Dual MagSafe phone charging

@TWRAPS I signed up for notifications for your out of stock trunk organizers. If you happen to have any extra inventory laying around, I would love to buy a set, even if you don’t gave packaging or they are scratched.
Thank you! The issue with these is not so much the packaging but the manufacturing. Since we're still a young & small business, I can't yet afford an injection molder, so these are 3D printed (PS The visual quality is very nice and we only use ABS so there are no issues with high temperatures). 3D printing an object that big though is a bit tricky...or at least it's tricky if you are chasing close to 0% fail rate, which is what I generally try to achieve in order for unit economics to work. I will keep tuning in the settings this week, hopefully I can start offering it next week or so, but let's see.

I ordered the dual MagSafe charger. Thanks for the quick delivery. Looks and fits very good. Tried it out immediately but It took 15 minutes to get from 90% to 91 %, ie. very slow rate of increase. Is this normal? How do I find the charging current rate? Seems like I am getting well below what I thought I would get more like a 1% per minute. Will try it out later with a lower state of charge on the iPhone.

I ordered the dual MagSafe charger. Thanks for the quick delivery. Looks and fits very good. Tried it out immediately but It took 15 minutes to get from 90% to 91 %, ie. very slow rate of increase. Is this normal? How do I find the charging current rate? Seems like I am getting well below what I thought I would get more like a 1% per minute. Will try it out later with a lower state of charge on the iPhone.
It should be 7.5W per puck/phone (iOS limitation). Apple's OEM pucks are 15W, so half the charging power/speed of an OEM puck. The state of charge does matter though, so it's worth trying with a lower state of charge. As for testing - we use these to test the pucks at random (we don't test every single puck but test them at random batches to detect faulty batches) and I in my testing I always reach at least 7W power (again depends on the charge level of the phone):

One other thing you can do to test is (assuming you are with an iPhone):
Go to Settings / Battery / Battery Health & Charging and disable Optimized Battery Charging and maybe disable Clean Energy Charging. I don't recommend you keep these settings off, but just for the sake of seeing if that changes the charge rate in any meaningful way.

Please let me know if you find out more. Also, if you are in the Bay Area by any chance, feel free to stop by, I can use our power meter to make sure you are getting the 7.5W of charge.

And last but not least - if you feel 7.5W won't work for you, just DM me with your order # and I will arrange a return label so you can return it for a refund 👍

Yes, we (and by we I mean my wife as I was busy with other stuff that day 😃) made it a 3 piece kit, and it was easier to install, but that edge line didn't feel right in a $130k vehicle. The cost would've been a lot lower too if it was 3 pieces as we wouldn't need such a big box (and heavy too - about 3.75lbs just for the box) to transport these, but I think a single piece looks a lot better.
Your competition is rolling it and sending it in a round box like the ones that contain documents or maps. That might be an option but that product installs like a PPF Film.

Your competition is rolling it and sending it in a round box like the ones that contain documents or maps. That might be an option but that product installs like a PPF Film.
I find those impossible to install. I bought one and got so frustrated I threw it out.

The rigid ones are definitely easier and definitely my preference.

I know, but this only applies to TPU (PPF like) screen protectors. Ours are PET (plastic), and while they are PET so they can bend for the big screen, they can't really bend so much as to roll them in a box, unless it's a very big box. But that would look pretty bad + shipping will be even more astronomical than it already is.

Charger was delivered today. Had no issues with charging both my Android (Pixel 7 Pro) and my wife's iPhone 14 simultaneously, once connected with the USB-C to USB-A adapter. One small quirk I noticed was that when pulling it up to access the below compartment, it kind of has to be pulled up in a specific angle, almost like forward and up? to prevent it from.. not sure if "scratching" is the right word, but it does feel very tight if I don't pull it up at a specific angle. Aside from that, fantastic product and I'm glad these will be shipping with the adapters going forward!

I've also ordered the Chrome Delete Wheel Wrap and will be reviewing that in a separate thread as well if anyone had their eyes on that too!
343291560_804790767229743_3785719317417368108_n.jpg
343300120_839033477638684_5356480189639657557_n.jpg

Charger was delivered today. Had no issues with charging both my Android (Pixel 7 Pro) and my wife's iPhone 14 simultaneously, once connected with the USB-C to USB-A adapter. One small quirk I noticed was that when pulling it up to access the below compartment, it kind of has to be pulled up in a specific angle, almost like forward and up? to prevent it from.. not sure if "scratching" is the right word, but it does feel very tight if I don't pull it up at a specific angle. Aside from that, fantastic product and I'm glad these will be shipping with the adapters going forward!

I've also ordered the Chrome Delete Wheel Wrap and will be reviewing that in a separate thread as well if anyone had their eyes on that too!View attachment 11786View attachment 11787
Thanks so much for the review! As for the pulling up - let me see how can I improve the design! I will follow up via email. Probably shaving a few mm here and there + perhaps changing the forward angle a bit will do it.

I've also ordered the Chrome Delete Wheel Wrap and will be reviewing that in a separate thread as well if anyone had their eyes on that too!

Are you using a magsafe case on your Pixel? I don't have one on my Samsung but thought I'd try it anyhow hoping it may stay somewhat in place on the puck while driving

Are you using a magsafe case on your Pixel? I don't have one on my Samsung but thought I'd try it anyhow hoping it may stay somewhat in place on the puck while driving
I am! I love MagSafe technology (I use it with an Anker MagSafe battery pack quite frequently) and this is the exact case I use that has the MagSafe integration. It's by Mous and they make other products within their ecosystem too. I like this one specifically as it actually has a strong 'magnet' feeling when it attaches to a MagSafe device, even the Lucid MagSafe charger by TWRAPS it kind of holds my phone in place. My wife's iPhone case didn't seem to have that sort of strong magnetic feeling when charging on the TWRAPS MagSafe charger - not sure if it was her case or not that was interfering with it, but hopefully her phone won't be sliding around (I know mine won't with the Mous case)

I think Mous semi-frequently has 10-20% off codes as well - I know $65 for a phone case can be a bit wild but I do think it's worth it!

I just got mine and like it except for the slower charging capabilities, at lease it charges unlike the stock one

That’s, an odd way to proclaim separation.

I’m getting mine in tomorrow and will post it in various places, but Twitter is sort of an area I have 0 interest in now-a-days.
Agreed. I like @LucidForumNoMore so do hope he hangs around and keeps posting. <3

Well turns out that I cannot charge my phone and use my radar detector at the same time. Both are connected to the usb a port. Once the phone is charging my radar detector loses power or does not function properly due to lack of power. I ordered a usb a to usb c adapter, hope this works.

Received mine on Friday and I’m beyond happy with it.

I do want to double check how much clearance there is for the camera because.. well the camera bump is about to get bigger.

The accessory adapter was loose in the case but managed to get caught by the magnets. So it was “secured” at least.

Everything else was super darn straightforward. Honestly believe that Lucid should take note of this and consider a center console revision in the future (similar to what Tesla did).

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
Honestly believe that Lucid should take note of this and consider a center console revision in the future (similar to what Tesla did).
Original Tesla Model S had NO center console 🤪 so ya there was a considerable "redesign" 😉

Received mine on Friday and I’m beyond happy with it.

I do want to double check how much clearance there is for the camera because.. well the camera bump is about to get bigger.

The accessory adapter was loose in the case but managed to get caught by the magnets. So it was “secured” at least.

Everything else was super darn straightforward. Honestly believe that Lucid should take note of this and consider a center console revision in the future (similar to what Tesla did).
Thank you!!! As of a few days ago we connect the adapter to the usb-C to prevent exactly that :)
As for the camera clearance - it’s 1/4”, so we should be good until at least iPhone 17 😂
As for Lucid fixing this - I for one disagree! What are we going to sell if they fixed it? 😃

Back