Drive system fault

Abidbaig1

Cars
Air Grand Touring
I have 862 miles on my car and while driving at around 45 mph I got this message on dash and car went into turtle mood on Wednesday. My car is supposed to be picked up by lucid coming monday. Cant say how disappointed I am.

Damn, hopefully just the coolant issue some people had because that's a faster fix.

I will update here when they fix it. It is just disappointing to have this happen to literally brand new car.

I have 862 miles on my car and while driving at around 45 mph I got this message on dash and car went into turtle mood on Wednesday. My car is supposed to be picked up by lucid coming monday. Cant say how disappointed I am.
Sorry what was the error message? If you posted a pic it didn’t come through. It is disappointing.

Error is Drive system fault. A turtle shows on dash. I didnt post any pics.

Did they offer you a loaner or say they would pay for a rental?
For what it’s worth, my car is going in Monday for some minor fixes (drivers door handle fascia a bit loose, rear window tint has bubbles [which they redid when replacing the window cuz they cracked it previously by accident, so I’m having them redo], rear deck lid moulding glue came a bit loose, and front left airfoil broke off [my fault]) and they are providing me a Hertz rental, though I haven’t gotten a call from
Hertz yet. Of note, it is limited to gas cars, not electric, which is ironic and mildly annoying but not really a big deal.

Major fixes, I assume, should also provide rentals.

They don’t have loaners at all yet.

They don’t have loaners at all yet.

Now that production is ramping up quite a bit, that last point is an interesting one to explore. At what point does it make sense for Lucid to start stocking their service centers with loaners? It has to be cheaper, long-term, than offering everyone expensive luxury rentals. Obviously, they can't build 5-6 cars per service center just yet, but once they "catch up" on GTs, maybe, for the places where the most customers are, or the most reported incidents are, I do wonder when they might do such a thing?

Of course, for folks who are hundreds of miles from the nearest service center, rentals will continue to make more sense, since they'd have to get the loaner to you and pick it back up. But take a location like Millbrae, or Goose Island, for instance. I would bet there might be a few loaners available at those locations sometime in the first half of next year.

Now that production is ramping up quite a bit, that last point is an interesting one to explore. At what point does it make sense for Lucid to start stocking their service centers with loaners? It has to be cheaper, long-term, than offering everyone expensive luxury rentals. Obviously, they can't build 5-6 cars per service center just yet, but once they "catch up" on GTs, maybe, for the places where the most customers are, or the most reported incidents are, I do wonder when they might do such a thing?

Of course, for folks who are hundreds of miles from the nearest service center, rentals will continue to make more sense, since they'd have to get the loaner to you and pick it back up. But take a location like Millbrae, or Goose Island, for instance. I would bet there might be a few loaners available at those locations sometime in the first half of next year.
Yeah, my guess is that once they build Pures, they’ll build extras for the service centers, so that they have loaners that are on the “cheaper” end.

Turtle mode has been reported by a number of owners. Many, but not all, required replacement of the rear motor.

It happened to me and the car has been with Lucid for two weeks now. This is a safety issue as to how abruptly this happens. As I have done, you should also report this to NHTSA - this is not to punish Lucid - this is to ensure that this issue is given priority. Although I am frustrated that my car is not with me, I am not sure if I would be willing to drive this without knowing what's causing this. From what I gather, Lucid is not returning cars with this issue until they know and correct exactly what is causing this issue.

Yeah, my guess is that once they build Pures, they’ll build extras for the service centers, so that they have loaners that are on the “cheaper” end.
Great, that means we'll have a whole slew of threads on our forum of GT and GT-P owners who can't believe Lucid had the nerve to give them a lowly "Pure" loaner.

It happened to me and the car has been with Lucid for two weeks now. This is a safety issue as to how abruptly this happens. As I have done, you should also report this to NHTSA - this is not to punish Lucid - this is to ensure that this issue is given priority. Although I am frustrated that my car is not with me, I am not sure if I would be willing to drive this without knowing what's causing this. From what I gather, Lucid is not returning cars with this issue until they know and correct exactly what is causing this issue.
I mean, pretty sure we know what’s causing it in the vast majority of cases - rear drive unit failure. Replacing that has been the fix in (I think?) every case so far.

This does not seem like a major safety issue, as it gives you ample warning and does not shut off or anything, giving you the ability to safely find a spot to turn off.

The 12v battery issue is much more worrying, but also less widespread.

I dno about the NHTSA reports for this; it seems unnecessary as it has been handled through warranty without issue, generally, but the 12v issues are another matter.

Great, that means we'll have a whole slew of threads on our forum of GT and GT-P owners who can't believe Lucid had the nerve to give them a lowly "Pure" loaner.
LOL..... I'll gladly take a Pure compared to the piece of shit loaners I got from Hertz! I don't think people can get annoyed. When I had my car serviced at Audi I was given an SUV which was considered comparable to my e-Tron. Sometimes it was an e-Tron and other times it was a Q3. Didn't bother me as it was an Audi and they're all pretty similar across the board. The Pure will be the same, it's not going to have all the bells and whistles of a GT but you'll still feel like you're in a Lucid.

Now, if they make the Sapphire the loaner then I'll be reporting my car issues weekly 😂

LOL..... I'll gladly take a Pure compared to the piece of shit loaners I got from Hertz! I don't think people can get annoyed. When I had my car serviced at Audi I was given an SUV which was considered comparable to my e-Tron. Sometimes it was an e-Tron and other times it was a Q3. Didn't bother me as it was an Audi and they're all pretty similar across the board. The Pure will be the same, it's not going to have all the bells and whistles of a GT but you'll still feel like you're in a Lucid.

Now, if they make the Sapphire the loaner then I'll be reporting my car issues weekly 😂
Haha, yeah not if I do first. “Oh oops the airfoil broke off again I have no idea how that keeps happening Ps do you still have that sapphire as a loaner that was great” haha

When I had my Audi, they once gave me a Q5 as a loaner. I walked away thinking I still hate SUVs, but if I HAD to buy one, that would be the one.

It's smart, in a way, for companies to give you a taste of other models in the line. You never know when someone might need another, different vehicle.

Back