borski

Grand Magistrate; Referral Code - Q1BTN5Y3
Verified Owner
Cars
Air DE-P, ZR, 21"
DE Number
Referral Code
Q1BTN5Y3
I’m on a road trip from the SF Bay Area down the coast (eventually to San Diego) and EA charging has been seamless, with one exception today. The charger worked fine, but it didn’t recognize the Lucid as charging for free and asked me to pay.

I called Lucid CS, they asked me to try a different charger. I did and it worked great.

But, they ALSO said: if you ever run into an EA charger that makes you pay, try another if one is available, but if you do end up paying shoot us an email or give us a call and we will reimburse you. Great to know, so I figured I’d share!

Of the dozen or so times I’ve fast charged so far, this was the first time I ran into that, which to me is a good sign.

I was amused that this EA station was right next to a supercharger station and literally every Tesla owner was cooing over the Lucid :p

I’m on a road trip from the SF Bay Area down the coast (eventually to San Diego) and EA charging has been seamless, with one exception today. The charger worked fine, but it didn’t recognize the Lucid as charging for free and asked me to pay.
Are you relying on Lucid's nav to plan the route and take you to the EA charging station?

Are you relying on Lucid's nav to plan the route and take you to the EA charging station?

Sometimes. One drawback is that when you search for chargers Lucid shows you *all* of them, not just EA stations, and I haven’t figured out how to filter that yet. I imagine that’ll come in an OTA.

So sometimes it finds the right one, and sometimes I pull up the EA app to find the one I want. It hasn’t been much of an issue to put in the address as a stop though!

I called Lucid CS, they asked me to try a different charger. I did and it worked great.

But, they ALSO said: if you ever run into an EA charger that makes you pay, try another if one is available, but if you do end up paying shoot us an email or give us a call and we will reimburse you. Great to know, so I figured I’d share!

Of the dozen or so times I’ve fast charged so far, this was the first time I ran into that, which to me is a good sign.

I was amused that this EA station was right next to a supercharger station and literally every Tesla owner was cooing over the Lucid :p
Did you still have to pay if you initiated the charge through the Lucid app? The 2 times, plug & charge didn't work, I opened the app and under the charging tab it said start EA session and you just pick the charger.

Did you still have to pay if you initiated the charge through the Lucid app? The 2 times, plug & charge didn't work, I opened the app and under the charging tab it said start EA session and you just pick the charger.

Ooooooh tell me more! I did not look! Does it just show up under the charging tab where you’d normally precondition or set the limit?

Sorry... dumb question. How does plug and charge really work? How does EA recognize the car and decide whether to charge or not?

Sorry... dumb question. How does plug and charge really work? How does EA recognize the car and decide whether to charge or not?

Literally what it sounds like. You plug in, it talks to the vehicle, recognizes it is a Lucid and eligible for free charging, and just starts charging. It’s stupid simple (when it works)

Ooooooh tell me more! I did not look! Does it just show up under the charging tab where you’d normally precondition or set the limit?
In the app, on the charging tab, between the car and Open Charge Port, a white box will appear that says " Start Electrify America session" Note, this only happens AFTER you plug the car in and it "connects with vehicle" and then that payment screen shows up.

Literally what it sounds like. You plug in, it talks to the vehicle, recognizes it is a Lucid and eligible for free charging, and just starts charging. It’s stupid simple (when it works)
It works the majority of the time. Even on the same charger, I've plugged and unplugged and it started working the 2nd time. Try that next time before you move spots!

In the app, on the charging tab, between the car and Open Charge Port, a white box will appear that says " Start Electrify America session" Note, this only happens AFTER you plug the car in and it "connects with vehicle" and then that payment screen shows up.
Thanks for the clarification. So, did you end up paying because you said "payment screen shows up"?

Spectacular, thank you! I’ll try that next time for sure.

It works the majority of the time. Even on the same charger, I've plugged and unplugged and it started working the 2nd time. Try that next time before you move spots!

I did try that, and it didn’t work. But I didn’t know I could kick it off manually!

And yeah this was the first time the plug n charge didn’t work.

Thanks for the clarification. So, did you end up paying because you said "payment screen shows up"?

Nope. I switched spots to the other side of the charger and plug n charge worked fine.

Glad to hear the charging was seamless. We often drive from the north bay to Laguna beach and was a little aprehesive because of charging along the way.

No, it just initiates the charge still costs $0

Glad to hear the charging was seamless. We often drive from the north bay to Laguna beach and was a little aprehesive because of charging along the way.
You could almost make that trip without charging

It works by billing your lucid “plan”. The plan is paid for by Lucid and they don’t pass the charge on during the free period.

It’s great to hear they will reimburse if EA goes nuts.

Which specific chargers have you hit? We had some problems with our Taycan on a few heading to LA and then heading East.

Let me guess….. the one you had issues at was Panoche Shell?

Back