Edmunds does another Lucid review..

So I'm probably not going to watch the video. Just reading all of these comments is sufficient lol.

However, if I'm not mistaken, Lucid would not give/loan Edmunds a car to review and made them actually buy it. There's a reasonable chance that Edmunds would be extra critical just because they are a little pissed about that

So I'm probably not going to watch the video. Just reading all of these comments is sufficient lol.

However, if I'm not mistaken, Lucid would not give/loan Edmunds a car to review and made them actually buy it. There's a reasonable chance that Edmunds would be extra critical just because they are a little pissed about that
Yes, this is because Edmunds typically thrashes their vehicles by doing drag races, range tests, etc. Also, why should they be entitled to a free long term test? Or 21 wheels?

Take the review with a grain of salt. These car rags are trying to put down/discredit demand for Ev’s from Tesla,/ Lucid and others to protect the ICE Legacy auto makers. Anybody who knows knows. Tesla is gonna kill it with refresh highland m3. Lucid Gravity 👍

Take the review with a grain of salt. These car rags are trying to put down/discredit demand for Ev’s from Tesla,/ Lucid and others to protect the ICE Legacy auto makers. Anybody who knows knows. Tesla is gonna kill it with refresh highland m3. Lucid Gravity 👍
Yes, in recent weeks there has been an abundance of people saying evs are "failing" and just general negative "news."

1. As @borski pointed out and commented to them in their YT, almost all the negative call outs are so minor that one service stop / mobile visit could have resolved. Nothing to create dramatic content around it. I actually laughed off these were the biggest gripes they had.

2. EPA range is what it is. Could you get theoretical 516? Yes, but who drives their car, especially this car, under those conditions all the time? It's still the longest range production EV.

3. Software and HA definitely needs more work. Fair. But they are pumping out OTA updates so the software will improve.

4. Price changes. It's happening across the board across almost all manufacturers. It's supply/demand based on economic conditions.

5. How's the performance, handling, and ride after a year?

1. As @borski pointed out and commented to them in their YT, almost all the negative call outs are so minor that one service stop / mobile visit could have resolved. Nothing to create dramatic content around it. I actually laughed off these were the biggest gripes they had.

2. EPA range is what it is. Could you get theoretical 516? Yes, but who drives their car, especially this car, under those conditions all the time? It's still the longest range production EV.

3. Software and HA definitely needs more work. Fair. But they are pumping out OTA updates so the software will improve.

4. Price changes. It's happening across the board across almost all manufacturers. It's supply/demand based on economic conditions.

5. How's the performance, handling, and ride after a year?
Yup, you summed up the thread perfectly. Rattling a pillar... just call service!

I watched the video and have to say that their ownership experience and assessment isn't that far off from mine. I have had all their issues, except the interior trim pieces, with more of my own such as the car refusing to go into drive while I was in the middle of a parking lot, both front seats needing to be replaced for various reasons, wiper blade issues, radar sensor malfunctions, doors that won't open and having to climb out the back, trunk that wouldn't close, etc. My car has been to service 4x in my 1 year of ownership but fortunately I live close to a SC and they come pick up my car each time! I accept these as an early adopter of a start up car company but to say they are not true and that Edmunds is just trying to tear down lucid or promote ICE cars is being disingenuous. Personally I found their review to be refective of the ownership experience of an early build AGT.

Despite all the issues I still enjoy driving the car and my kids prefer it to my wife's eqs. I can't wait for future software updates that will undoubtedly make this car even better than it is now but make no mistake, I am fully expecting more owership speed bumps ahead

I don't think that the video is that bad, just my opinion. They give praise when it is due and call out the problems that they have had. We all do the same here on the forum.

+1

I also think they were a little unlucky to get delivered with slightly ideal trim finishes.

These are the same people who didn't realize they'd inflated the tires to the wrong PSI for their first range test, complained about the smell of the leather, and complained there were too many software updates (they thought it made it confusing?). Out of every review I've read or watched it's really apparent to me that Edmunds is way outside of the norm for reviewers, and repeatedly minimizes the car's strengths and overly emphasizes minor flaws. Their BMW i7/Lucid comparison video is really reviewing how determined they are to underplay the advantages the Lucid had, and they'd even talk about how awesome certain BMW features were and not mention at all that the Lucid had the SAME features (passenger cabin sunshades).

It's working though. I spoke with someone at the chargers today in his i4. He asked me about the Lucid and I told him it was great. He went with the i4 because he had seen Edmunds original review of the Lucid and was turned off the brand. I had him sit in my car and he was like, "Wow, this isn't what I expected" He thought there would be fit and finish issues all over the place. Lucid was roomier and more comfortable than his i4, was charging faster than his car, could go further than his car. I just laughed and told him to trade his i4 in for a Lucid.

It's working though. I spoke with someone at the chargers today in his i4. He asked me about the Lucid and I told him it was great. He went with the i4 because he had seen Edmunds original review of the Lucid and was turned off the brand. I had him sit in my car and he was like, "Wow, this isn't what I expected" He thought there would be fit and finish issues all over the place. Lucid was roomier and more comfortable than his i4, was charging faster than his car, could go further than his car. I just laughed and told him to trade his i4 in for a Lucid.
Edmund’s is horrible for this reason.. what was the owners reaction to trading in?

Or do as Lucken does and have one of each.

Now now, my household proves an i4 and a Lucid can peacefully coexist. They play nicely together. ;)

OK. I will ring in again on the Edmunds review. They did not mention the most important factor and that is Lucid Air's dynamic capabilities which are still amazing after 14,000 miles in my AGT. Nor did they opine on the driving position, comfort, storage space, interior space and appointments, and many other attributes that owners love, despite the temperature switch's slight travel. The comment above about the person who decided against the Air based on an Edmunds review is just one example of the impact of a less than comprehensive and objective review. The Out of Spec reviewer also made a Federal case about the temperature toggle switch movement.

OK. I will ring in again on the Edmunds review. They did not mention the most important factor and that is Lucid Air's dynamic capabilities which are still amazing after 14,000 miles in my AGT. Nor did they opine on the driving position, comfort, storage space, interior space and appointments, and many other attributes that owners love, despite the temperature switch's slight travel. The comment above about the person who decided against the Air based on an Edmunds review is just one example of the impact of a less than comprehensive and objective review. The Out of Spec reviewer also made a Federal case about the temperature toggle switch movement.
Yeah isn’t it funny the microscopic crap they fixate on? Apparently the car makes an almost imperceptible rocking motion for a nanosecond when you stop, which I never noticed until the out of spec video, and then promptly quit noticing because I quit looking for it, so that’s not luxury! Better dump the best range best space most comfortable amazing looking Lucid and get a Model Y where the “massaging seats” are just the suspension shaking the car violently on what looks like a smooth surface.

Grrrrrr. Edmunds. These guys are tools when it comes to their Lucid. All of their issues could easily be fixed if only they knew how to contact customer service for an appointment. I know it’s hard guys, but you can do it! It’s just a phone call away….

For better or worst, Edmunds has always focused on initial startup problems. When reading or watching reviews of any product, one needs to recognize where the reviewer is coming from and where you, as the customer live. If initial startup is important to you, pay a lot of attention to Edmunds. If performance is important to you, pay attention to Car & Driver.

"Edmunds" just posted its ratings of the 2024 Lucid Air. They're still saying the car is not up to class standards on handling and braking. WTF?

The car won the Goodwood Festival of Speed Hill Climb event -- a handling-focused venue. A wide array of serious auto reviewers, including race drivers such as Ben "The Stig" Collins from "Top Gear", have ranked it in the top tier of sedans in driving dynamics. The only other EV that most reviewers put in the same league as the Air is the Porsche Taycan.

Most reviewers almost hit the point of ridicule when it comes to MB EQS handling. In my own personal experience of owning a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Air Dream Performance, the Air's handling trounces the Tesla's. Some reviewers have gone as far as dubbing the Plaid almost unsafe in terms of high-speed braking and handling without the $20,000 Track Package upgrade and the optional steering wheel instead of the yoke.

We might never know why, but someone at Edmunds seems determined to do a hatchet job on Lucid. This is why they engage in such nonsense as putting a Lucid with the smallest wheels (19") wearing all-season rubber on a race track against an Acura NSX sports car on wide high-performance summer rubber in order to pronounce the Lucid deficient in handling and braking. They aren't even subtle in the absurdities in which they will engage to generate the pretense of an objective examination of the Lucid.

"Edmunds" just posted its ratings of the 2024 Lucid Air. They're still saying the car is not up to class standards on handling and braking. WTF?

The car won the Goodwood Festival of Speed Hill Climb event -- a handling-focused venue. A wide array of serious auto reviewers, including race drivers such as Ben "The Stig" Collins from "Top Gear", have ranked it in the top tier of sedans in driving dynamics. The only other EV that most reviewers put in the same league as the Air is the Porsche Taycan.

Most reviewers almost hit the point of ridicule when it comes to MB EQS handling. In my own personal experience of owning a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Air Dream Performance, the Air's handling trounces the Tesla's. Some reviewers have gone as far as dubbing the Plaid almost unsafe in terms of high-speed braking and handling without the $20,000 Track Package upgrade and the optional steering wheel instead of the yoke.

We might never know why, but someone at Edmunds seems determined to do a hatchet job on Lucid. This is why they engage in such nonsense as putting a Lucid with the smallest wheels (19") wearing all-season rubber on a race track against an Acura NSX sports car on wide high-performance summer rubber in order to pronounce the Lucid deficient in handling and braking. They aren't even subtle in the absurdities in which they will engage to generate the pretense of an objective examination of the Lucid.
If they said something like "this car is not up to supercar standards on handling and braking," I would have given them a pass. Since that is what they are pitting the Lucid against in their unfair competitions, that is what it should be.

But saying it isnt up to CLASS standards, the likes of which include the i5 Pig60, the Model S, the Taycan, and the EQShit is simply idiotic. I would bet my LCID stock the Lucid is dynamically better than those cars (except the Taycan.. except that isnt the STANDARD and is also considerably smaller. shouldn't the standard be the median?). The i5 and the EQS are ruled out for reasons I dont need to explain. Although the Model S has good brakes in terms of stats (same goes for handling), brake feel as well as the feel of the handling itself is worlds apart, even from the damn passenger seat.

The U-drags had a small BIT of sense to them as at least they were factual, even though the matchups were hugely unfair and the Lucid was being shit on by them even though it had 19s. This is just flat out lying. Screw Edmunds at this point, no more excuses can be made for them. I could laugh at their nonsense regarding U-Drags... not this.

Back