EA Charging

My car is EPA rated at 204. When I stop at chargers along the I5 from LA to SF they’re not “oh shit, I forgot” stops, I stop because I have no choice just like the Ioniq 5, Mach E, Taycans, ID4’s that I see at these locations as well.

Not everyone is going to have the luxury of a 500 mile EPA car so plentiful charging stops on freeways is a necessity.
Obviously the solution is for everyone to buy GTs...

Obviously the solution is for everyone to buy GTs...
Yeah. No one is listening to me when I say it. Back in the early days of PCs, it was always pay for the most memory and the fastest processor you could get. For EVs, it is pay for the most mileage you can get. “But Tesla has the supercharger stations” everyone says. I’ll wave to them driving by when all 24 bays are full and cars are waiting in line for 30’ to get a stall. Yup. Mileage matters.

EDIT: it will be a long time before the infrastructure catches up, especially when EVs make up a small percentage of cars on the road and growing faster then the charging stations can.

.....it will be a long time before the infrastructure catches up, especially when EVs make up a small percentage of cars on the road and growing faster then the charging stations can.
Funny that it's "easy" to pump out spanking-new-tech EVs from a fresh factory, but difficult to commission charging stations due to limited power infrastructure / site agreements / permits / profitability issues.

Lucid managed to add 20% additional battery capacity with a minimum loss of efficiency due to the added weight. This is a huge plus. Larger batteries travel further, charge faster and last longer. Down the road, with a 15% degradation, the Lucid will still have more battery capacity, travel further, and charge faster than a brand new 100kWh EV. And with a new set of Bilsteins, it will still drive like new.

I’m on a road trip from the SF Bay Area down the coast (eventually to San Diego) and EA charging has been seamless, with one exception today. The charger worked fine, but it didn’t recognize the Lucid as charging for free and asked me to pay.

I called Lucid CS, they asked me to try a different charger. I did and it worked great.

But, they ALSO said: if you ever run into an EA charger that makes you pay, try another if one is available, but if you do end up paying shoot us an email or give us a call and we will reimburse you. Great to know, so I figured I’d share!

Of the dozen or so times I’ve fast charged so far, this was the first time I ran into that, which to me is a good sign.

I was amused that this EA station was right next to a supercharger station and literally every Tesla owner was cooing over the Lucid :p
How do I set up my car with EA account? Does the Lucid app on my phone do that automatically?

How do I set up my car with EA account? Does the Lucid app on my phone do that automatically?
Lucid normally sets up your car with EA just before you accept delivery. You can try charging at a local EA station to check.

I did EA charging for the first time today in Atlanta. I had not signed up for anything, I just plugged in the EA charger to my car and the charging worked automatically. The charging stopped at 80% and the EA screen showed $0 and off I went.

I did EA charging for the first time today in Atlanta. I had not signed up for anything, I just plugged in the EA charger to my car and the charging worked automatically. The charging stopped at 80% and the EA screen showed $0 and off I went.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it when the charge level drops. My vehicle was delivered at 96% charge, with .35 software. Somehow at 94%, it shows around 350 miles in range. 1st full day of ownership.

This is precisely how a typical flawless EA session should work. No interaction with the phone app, the car (apart from opening the charge port), or even the EA station screen. Glad to hear you had a good experience!

Back