Drive system fault

Not to my knowledge.
Showed up on our DEP#180 while siting in the Garage. Lucky for us, a reset cleared it and has been no repeat since. As I mention before, I have a high degree of tolerance with "software bugs and work in progress" and plan to hang around. All bets are off, If I am left stranded, on the road on a hot Summer day in South FL.,

Showed up on our DEP#180 while siting in the Garage. Lucky for us, a reset cleared it and has been no repeat since. As I mention before, I have a high degree of tolerance with "software bugs and work in progress" and plan to hang around. All bets are off, If I am left stranded, on the road on a hot Summer day in South FL.,
My DEP is #185! Not good.

My DEP is #185! Not good.
Oh, I was referring to the 12v failures! I’ve had turtle mode once but a reset fixed it right up, and it was on the car booting.

Never happened again, and has never happened on the road.

Attachments

• Lucid 180.jpg
    Lucid 180.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 97
where in the lifecycle does the TOD most likely occur

So it has been more than 2 weeks. They have to change the Rear Drive Unit (RDU. Waiting for its arrival.

So it has been more than 2 weeks. They have to change the Rear Drive Unit (RDU. Waiting for its arrival.
Coincidently, I spoke to my SM earlier today and they will have my car back on Monday (I hope).

I knew when I got the car that I will have to put up with some issues since this company is in infancy. But to have the rear drive unit go out after 800 miles is concerning. I am contemplating selling it as soon as it gets fixed.

I knew when I got the car that I will have to put up with some issues since this company is in infancy. But to have the rear drive unit go out after 800 miles is concerning. I am contemplating selling it as soon as it gets fixed.
For what it’s worth, not a single car we’ve seen has had a failure twice. When they show up, they show up very early generally, and with no recurrence.

They confirmed receipt of my GT today. I'm waiting not so patiently for it's return asap. Two weeks seems like an eternity. I love driving this thing.

They confirmed receipt of my GT today. I'm waiting not so patiently for it's return asap. Two weeks seems like an eternity. I love driving this thing.
Hope you get yours back soon, I know the withdrawals!

Had the same issue and still waiting to get my car back. The error message occurred on 9/29. They didn’t tow my car in until 10/3 (luckily it occurred at home so I was stranded anywhere). They had to replace a “module” and now waiting to sync everything up. Hoping to get the car back Monday afternoon was my last update. The disappointing part is I have to keep texting or calling for updates and at first they didn’t know what was wrong. I bought a Tesla back 2013/2014. If anything happened u were treated like royalty by the service center. Lucid has fallen WAY short of Tesla in their early days

Update - they are going to haul my car back to the service center in Denver and start poking around. When exactly that occurs, I still don't know. Such a bummer.
Update #2 - I've had several chats with the service rep. After substantial diagnostics run by the techs and reviewed by engineering, they think it's a software issue. So the good news is I've been promoted to 2.0.12 AND the turtle icon has disappeared.

Not sure I'm entirely comfortable that software was indeed the issue, but I'd like to think it was/is - so that's what I'm going with. They are going to play with it for another day and if all goes well, I'll have my rocket back by Monday. Fingers Xed! (It's been a LONG 3 weeks, particularly with all the beta chatter.)

Yesterday, the Warning Triangle appeared at the beginning of 300 mile return trip home. CC was not able to tell me what that warning icon meant -- not specific. Got home OK

Waking up the car this morning at home, the dreaded system warning message to contact CC appeared on the left side of the command panel and the Warning Triangle had been joined by the little Turtle on the right. The horror soundtrack in the background suddenly crescendoed around me and I was arrested in the driver's seat -- breathe, breathe, breathe, ........

Left the car in place and left in my wife's ICE car.

So, my turn to experience this? at 8K miles in? Will see what the service techs say.

Back