Drive system fault

All I can say is, make sure and make Lucid pay for the loaner directly. Otherwise, you could end up like me, out the cost as Lucid is unable or refuses to reimburse me.

The tech from Atlanta that came by last week mentioned they were about to sign a national contract with Hertz, so it sounds like the local Hertz contracts might have been linked to the Service Centers up until now. When I had my issue and needed a rental/loaner, the tech from Atlanta was trying to make that arrangement. not the Riviera Beach Service Center. He is a mobile tech with any real administration located in Riviera Beach. Hertz never called and I could not get them on the phone either, let alone getting a car delivered to me. So, let's just say that those of you who actually deal with a Service Center directly get better/more complete service at this point. Those of us living further away from Service Centers, not so much. The "local" (4 hour drive away, minimum) guys are great, but they should be fixing cars, not doing administrative things, especially when you have one, maybe two guys trying to handle a five-state area.

The fact that Lucid hasn't announced any more Service Center locations is very worrisome, especially when considering the increase in deliveries.

All I can say is, make sure and make Lucid pay for the loaner directly. Otherwise, you could end up like me, out the cost as Lucid is unable or refuses to reimburse me.

The tech from Atlanta that came by last week mentioned they were about to sign a national contract with Hertz, so it sounds like the local Hertz contracts might have been linked to the Service Centers up until now. When I had my issue and needed a rental/loaner, the tech from Atlanta was trying to make that arrangement. not the Riviera Beach Service Center. He is a mobile tech with any real administration located in Riviera Beach. Hertz never called and I could not get them on the phone either, let alone getting a car delivered to me. So, let's just say that those of you who actually deal with a Service Center directly get better/more complete service at this point. Those of us living further away from Service Centers, not so much. The "local" (4 hour drive away, minimum) guys are great, but they should be fixing cars, not doing administrative things, especially when you have one, maybe two guys trying to handle a five-state area.

The fact that Lucid hasn't announced any more Service Center locations is very worrisome, especially when considering the increase in deliveries.
It is worth noting that in my region, the service is provided by a third party, https://dornsbodyandpaint.com/lucid-certified/. The techs were sent to Lucid in California for three weeks of training. I will also say that they are extremely responsive and always tried to accommodate my request for service.

I agree. I expected to see more service centers announced by now, at least. I'm thinking they are trying to conserve cash so they can have a few positive earnings calls. But if they wait too long, that' going to bite them in the butt.

You're familiar with diplomas....?
Since you were so concerned about whether Lucid was actually sending Engineers with degrees, I mentioned to ask for them to show you their degree. By the way, I thought you were also an adios or was that fake too?

Last edited:
Dammit! I just got the turtle of doom icon on my dash.
Lucid traced my to the front motor and it was due to a loose ethernet connection. I hope that helps and should be a quick fix.

Lucid traced my to the front motor and it was due to a loose ethernet connection. I hope that helps and should be a quick fix.
Interesting. Let's hope! The car has been great so far (from a driving standpoint). Nothing weird has happened to it. It's currently up to 1.2.19.

Interesting. Let's hope! The car has been great so far (from a driving standpoint). Nothing weird has happened to it. It's currently up to 1.2.19.
Did the car change behavior when the turtle was displayed, like severe reduction in power? I got a drive system fault error a few times then realized it was always happening at the same location, turns out there was a massive truck toll radar system installed underneath this bridge I'd go under on my way home from work, and that would trigger a false drive system error. The car's behavior never changed, always cured by a reboot, and has never happened again once I avoided that route. I've heard other owners experiencing similar glitches when driving very close to an airport runway.

Did the car change behavior when the turtle was displayed, like severe reduction in power? I got a drive system fault error a few times then realized it was always happening at the same location, turns out there was a massive truck toll radar system installed underneath this bridge I'd go under on my way home from work, and that would trigger a false drive system error. The car's behavior never changed, always cured by a reboot, and has never happened again once I avoided that route. I've heard other owners experiencing similar glitches when driving very close to an airport runway.
Yeah, I just drove it around my neighborhood and it's pokey (at least compared to its normal behavior).

Yeah, I just drove it around my neighborhood and it's pokey (at least compared to its normal behavior).
Yeah park it and if valet card reboot doesn’t cure it then it’s service time. Sorry man. Fingers crossed it’s ok.

Update - they are going to haul my car back to the service center in Denver and start poking around. When exactly that occurs, I still don't know. Such a bummer.

Ask them to bring their Diploma
I was a tech while going to college for my engineering degree. I have to admit, many of my tech friends were way better at solving problems than my engineering friends. I do not think we should ascertain that techs are not as competent as engineers. I think competent people are competent people. My father was a GM mechanic in the 40s and was the "go-to man" when the auto transmission first came out in our hometown. He did have a high school diploma though!

Update - they are going to haul my car back to the service center in Denver and start poking around. When exactly that occurs, I still don't know. Such a bummer.
Damn man, hope it’s a speedy fix.

Back