EA Charging

are there any hotel chains that's EV friendly? i believe Airbnb now shows EV charger as a filter option so you can look for EV friendly accommodation although i don't know if a standard 110v access would be considered EV friendly (i hope not).
I have called and asked Hilton and Marriott to add that filter to their website. I think if enough of us call the customer service numbers, they will move it higher up their priority list.

I have called and asked Hilton and Marriott to add that filter to their website. I think if enough of us call the customer service numbers, they will move it higher up their priority list.
you are a very optimistic person, aren't you? :)
We are not actually the customer for Hilton and Marriott. The hotel operators are their customer, we are the product. :(

I have actually seen them at two Marriott properties and will be at a nearby Marriott property to the one we're staying in Moab.

I think a lot of resistance will come from ICE drivers who will not like the "priority" parking. Expect to find them ICEed.

So I just used the EA charger at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego and it supports plug & charge. Started charging right away. I wish EA would update all of their chargers to support this already…

So I just used the EA charger at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego and it supports plug & charge. Started charging right away. I wish EA would update all of their chargers to support this already…
I thought most of them did already?

I have actually seen them at two Marriott properties and will be at a nearby Marriott property to the one we're staying in Moab.

I think a lot of resistance will come from ICE drivers who will not like the "priority" parking. Expect to find them ICEed.
I will be in Moab on July 4th for a few days this year and was looking at EV charging solutions, can you tell me which Marriott property has a charger?

How long are you sitting wile charging ?

I tried my first DC fast charge today at a nearby 150kW EA station. I did not really need to charge but I wanted to try it out and see if I encountered any problems. I turned battery preconditioning on when I left home since the charger was 15-20 minutes away. It was 75 degrees here today so probably did not matter much. I pulled in with 38% state of charge and hooked up the charging cable. The EA station took about 5 seconds to communicate with the car and popped up a welcome Lucid Driver message. After telling the EA station to continue, charging started in another 5 seconds. The car pulled 178kW in the beginning. The rate had slowed to 87kW when is stopped charging at 80% charge.

The station was located at a Fry's (Kroger) supermarket so I picked up a few groceries and came back out a couple minutes before charging was complete. I was expecting to have to wait another 5-10 minutes. I now have a 100% success rate on EA.

Please explain pre conditioning the battery to those of us who are not familiar with EV’s.

The battery needs to be at an optimal temperature to accept the fastest charge possible. This is especially important when it is very cold or extremely hot. Preconditioning the battery just brings it to the optimum temperature before arriving at the charging station. The car will still charge without preconditioning, just at a slower rate until the battery temperature is optimized.

I tried my first DC fast charge today at a nearby 150kW EA station. I did not really need to charge but I wanted to try it out and see if I encountered any problems. I turned battery preconditioning on when I left home since the charger was 15-20 minutes away. It was 75 degrees here today so probably did not matter much. I pulled in with 38% state of charge and hooked up the charging cable. The EA station took about 5 seconds to communicate with the car and popped up a welcome Lucid Driver message. After telling the EA station to continue, charging started in another 5 seconds. The car pulled 178kW in the beginning. The rate had slowed to 87kW when is stopped charging at 80% charge.

The station was located at a Fry's (Kroger) supermarket so I picked up a few groceries and came back out a couple minutes before charging was complete. I was expecting to have to wait another 5-10 minutes. I now have a 100% success rate on EA.
Was this the brand new EA off Hayden Road, north of the 101?

This was Bell road just west of the 51. I don't think the one off north 101 is open yet. I would love to hear that it opened.
This is the only one I have currently found anywhere near me (about four miles west of my house). It is at Bell and 32nd streets. One at Haydn just north of the 101 would be great.

Has anyone had trouble with getting stuck in "initialization" when connecting to an EA charger? I know it's an issue with certain vehicles (marginal CCS connector design) but haven't heard of it happening to an Air. EA has a short Youtube video explaining how to hold the cable up somewhat to make all the pins on the connector pair mate sufficiently during the initial negotiation with the car.

Has anyone had trouble with getting stuck in "initialization" when connecting to an EA charger? I know it's an issue with certain vehicles (marginal CCS connector design) but haven't heard of it happening to an Air. EA has a short Youtube video explaining how to hold the cable up somewhat to make all the pins on the connector pair mate sufficiently during the initial negotiation with the car.
Did you unplug and plug back in? I've only seen that issue twice, once unplugging and plug back in worked, second time I had to move chargers

Did you unplug and plug back in? I've only seen that issue twice, once unplugging and plug back in worked, second time I had to move chargers
I've had the problem repeatedly on our Volvo EV but not after following EA's advice in this video. I'm some months away from having a Lucid to try it on. [EDIT: corrected the video link]

Last edited:
I've had the problem repeatedly on our Volvo EV but not after following EA's advice in this video. I'm some months away from having a Lucid to try it on.

I have not had any issues like that with the Lucid and EA.

Back