DreamDrive Pro

I wonder what Lucid will classify different features. Such as Highway assist? Traffic Jam assist, and lane changing features. Dream Drive or Pro?
Studio personnel still can't answer that question. They know what comes with DD Pro but haven't been told specifically what comes with just DD. I'm assuming all the safety features come with DD and most anything that has "assist" at the end. Anything that ends with "Pilot" is probably only on Pro. Figure we'll know in a couple of months.

As a late reservation holder of the Touring, seems like I got a lot of time to decide if I want to add it.

So what is autopilot on a Tesla currently? I have a 2016 model S. It steers and does well in traffic jams. It requires hands on the steering wheel to make sure you are alive. Is that Level 2?

So what is autopilot on a Tesla currently? I have a 2016 model S. It steers and does well in traffic jams. It requires hands on the steering wheel to make sure you are alive. Is that Level 2?
L2 Functionality labelled as L3.

What is surprising for me is that if you don't upgrade to DreamDrive Pro, you will miss out on some pretty basic driving assistance features that are standard on many vehicles today. Kinda disappointing that you need to fork over $9K to get some of these features:

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 3.20.53 PM.png

What is surprising for me is that if you don't upgrade to DreamDrive Pro, you will miss out on some pretty basic driving assistance features that are standard on many vehicles today. Kinda disappointing that you need to fork over $9K to get some of these features:

View attachment 954
Yeah..... a majority of these items came in my Audi for $4000 I believe. The ones it's missing I don't think are worth $5000 but you're betting on more added features \ improvements. It's following the Tesla model of paying for something in the future that isn't available today and we've all seen how well that has worked out for Tesla owners. To me, it's a huge risk that what is delivered today is what it is forever. The moment they discover the hardware is wrong and can't do what they promised then we're all going to be left out in the cold. Not saying that would happen and give Lucid the benefit of the doubt but there is risk in forking over $9K and nothing really changing for months \ years to come

View attachment 954
I inquired with my SA about this a while back and received the following reply. I'm personally not interested in autonomous driving vehicle so do not plan to get DreamDrive Pro.

DreamDrive - Driver Monitoring System (Includes Distracted Driver Alert & Drowsy Driver Alert)

- Front & Rear Cross Traffic Protection

- Automatic Emergency Braking

- Forward Collision Warning

- Blind Spot Warning - Lane Departure Protection

- Rear Pedestrian Collision Protection

- Highway Assist (Includes Lane Centering Control & Traffic Jam Assist)

- Adaptive Cruise Control with Speed Limit Assist

- Traffic Drive-Off Alert

- Traffic Sign Recognition

- High Beam Assist

- Automatic Park In & Out (Parallel & Perpendicular)

- Park Distance Warning - Park Comfort Braking

- Rear View Monitoring

DreamDrive Pro:

- Future-Ready Hardware for Semi-Autonomous Driving Functionality

Level 3 Autonomous driving allow drivers to take their hands off the wheel and eyes off the road in certain situations, but are far short of true autonomous driving as the driver still needs to be ready to take back control at any time. It also enables the vehicle to react to its environment and make decisions without urging the driver to take control. Please note no Level 3 systems are legal to use on American roads.

I inquired with my SA about this a while back and received the following reply. I'm personally not interested in autonomous driving vehicle so do not plan to get DreamDrive Pro.

DreamDrive - Driver Monitoring System (Includes Distracted Driver Alert & Drowsy Driver Alert)

- Front & Rear Cross Traffic Protection

- Automatic Emergency Braking

- Forward Collision Warning

- Blind Spot Warning - Lane Departure Protection

- Rear Pedestrian Collision Protection

- Adaptive Cruise Control with Speed Limit Assist

- Traffic Drive-Off Alert

- Traffic Sign Recognition

- High Beam Assist

- Automatic Park In & Out (Parallel & Perpendicular)

- Park Distance Warning - Park Comfort Braking

- Rear View Monitoring

DreamDrive Pro:

- Future-Ready Hardware for Semi-Autonomous Driving Functionality

Level 3 Autonomous driving allow drivers to take their hands off the wheel and eyes off the road in certain situations, but are far short of true autonomous driving as the driver still needs to be ready to take back control at any time. It also enables the vehicle to react to its environment and make decisions without urging the driver to take control. Please note no Level 3 systems are legal to use on American roads.
That would be better if DD Pro ONLY adds the extra L3 HW and you still get the other listed features in the vehicle with the included DD. The website is very UNCLEAR here.

That would be better if DD Pro ONLY adds the extra L3 HW and you still get the other listed features in the vehicle with the included DD. The website is very UNCLEAR here.
I agree. The website is very unclear and different information is listed in different places. It's why I inquired with my SA. The only thing that is reflective of the above information is that the update the DEs received stated it was to enable DreamDrive and not DreamDrive Pro. I try not to read too much into it but I believe that is indicative of what they will all have standard. Of course Lucid could make this easier by being clearer in their marketing. But I'm sure they're hoping most people will just opt to get DreamDrive Pro on lower models or just buy a GT.

- High Beam Assist
We currently don't have these features for the Regular Dream Drive. The High Beam Assist is a function that is sorely lacking. Also, what happened to Highway Assist? Actually, in the email from January 4th, they say "Other features such as Highway Assist are planned for 2022." Come on guys! They gave themselves all of 2022 to come up with the rest of the regular dream drive features. This does not bode will for Dream Drive Pro coming out this year.

We currently don't have these features for the Regular Dream Drive. The High Beam Assist is a function that is sorely lacking. Also, what happened to Highway Assist? Actually, in the email from January 4th, they say "Other features such as Highway Assist are planned for 2022." Come on guys! They gave themselves all of 2022 to come up with the rest of the regular dream drive features. This does not bode will for Dream Drive Pro coming out this year.
I was told by vp of supply chain that highway assist is targeted for Spring

I was told by vp of supply chain that highway assist is targeted for Spring
Thanks for the info. I don't know what to say, except, "A day late and a dollar short."

The website is very UNCLEAR here.
I think the mistake you made is assuming that if it was listed as part of DD Pro, it wasn't part of regular DD. Just as Cordy's SA stated, my SA along with stitching together info from other parts of the website indicates DD will have all the safety features listed along with Highway and Traffic Jam assist.

Highway Assist (Includes Lane Centering Control & Traffic Jam Assist)
According to the owners manual, the SA is incorrect. Highway Assist combines ACC and Lane Centering - requires clear lane markers. Traffic Jam Assist is a separate feature which uses ACC but not lane centering - it can be used when there are no lane markers, the car simply follows the car in front of it.

So Highway assist seemed like it was there initially, but know I cant get back to it from ACC. Was it removed on the latest update?

So Highway assist seemed like it was there initially, but know I cant get back to it from ACC. Was it removed on the latest update?
I don't think it was ever supposed to be there

Is Lucid writing their own Dream Drive software or they are working with Mobil Eye? if later then it should work well as Mobil eye has log track record and expertise

Is Lucid writing their own Dream Drive software or they are working with Mobil Eye? if later then it should work well as Mobil eye has log track record and expertise
Lucid was working with MobileEye about 5 years ago. But they decided to go on their own. However, judging from the hardware they are using and the features they are offering, it sounds like they have sourced hardware/software from Continental.
See the Thread 'Dream Drive being enabled?'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/dream-drive-being-enabled.340/

Last edited:
Lucid was working with MobileEye about 5 years ago. But they decided to go on their own. However, judging from the hardware they are using and the features they are offering, it sounds like they have sourced hardware/software from Continental.
OMG. Volvo sources a "TCAM" module for their EVs from Continental, for GPS/LTE/Wifi reception. It has been a nightmare for many owners, and I assume, for Volvo. Hope Lucid's experience with them is better.

Last edited:
See the Thread 'Dream Drive being enabled?'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/dream-drive-being-enabled.340/
That is not good, I wish they had stayed with MobilEye, but whatever as long as they make it work

Back