Dual MagSafe phone charging

Nice product! I'm predicting a lot of "mobile keys" mistakenly left in cars though.
Yea. My Telluride had a warning chime if a phone was left in the wireless charger after the vehicle was powered off and door opened. If Lucid had ONLY implemented the in-vehcile wireless charger correctly, none of these solutions would be needed. I'll definitely see other's experience with this option.

I'm also down in the San Jose area, how far North are you located? ....I'm also waiting to order until I can snag the full kit.
Our facility is in Concord (2280 Bates Ave), but I live in Pleasant Hill so if you decide to come anywhere in that area, you are welcome to pick up from either the office (Concord) or my place, I just need to know if you are coming to my place so I bring it from the office as I don't keep any inventory at home.

Oh, first person who received it tweeted about it... link to the tweet:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 3.28.47 PM.png

Yes, not a problem if a box that big exists. But it doesn’t 😀 The big screen protector is very big! I can theoretically fold it a bit and just put it in an Amazon style box but it may get damaged :( so I have custom boxes ordered but because they are humongous the factory that makes them had to order and wait for a new size of cardboard sheets which are used for the rigid structure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: just checked - the boxes I ordered are approximately 34”x14”x0.6”.
Makes sense. Was it ever considered to have 3 (or even 2) separate pieces for the main screen? I definitely like the idea of 1 continuous piece, but I don't think I would complain much if they came separately. Might save you some costs with smaller/less custom boxes in the future. Also I'm not sure if the middle screen has any (or even the ability to allow for) touch interactions. If not, some folks may also be OK with having just the 2 side screens protected.

Just some suggestions, feel free to ignore. In the meantime, I signed up to be notified when the complete set is available, as I'm too far away to pick up.

Makes sense. Was it ever considered to have 3 (or even 2) separate pieces for the main screen? I definitely like the idea of 1 continuous piece, but I don't think I would complain much if they came separately. Might save you some costs with smaller/less custom boxes in the future. Also I'm not sure if the middle screen has any (or even the ability to allow for) touch interactions. If not, some folks may also be OK with having just the 2 side screens protected.

Just some suggestions, feel free to ignore. In the meantime, I signed up to be notified when the complete set is available, as I'm too far away to pick up.
Yes, we (and by we I mean my wife as I was busy with other stuff that day 😃) made it a 3 piece kit, and it was easier to install, but that edge line didn't feel right in a $130k vehicle. The cost would've been a lot lower too if it was 3 pieces as we wouldn't need such a big box (and heavy too - about 3.75lbs just for the box) to transport these, but I think a single piece looks a lot better.

Yes, we (and by we I mean my wife as I was busy with other stuff that day 😃) made it a 3 piece kit, and it was easier to install, but that edge line didn't feel right in a $130k vehicle. The cost would've been a lot lower too if it was 3 pieces as we wouldn't need such a big box (and heavy too - about 3.75lbs just for the box) to transport these, but I think a single piece looks a lot better.
Frankly, I appreciate the attention to detail :)

Our facility is in Concord (2280 Bates Ave), but I live in Pleasant Hill so if you decide to come anywhere in that area, you are welcome to pick up from either the office (Concord) or my place, I just need to know if you are coming to my place so I bring it from the office as I don't keep any inventory at home.
I like to purchase the dual wireless charging pad as well. I live in East Bay Tri-Valley area just down the freeway from you and could come by to pickup the charging pad. Are you opened on weekend as well?

I like to purchase the dual wireless charging pad as well. I live in East Bay Tri-Valley area just down the freeway from you and could come by to pickup the charging pad. Are you opened on weekend as well?
We're closed on weekends unfortunately, but I can go to the office pick one up and you can come by my place if you want (I am in Pleasant Hill) to pick it up? I will likely be able to do that later in the afternoon (after 4pm) today at the earliest, as we're just about to head out to the Oakland Zoo with the kids.

If you want to pick up today/tomorrow like that, feel free to order the charger and select Pick Up at checkout and just DM me with your order # and we can arrange the pickup from my place later today 👍

Hi Iliya.

This is Navin with Order # 23011. Just got the shipment today and I absolutely love your screen protector for the pilot panel and the wireless charger. BUT does the wireless charger only and strictly only work for iPhones? My wife and I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G and a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G (both with MAG safe cases) and both did not seem to be charging on this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Navin

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received mine, absolutely brilliant! Solves two issues, wireless charging and keeping the phone from rattling around in the center console. Lucid should include one of these in the swag bag for new customers. Cheap way to fix one of the most talked about and annoying design flaws. Bravo

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
Hi Iliya.

This is Navin with Order # 23011. Just got the shipment today and I absolutely love your screen protector for the pilot panel and the wireless charger. BUT does the wireless charger only and strictly only work for iPhones? My wife and I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G and a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G (both with MAG safe cases) and both did not seem to be charging on this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Navin
Same thing for me! Galaxy S22 with magsafe case!

Hi Iliya.

Thanks
Navin
Got this reply, will test it tomorrow.

I see… this generally works for iPhones only due to firmware limitations but we can try one more thing before giving up (and if it doesn’t work you can just return it for a refund. And by the way it’s on my todo to explore how to make this compatible with wider range of phones).
So the thing I have in mind is this - do you have a usb C to usb A adapter? If yes try plugging it in and using the USB-A port on your lucid. If you don’t have one I can mail you one on Monday or you can try best buy or Amazon. Please let me know. We just released this product and I am still not aware of all the issues that would come up and how to handle them, but the usb A thing was the key to unlocking more phones on the Mach-E, so I hope it may be the same for Lucid. If so I will just start shipping an adapter with each charger.

Hi Iliya.

Thanks
Navin
Hey there!
Can you try a USB-C to USB-A adapter and see if that makes it work with the Samsung? If you don't have one please let me know and I will ship you one on Monday or if you want to try it sooner you can probably fine one in BestBuy. Happy to reimburse you for the purchase of the adapter.

Hi Iliya.

Thanks
Navin
Chiming in on this, it DOES seem to work on S23 Ultra, but it's a very specific placement. I just plugged it directly in the USB-C on the Lucid. The charging pad comes in 2 layers, a top layer with the two magsafe pucks and bottom layer. What I found works for me is lining up the top of the phone with the top of bottom layer of the charging pad. So, it's confirmed to work on non-iPhone devices, at least for me.

Thank you to Iliya for the fast shipping as well :)

Chiming in on this, it DOES seem to work on S23 Ultra, but it's a very specific placement. I just plugged it directly in the USB-C on the Lucid. The charging pad comes in 2 layers, a top layer with the two magsafe pucks and bottom layer. What I found works for me is lining up the top of the phone with the top of bottom layer of the charging pad. Perhaps you can give that placement a try, since it's confirmed to work on non-iPhone devices for me

Thank you to Iliya for the fast shipping as well :)
Any chance you can snap a photo of the correct placement?
Also, sorry for the dumb questions but disclaimer I have an iPhone so I am not so familiar with the Samsung:
1. Does the Samsung natively come with MagSafe support, or it's some sort of conversion via a MagSafe case?
2. At the placement you described, do the magnets stick to each other so the phone doesn't wiggle around?
3. If the answer to (2) was YES, then how is it possible to have any other placement? (for instance, on iPhones there is only one way you can place it for the magnets to work and that's the way it works)

Also just to clarify - the 2 layer design is mostly to accommodate the big camera bump on the recent iPhones + about 1/8" room below it for future generations iPhones, if Apple continues to make this thing bigger 😃

Back