Edmunds does another Lucid review..

I am fine if any reviewer posts a documentation of the issues. However, he tried to play off some of the good things as minor and overall did not mention too many good things, only negative things. Looks like an attitude problem as you said to me..
I think that reviewer is confusing snarky and whiny with insightful and cutting edge journalism. Edmunds need to hire a real car guy, and let this guy go back to judging flower arrangements..

3 words: This is bullshit.

The bias in this review is so obvious and tragically funny/sad at the same time
I own a 2022 Lucid Dream Edition, and much of what was said on this video echoes my experience. But as others have said, the OTA updates have greatly improved the vehicle. And in my case, a total of 5 times the car needed to be towed to the nearest Lucid Service Center about 200 miles away for repair or recalls. I was disenchanted to say the least. But after complaining continuously for months, they finally replaced my frunk latches so I could successfully go thru a carwash, and while the car was at the Service Center a very thorough inspection was conducted leading to several more repairs. So the initial QC sucked, but since the car was returned to me it has been the dream vehicle I expected. I had tried to sell the car, but now took it off the market and love driving it.

My only current frustration is the range. I would kill for anything over 400 miles. On the video the person complained about 465 miles when everyone on the planet should know actually getting the EPA range is mostly a dream. It has to be ideal conditions. I have gotten 350 miles once, but rarely get over 300. This is in part due to normal recharging on road trips, which is to charge to 80-85%, and get a re-charge no lower than 10-15%. So the full 118kWh battery is not utilized.

I own a 2022 Lucid Dream Edition, and much of what was said on this video echoes my experience. But as others have said, the OTA updates have greatly improved the vehicle. And in my case, a total of 5 times the car needed to be towed to the nearest Lucid Service Center about 200 miles away for repair or recalls. I was disenchanted to say the least. But after complaining continuously for months, they finally replaced my frunk latches so I could successfully go thru a carwash, and while the car was at the Service Center a very thorough inspection was conducted leading to several more repairs. So the initial QC sucked, but since the car was returned to me it has been the dream vehicle I expected. I had tried to sell the car, but now took it off the market and love driving it.

My only current frustration is the range. I would kill for anything over 400 miles. On the video the person complained about 465 miles when everyone on the planet should know actually getting the EPA range is mostly a dream. It has to be ideal conditions. I have gotten 350 miles once, but rarely get over 300. This is in part due to normal recharging on road trips, which is to charge to 80-85%, and get a re-charge no lower than 10-15%. So the full 118kWh battery is not utilized.

So you’re saying you get 300 miles on 75% battery capacity? That’s pretty good! No?

So you’re saying you get 300 miles on 75% battery capacity? That’s pretty good! No?
That would be good, yes. But no, on 75% capacity used I typically get 220-250 miles. Breaking 300 miles is extremely rare for me. And on road trips I drive with relatively slow acceleration, always use the stronger regenerative braking. But I do go 75-80 mph which is a killer on range.

But I do go 75-80 mph which is a killer on range.
There's your problem. Things at 70 go relatively well, up it to 75 and you will notice the battery draining slightly quicker but at 80mph it literally just ticks down like a clock pretty quickly. Will only drain quicker if you're in cold weather, facing a headwind etc.

You do those same speeds in any other EV and you'll see that you'll never get anywhere near EPA.

That would be good, yes. But no, on 75% capacity used I typically get 220-250 miles. Breaking 300 miles is extremely rare for me. And on road trips I drive with relatively slow acceleration, always use the stronger regenerative braking. But I do go 75-80 mph which is a killer on range.
Weird, I easily get over 300 doing the 80 jaunt

I just took a 470 miles trip from Fort Lauderdale to Tallahassee. On the way up, I drove 72 to 75 mph. Always using dream drive to manage speed and holding the lane. I got 4.0 miles per Kwh.

On the way back, I drove 75 to 80 mph and got 3.5 miles per kwh.

This was in 80+ weather with the AC on all the time and two people with some luggage. I thought the efficiency was great.

At 4.0 miles per kw, range is about 350 miles on my Touring. At 3.5 miles per kw, range is about 300.

Back