EA Charging

don't forget about changing the blinker fluid.
I always keep some on hand. Better safe than sorry.
Blinker.jpg

For the ones that ask me to pay, I have been able to open the Lucid app and start it from there without being charged. Did you try that?

For the ones that ask me to pay, I have been able to open the Lucid app and start it from there without being charged. Did you try that?
So would you suggest perhaps always using the Lucid app to start charging? instead of swiping on the EA app. Silly question - how do you link your Lucid to EA such that it knows we have free charging?

So would you suggest perhaps always using the Lucid app to start charging? instead of swiping on the EA app. Silly question - how do you link your Lucid to EA such that it knows we have free charging?
Yes definitely! I never use the EA app. Always use the Lucid app. It's easier too.

and how does one go about linking EA with their Lucid?
That's the beautiful part, you don't have to do anything! Just plug in. Once the EA charger is finished connecting, open the Lucid app and tap the charging tab at the bottom. Tap Electrify America, then tap which stall you are at and start!

That's the beautiful part, you don't have to do anything! Just plug in. Once the EA charger is finished connecting, open the Lucid app and tap the charging tab at the bottom. Tap Electrify America, then tap which stall you are at and start!
Certainly clean as a whistle it seems like. Why then would one have the EA app at all? To see which ones are working / not working. I assume the Lucid navigation gets to you to EA location, but wouldn't be able to tell you details like how many 350s vs 150s vs in use/not in use

Certainly clean as a whistle it seems like. Why then would one have the EA app at all? To see which ones are working / not working. I assume the Lucid navigation gets to you to EA location, but wouldn't be able to tell you details like how many 350s vs 150s vs in use/not in use
Not every car company supports EA in their own app. You can actually see all that info right in the Lucid app! Number of stalls, type, in use, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.PNG
    IMG_0869.PNG
    428.5 KB · Views: 140
Ok this level of detail is quite impressive. I suppose the same info is available on the navigation as well?
I think a saw number of stalls but I haven't tried tapping it for more info. I find the app easier to use but i'll definitely take a look later!

The info in the nav is NOT AS GOOD as what is in the Lucid app for some strange reason

The info in the nav is NOT AS GOOD as what is in the Lucid app for some strange reason
Also they should have the ability to start the charge from the pilot panel. The charging screen looks identical to the app but you have to use the app to start it

probably because you are already outside your car plugging in, but a redundancy would be cool.
Also they should have the ability to start the charge from the pilot panel. The charging screen looks identical to the app but you have to use the app to start it

does the car has any kind of trip planner? say you're driving 500 miles that day, can you set a threshold of 20% of charge and does it automatically show you chargers at 400mile mark?

does the car has any kind of trip planner? say you're driving 500 miles that day, can you set a threshold of 20% of charge and does it automatically show you chargers at 400mile mark?
You can't set a threshold but it will recommend charging stops along the way and you can add waypoints.

But then also like you said those chargers along the way can be any/all right? No way that it gets to only show say Chargepoint and EA?
I think it prioritizes EA chargers along the way from what I've seen but there is no way to manually filter them. I'll try it on the trip and take notes

On the trip planner, it uses EA chargers. If you plan it through the app, it'll show you approximately what charge you will be at and how long you need to charge for, I think!

are there any hotel chains that's EV friendly? i believe Airbnb now shows EV charger as a filter option so you can look for EV friendly accommodation although i don't know if a standard 110v access would be considered EV friendly (i hope not).

Back