Edmunds Unboxing

I think it will take a good 12 to 18 months to iron out fit and finish issues especially given its the first model. You just hope when you get yours they're minimal and can be fixed but I feel he was certainly nitpicking. To be fair, it's always going to be compared to the cost so something is a little off then it's slapped with "$150K" label for this.

I'm not as picky when it comes to panel gaps but more annoyed with creaks, wind noise etc. I've had a creak in the passenger seat since day one that can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Every time Lucid tries to find it the creak decides to go into hiding. I have however noticed more creaking since I got the car back from it's 5 week vacation in the Service Center. More noise seems to be coming from the back and the steering wheel is starting to creak also which other have posted. They're little things but annoyances. Hopefully they'll be slowly sorted in the coming months. I just raised a an issue with the Service Center this morning that the drivers seat headrest and a couple of other function on the seat are no longer working when adjusting on the screen.

I think it will take a good 12 to 18 months to iron out fit and finish issues especially given its the first model. You just hope when you get yours they're minimal and can be fixed but I feel he was certainly nitpicking. To be fair, it's always going to be compared to the cost so something is a little off then it's slapped with "$150K" label for this.

I'm not as picky when it comes to panel gaps but more annoyed with creaks, wind noise etc. I've had a creak in the passenger seat since day one that can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Every time Lucid tries to find it the creak decides to go into hiding. I have however noticed more creaking since I got the car back from it's 5 week vacation in the Service Center. More noise seems to be coming from the back and the steering wheel is starting to creak also which other have posted. They're little things but annoyances. Hopefully they'll be slowly sorted in the coming months. I just raised a an issue with the Service Center this morning that the drivers seat headrest and a couple of other function on the seat are no longer working when adjusting on the screen.
I also have a seat creak that service can't find but it just started a few weeks ago.

I would record it and send them the video as proof. Sorry to hear that and 🤞for not having faced that yet. More paranoid now about the 12V Battery issue as well as fast charge. Good thing there are no EA chargers close by

I would record it and send them the video as proof. Sorry to hear that and 🤞for not having faced that yet. More paranoid now about the 12V Battery issue as well as fast charge. Good thing there are no EA chargers close by
Yeah, It's so intermittent it's annoying. I'll have to record when I hear it. Last time the Lucid tech and I went on a 40 min drive so I want to point out that it's not like Lucid is ignoring the issue just one of those annoyances where you'd rather it be a constant than intermittent. My 12V issue is done and dusted (thank god) so I hopefully don't need to fear it coming back. I've stressed the HV battery over the last few days at DCFC's. 110 degrees outside, pumping 200Kw+ into the battery with the fans going nuts to keep the cars HV battery temp under control. So far, so good :)

Am I the only on squirming in my seat with how he is sitting in the drivers seat starting at 2:24? I hate when people sit like that on high-end leather car seats.

I'm not as picky when it comes to panel gaps but more annoyed with creaks, wind noise etc.
I feel the same way. One thing that is really bothering me, but I'm don't know if its "fixable", is I randomly hear a wind whistle somewhere over my head while driving. The windshield has been replace (for a different reason) I'm assuming its not a seal. It happens intermittently at different speeds. I've assumed to occur when there is cross wind. It sounds very much like a kettle just starting to boil.

Has anyone else heard the same sound?

Am I the only on squirming in my seat with how he is sitting in the drivers seat starting at 2:24? I hate when people sit like that on high-end leather car seats.
No.

Is it me, or does he say they got the 21-inch wheels, and then they show the car, which clearly has 19s on it?

Is it me, or does he say they got the 21-inch wheels, and then they show the car, which clearly has 19s on it?
He definitely did

I feel the same way. One thing that is really bothering me, but I'm don't know if its "fixable", is I randomly hear a wind whistle somewhere over my head while driving. The windshield has been replace (for a different reason) I'm assuming its not a seal. It happens intermittently at different speeds. I've assumed to occur when there is cross wind. It sounds very much like a kettle just starting to boil.

Has anyone else heard the same sound?
Interesting. I've had this happen as well. comes and goes though and it's not at high speeds either. I've had it happen doing 45mph on a road but travel down the same road often when it doesn't happen.

He says in the video he has 21 inch wheels, but those look like 19s to me.

Yeah, It's so intermittent it's annoying. I'll have to record when I hear it. Last time the Lucid tech and I went on a 40 min drive so I want to point out that it's not like Lucid is ignoring the issue just one of those annoyances where you'd rather it be a constant than intermittent. My 12V issue is done and dusted (thank god) so I hopefully don't need to fear it coming back. I've stressed the HV battery over the last few days at DCFC's. 110 degrees outside, pumping 200Kw+ into the battery with the fans going nuts to keep the cars HV battery temp under control. So far, so good :)
Yes, their customer service is not in question even if it takes a while for some. It’s downright exemplary. I believe it’s just their growing pains with the first version and some of the fit and finish issues just are not correctable until they most likely modify some stamping dies

Weird, because the Munroney sticker he showed indicates a range of 469 miles, which is the range of the GT with 21" wheels. I think Edmunds must have changed the wheels on that car for some reason.

Last edited:
Interesting. I've had this happen as well. comes and goes though and it's not at high speeds either. I've had it happen doing 45mph on a road but travel down the same road often when it doesn't happen.
Are you sure it’s not that whine of the motors which is more audible at lower speeds? I have seen this horrendous noise I reported from my back seat happens on this one small stretch of Highway I-35 and has to do with the road surface.
Check if what you hear only happens on a certain street etc.

Weird, because the Munroney sticker he showed indicates a range of 469 miles, which is the range of the GT with 21" wheels. I think Edmunds must have changed the wheels on that car for some reason.
I think when they say $155, they mean the price you'd pay right now if you were to order, vs. what they paid, which was the pre-price-hike price. That's fair, I think.

Yep, I realized that and edited it out of my comment shortly after I posted. Thanks.

This guy is definitely more nit-picky than I would be, and I found him a bit annoying at times (the smell, really?), but that's sort of the point of the video, so I'll grant them that.

All-in-all, I didn't think Lucid came off looking too bad. And there was nothing said that was unfair, ultimately. Lucid is definitely not perfect at this point, as anyone on the forum can see.

It'll be interesting to see how the car fares over the course of the year as they make more videos.

Back