. Is he this way with all of his reviews. I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.
I haven't seen him before but he definitely came off as uninterested and trying to slog himself through the review.

I’ve never watched this guy before, but I had a similar reaction. I feel bad, because I don’t know if it’s just that he rubs me the wrong way, or what. I don’t want to hate on the guy for being himself. He’s just doing his job. But I am looking forward to subsequent videos from other members of the team.

Reactions: DJL
Ugh..... just wait for when he hits the software review. LOL! The swiping the finger up on the bottom of the screen was annoying me. I'm like "dude, just hold your damn finger on the spot for a few seconds and it will retract". This aint no iphone!!

I can see it now "The software is laggy" then the "$150K" price tag be shown on the screen

I think it's weird trying to do an unboxing video with a car.

The swiping the finger up on the bottom of the screen was annoying me. I'm like "dude, just hold your damn finger on the spot for a few seconds and it will retract". This aint no iphone!!

The first few times I tried to retract the Pilot Screen I encountered the same issue with its not retracting with a brief light touch. But then it occurred to me that Lucid probably made it thus so that it would not retract unintentionally if you brushed across the icon while using the cupholders or putting things in the console. Makes perfect sense once you consider that.

@4:00 he doesn’t know what wheels they bought.

@4:00 he doesn’t know what wheels they bought.

But later in the video he showed the Munroney sticker which showed an EPA range of 469 miles -- which is the range for the GT with 21" wheels. I have a feeling that Edmunds ordered the car with 21" wheels and bought an extra set of 19" wheels, and he did not notice that someone had switched them already.

He still should have caught it, though, either before filming or during editing.

I think all of the reviewers should start by saying.. I read the owner's manual. Every review I read/saw on the new NSX included a comment on how hard it was to use the touch screen to adjust the volume. Somehow the rotating knob volume adjustment on the steering wheel became invisible during the reviews.

But later in the video he showed the Munroney sticker which showed an EPA range of 469 miles -- which is the range for the GT with 21" wheels. I have a feeling that Edmunds ordered the car with 21" wheels and bought an extra set of 19" wheels, and he did not notice that someone had switched them already.

He still should have caught it, though, either before filming or during editing.
I think you must be right. Otherwise, I don’t know why he would have the car sticker showing 21s , while the car came with 19’s. That would be a pretty big mistake for Lucid to send them a car with 19s, when they ordered one with 21s.

I feel the same way. One thing that is really bothering me, but I'm don't know if its "fixable", is I randomly hear a wind whistle somewhere over my head while driving. The windshield has been replace (for a different reason) I'm assuming its not a seal. It happens intermittently at different speeds. I've assumed to occur when there is cross wind. It sounds very much like a kettle just starting to boil.

Has anyone else heard the same sound?
I heard. But it's intermittent.

Back