EA charging questions for new Lucid Owners w/o free charging

PacificallyLucid

Cars
Jag XF, Lucid Air Pure
For us new owners that do not have free EA charging, is there any integration left with the car for plug and charge, by say having a CC on file in the car? Or are we using the app only now?

Lucid told me that FREE charging is being offered to Lucid owners through EA.

Lucid is going to put out an announcement about this, but nothing yet.

Give it a try.

I wouldn't use the EA app. I believe it charges you.

Just plug in, it recognized my car, authorized, and showed charging $0.00.

Click start charging on the pilot panel.

I’ve used EA that did not charge a fee and I’ve used s different location that did charge. I did not use the app - just plug and charge, for the location the charged a fee, it asked me for a CC.

Lucid told me that FREE charging is being offered to Lucid owners through EA.

Lucid is going to put out an announcement about this, but nothing yet.

Give it a try.
where did you hear that? i know certain owners based on purchase date had free charging that was fully advertised by lucid. beyond that an individual experience may vary.

I purchased in May and yes, like most everyone else it seems, free charging by simply plugging in at EA chargers. No app.

Hoping to try this out this week. Our closest EA station is between home and work. Usually don't need to charge, but I want to see if it works. I promise not to hog the station. We're not as busy as LA though.

Hoping to try this out this week. Our closest EA station is between home and work. Usually don't need to charge, but I want to see if it works. I promise not to hog the station. We're not as busy as LA though.
Good luck with it. It should be straightforward with plug and charge. If it doesn't work immediately, you can activate in the Lucid app itself (not EA app) or move to another open charger.

Have your Lucid app open as you plug in. Sometimes it will prompt you to authenticate and you'll choose which number charging station you're plugged into on your app.

So today I see the incentives tacked on an additional $1,000 if you purchase or lease a vehicle on premises, AND they have added back "up to 2 years free charging." One year or 1000Kwh, which ever comes first for Pure, 2 years for T and GT. My suspicion is that all purchases of Pure this year will get 1 year and T and GT will get two years. I don't think they have these cars that well delineated. Evidence from all the cars still charging for free indicates they are just promoting what was always the case anyway.

My Air Pure (delivered on March 28, 2024) initially didn't have any charging plan listed. I thought it was going to be free to the entire year without a limit but I checked today since my wife used an EA at Target. It's now showing Free up to 1000 kWh or 12 months (whichever comes first) plan.

My Air Pure (delivered on March 28, 2024) initially had no charging plan listed. I thought it would be free for the entire year without a limit, but I checked today since my wife used an EA at Target. It's now showing as free up to 1000 kWh or 12 months (whichever comes first) plan.

Same for me. Previously, it didn’t list any plans, but it used to work fine. Now it shows 12 months or 1000kwh. It doesn’t have historical data for charging I did in July (I got the vehicle in July), but it shows a record of my charging in August. I think charging from August onwards counts against the 1000 KWh.

1725841294175.webp

2024 Lucid Air Grand Touring

Back